As a QB who does Edwards most remind you of

JimmyPage

I think this is right on the money.

I find it hard to think of the best of the best that don't(when it's needed).....use their brains(Thinker).....take a gamble(Gunslinger)......scramble(though this one is lesser)......stand in the pocket picking apart opposing Ds(Passer)......or simply take what is given to them(Game Manager).

I figure HOF level QBs typically have a predominant style but have the ability to do most things......hence putting them in the HOF class.

At this point, perhaps TE is a Thinker who has shown some Game Manager and Passer ability.....with a smattering of scramble. I'd like to see some Gunslinger come out in the next few years......and also see him get into the HOF :thumbsup:

HOF would be great. Super Bowl victory would be my first preference, though.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this is right on the money.

I find it hard to think of the best of the best that don't(when it's needed).....use their brains(Thinker).....take a gamble(Gunslinger)......scramble(though this one is lesser)......stand in the pocket picking apart opposing Ds(Passer)......or simply take what is given to them(Game Manager).

I figure HOF level QBs typically have a predominant style but have the ability to do most things......hence putting them in the HOF class.

At this point, perhaps TE is a Thinker who has shown some Game Manager and Passer ability.....with a smattering of scramble. I'd like to see some Gunslinger come out in the next few years......and also see him get into the HOF :thumbsup:

I can see a HOF category. Good point. Definitely would be nice to have another Bill QB in that category!

Speaking of the Scrambler. I rewatched the SD game today. And wow was Trent's scramble on 3rd and 7 for a first down big. He kept the drive alive that put us up for good when we absolutely needed it. The guy is definitely good on 3rd downs.

I can see a HOF category. Good point. Definitely would be nice to have another Bill QB in that category!

Speaking of the Scrambler. I rewatched the SD game today. And wow was Trent's scramble on 3rd and 7 for a first down big. He kept the drive alive that put us up for good when we absolutely needed it. The guy is definitely good on 3rd downs.

I LOVED that play...he needs to do that more often, when it is there for the taking. I really think Trent is just starting to get comfortable.

I LOVED that play...he needs to do that more often, when it is there for the taking. I really think Trent is just starting to get comfortable.

Absolutely. I have to remind myself sometimes that Trent is still very much learning the position. If you consider that most QBs take 2-3 years to really learn a system and play consistently, its amazing what Trent is doing with barely 16 starts under his belt. I would say it's also a testament to Jauron and Turk for designing a game plan that Trent can succeed in. They're really mixing in the run and pass (short and long) very well.

I still expect Trent to have some rough patches. But considering we've played 6 games we're well into the stage where defenses have enough film to figure Trent's weaknesses out. So if he's still performing this well, that says quite a bit about his abilities and his future.

As of right now, he reminds me of Chad Pennington. Accurate, Smart, Mediocre Arm, and Injury Prone. Yes, it's still early, that's about all he's proved.

Hopefully he'll move past him down the road, but we'll see