Brady's knee

Corp000085

Reread my post. I said epidemic PROPORTIONS, I did not say it was an epidemic. YET. Talk to ANYONE in the medical field & they will tell you they are VERY concerned it may well become one.

:D :D :angry:

Um...you see...

Aw...never mind.

:lol:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get how some people are happy about this.

It is FUN being a fan and rooting against Brady on the field.

Brady's CAREER is something that is real life and IMPORTANT.

Brady's HEALTH is even more IMPORTANT. An injury like that could linger might effect his everyday life. Can you imagine being a dad like Brady and not being able to play with your bastard child on the other side of the ocean? What about future bastard children? Will he even be able to play catch with them when he visits twice a year?

It is sad how some fans put fanhood about career and health.

He could die from this infection. I recently had a friend whose son had knee surgery. He contracted an infection and a few weeks later he died at 42. Just had the memorial service last week. Yes, I am a football fan (Buffalo) and don't want New England to do well, but I would never wish someone to be in his position now with his injury.

If you read my origional post I said it was a PROBLEM of epidemic proportion ; ie in other words a VERY large problem which many in the medical field believe could become epidemic if not arrested soon.

So, it isn't of epidemic proportions, yet. If it was, it would be an epidemic. That's kind of how it works. No?

He could die from this infection. I recently had a friend whose son had knee surgery. He contracted an infection and a few weeks later he died at 42. Just had the memorial service last week. Yes, I am a football fan (Buffalo) and don't want New England to do well, but I would never wish someone to be in his position now with his injury.

My brother nearly died, many years ago, as a result of a staph infection in his heart valve.

Yes, you are. It's fun to talk about hating the Pets* for cheating or because Bellysick is just a freaking :lol: hole but we are talking about people. Brady never did anything dirty to hurt any players, that I'm aware of, and so I feel bad for him.

When someone like Wilfork does his dirty deeds a team, in most cases, will retaliate. In fact in his book (pg. 68) Steve Tasker said:

"Players have a code they abide by, and if you are out there trying to ruin someone's body (and therefore his livelihood) with dirty tactics, you can bet the mortgage that there will be retaliation."

Someone like Rodney Harrison or Vince Wilfork I have little pity for but Brady just QB'd his team. Was he in on the cheating or just fed the results of it isn't known but even if he did it's still not reason to want to see him hurt so bad his career is over.

Agreed, it's a person not just a player.

There is something going on in Cleveland that they don't seem willing to or care enough to look into.

These infections are not just in Cleveland. I have a sister who will be having surgery tomorrow in Buffalo. They told her that she will either go home that night or the next morning. Home is the better place to recurperate if you can, not hospitals because of these kindsw of infection.

Reread my post. I said epidemic PROPORTIONS, I did not say it was an epidemic. YET. Talk to ANYONE in the medical field & they will tell you they are VERY concerned it may well become one.

Er....I'm IN the medical field, but when I talk to myself, people look at me in a strange manner. Or maybe it's just me. That is, of course, a distinct possibility.

I'm not dismissing you, or your wife, or your collective opinions vis-a-vis MRSA, okay? My point is that we ALL - yes, including me - have to be damn careful about throwing around words like "epidemic", or "death", "doom" and "destruction" on an internet web forum

Look, there are (I don't know) about 10,000 posters on this board. At any given time, there are perhaps 1% who have a loved one/relative/fellow employee that are going under the knife.

Jesus, I'm pretty hammered on a really bad Riesling, but let's do the math. .01 x 10,000 = 100 people, right? (I'm terrified that I did that incorrectly). One hundred people. That's quite a little community Here's a thought - YOU'RE NUMBER 42! Would you like to get your information vis-a-vis MRSA off a Bills web board? Goodness gracious!

The point being is that I would fervently admonish people NOT to throw things like EPIDEMIC out on forums like this. Whilst I don't disagree with your wife's observations. please make note that she most likely works in ONE hospital. Correct me if I'm wrong. But I'm going to guess that she doesn't work in as many hospitals as I do, in as many countries as I do. MRSA is a problem. Yes, indeed it is. This having been said, however, there is NOT an epidemic of MRSA. Believe me here. There's not even anything approaching epidemic proportions. I'm not saying for a nanosecond that I'd like to contract MRSA! But I walk in-and-out of hospitals every single day, and I'm still here, and am able to contribute irritating posts like this one. Let's just inhale deeply....that's all I'm saying.

"Cry Baby Cry" - The Beatles

My brother nearly died, many years ago, as a result of a staph infection in his heart valve.

Both Staph and Strep do tend to attack heart valves. I wish your brother well. I've read your past posts in which you have said that you live in Florida to take care of your father and brother, and wish you the best of luck.

this is awesome.

this is pure karma. god and the universe have seen that he plays dirty, and have punished him with the ironic dirty knee. harrison will get a 2 hole pollup and have burst bleeding him to death on a transcontinental flight.

try reading next time...this thread is about Brady not Harrison..althouigh i agree about Harrison

So, it isn't of epidemic proportions, yet. If it was, it would be an epidemic. That's kind of how it works. No?

I used the word epidemic in my origional post to convey the severity of the problem, which the poster I replied to tried to down play & dismiss. NO it is not an epidemic........... YET. Talk to any Doctor you respect & I'm sure he will tell you he is very concerned about it becoming an epidemic SOON if something is not done ASAP. While it is not epidemic yet, it is prevalent which is bad enough.

Both Staph and Strep do tend to attack heart valves. I wish your brother well. I've read your past posts in which you have said that you live in Florida to take care of your father and brother, and wish you the best of luck.

Thanks. That is no longer an issue with my Bro. It was many years ago, in a Louisiana hospital (God forbid). He was in the hospital for quite a while and very sick, but I wasn't informed until it was very dangerous. I described the symptoms to one of my best friends (a DO in Buffalo). His immediate reaction was "Well, they need to check for Endocarditis ASAP. He could die." Sure enough, that was it. But, that is no longer an issue.

My bro is 59 and has end-stage renal failure (dialysis 3 days a week and needs a transplant...it won't happen), cirrhosis of the liver, hepatitis (forget which one), some strange calcium deposits all over his body in huge painful lumps, and a bunch of other stuff, like arthritis and some sort of split in his vertebrae/neck. I guess being a professional musician (guitar, singer, etc) his entire life (from when he was a teen) had its ups and downs.

Thanks. That is no longer an issue with my Bro. It was many years ago, in a Louisiana hospital (God forbid). He was in the hospital for quite a while and very sick, but I wasn't informed until it was very dangerous. I described the symptoms to one of my best friends (a DO in Buffalo). His immediate reaction was "Well, they need to check for Endocarditis ASAP. He could die." Sure enough, that was it. But, that is no longer an issue.

My bro is 59 and has end-stage renal failure (dialysis 3 days a week and needs a transplant...it won't happen), cirrhosis of the liver, hepatitis (forget which one), some strange calcium deposits all over his body in huge painful lumps, and a bunch of other stuff, like arthritis and some sort of split in his vertebrae/neck. I guess being a professional musician (guitar, singer, etc) his entire life (from when he was a teen) had its ups and downs.

Ooogh, Dean! Reading this, I'm oddly feeling good about myself, in a warped way. You and yours will please accept the best wishes of those of us who have miraculously reached our 50s. Let's hope we're still writing in our 60s.

Enough of the Maudlinesque prose. To the point of the thread, reading posts like this puts Brady's knee in perspective. I don't mean to be a boob, but it's hard for me to find a lot of sympathy for the guy down there in the depths of my soul. Kraft et al will have to get on with it - and it WON'T be Cassel.

Hope your brother is doing well. But just think about it. Makes you scared to go into and stay in a hospital.

Sure does. Hospitals are places to go to, in a necessity, and to get out of ASAP.

I'm very sorry to hear about your brother. Coping with Cancer myself, I know all too well, how life can deal us all a bad hand at any time. Hopefully the ups were greater than the downs in his life. For myself, some days I am VERY happy to be alive & other days not so much.

I'm very sorry to hear about your brother. Coping with Cancer myself, I know all too well, how life can deal us all a bad hand at any time. Hopefully the ups were greater than the downs in his life. For myself, some days I am VERY happy to be alive & other days not so much.

I think he feels the same. Still won't fill out a living will, though.

He had a good run and a LOT of fun. Me, too!

Certainly accept my condolences.

Thanks, but I'm still here. I have already outlived the original prognosis, so I'm playing with the houses money now. :lol:

:D

I feel that way, and I have no terminal illness. Good for you, man. I forgot to extend my best wishes for an extended, and relatively happy continuance of life. Let's hope you get to see the Bills take the whole thing, soon.

We're here for a while, and then we are gone. I'm sure you made your mark!

Go Bills!

Ooogh, Dean! Reading this, I'm oddly feeling good about myself, in a warped way. You and yours will please accept the best wishes of those of us who have miraculously reached our 50s. Let's hope we're still writing in our 60s.

Enough of the Maudlinesque prose. To the point of the thread, reading posts like this puts Brady's knee in perspective. I don't mean to be a boob, but it's hard for me to find a lot of sympathy for the guy down there in the depths of my soul. Kraft et al will have to get on with it - and it WON'T be Cassel.

I don't even like his cheese.