Status of 08 Draft

1st pick-- McKelvin: Finally played a bit at CB and got burnt twice for TD's.. Looks average at best on Kick returns. Certainly not a starter . No obvious improvement as we head to mid-point in the year.

2nd pick- Hardy: A couple of catches this year. No signs of improvement

3rd pick-- Ellis: He can't even play when Schoebel is hurt . The Bills chose to use McCargo who just failed his physical at Indy and was quickly returned. What does that say?

Yes, there rookies.. Yes for every Whittner, Ko Simpson, or Lynch , there is an Youboty who takes awhile.. But I'm just saying..

1st pick-- McKelvin: Finally played a bit at CB and got burnt twice for TD's.. Looks average at best on Kick returns. Certainly not a starter . No obvious improvement as we head to mid-point in the year.

3rd pick-- Ellis: He can't even play when Schoebel is hurt . The Bills chose to use McCargo who just failed his physical at Indy and was quickly returned. What does that say?

Yes, there rookies.. Yes for every Whittner, Ko Simpson, or Lynch , there is an Youboty who takes awhile.. But I'm just saying..

busterolney

busterolney

You really should not drink so early in the day!

busterramsey--isn't it nice to be where we are with little production from this year's rooks? Imagine how much better the team will be when they hit their stride.

One thought (ok, 2) regarding McCorner...on the second TD (IMO) it took a perfect throw/catch to beat him. I only saw one angle on replay, but he appeared to be in the receiver's hip pocket.

KO returns are another matter. He needs to quit kitty footing around and use his speed to get up the field. If a seam opens be there and hit it hard & fast. If not, get every yard you can. Too much BS for the NFL return game.

That's a good point. The Levy/Brandon/Jauron administration has been an obvious failure. Let's fire'em all, trade Edwards, and start over.

No, don't get me wrong, I couldn't be more pleased or optimistic. The FA's signed were outstanding .. However, shouldn't at least one rookie help.... come on.... just 1..

and yes , I was drinking in the morning.. At my age I have no teeth so I live on liquids.

No, don't get me wrong, I couldn't be more pleased or optimistic. The FA's signed were outstanding .. However, shouldn't at least one rookie help.... come on.... just 1..

and yes , I was drinking in the morning.. At my age I have no teeth so I live on liquids.

The drinking crack was aimed at Mr. Fancy Pants...that's why I quoted him. He's well known around these parts as a drunkard and a scalliwag.

I was very nice in responding to you since I haven't figured out what kind of freak you are yet. :rolleyes:

The drinking crack was aimed at Mr. Fancy Pants...that's why I quoted him. He's well known around these parts as a drunkard and a scalliwag.

I was very nice in responding to you since I haven't figured out what kind of freak you are yet. :rolleyes:

I'm just your below average, underachieving, boring Buffalonian who misses Gennie Cream..

-I wouldn't be to worried about Hardy yet..it usually takes a WR 2-3 years to adjust to the NFL

-McKelvin is getting some good and much needed playing time at CB while McGee is out..he'll have growing pains till he adjusts aswell...I say next season we really see what McKelvin can do at CB...as for his KR duties, hes getting pretty good yardage but he still needs to go more lights-out..he sputters around to much for my liking..I don't really see him running one in for a TD this season with the way he's going about it now.

-I'm not sure whats up with Ellis..they don't dress him on most games and when they do we don't see him play...if hes not good enough to play in a backup role at least they should just let him go...guess the only ones that really know whats going on is the Bills FO

As the team gets better, it becomes less likely that rookies will make an immediate impact. That rookies haven't had to contribute much, so far this year, is a GOOD thing.

Now, is this batch as good as the last batch? Only time will tell. They all can't be outstanding drafts, but I wouldn't count this class out, yet.

But, from what I saw, Hardy was really asked to contribute, in a meaningful way, once...and he caught a game winning TD pass. And, while Leodis hasn't been the ST standout we expected, so far, he played fairly well, I thought, for his FIRST NFL start at CB (with a depleted defensive backfield), and contributed to a great defensive effort that, also, resulted in a win. I came away from the last game feeling pretty good about McKelvin's future as a CB for this team.

OMG McKelvin and Hardy can barely play and have shown no improvements wow a total bust this FO can't draft this is so sad maybe we can trade them omg.

STUPID THREAD.

He wants 3 years results in 3 months of work, not reality.

i dont about anyone else....but were 5-1 and yes its a team game...not going to say he won the game by himself....but who else would have caught that td pass in jacksonville??? not to mention he did it against one of the best corners in the league...i really want to see chris ellis and steve johnson get some playing time.....mckelvin will only get better as he plays but i do think terrance should take back the kick returning job when healthy because i noticed at the game sunday mckelvin seems to run right into the defenders and this is a big part of our game......

As the team gets better, it becomes less likely that rookies will make an immediate impact. That rookies haven't had to contribute much, so far this year, is a GOOD thing.

Now, is this batch as good as the last batch? Only time will tell. They all can't be outstanding drafts, but I wouldn't count this class out, yet.

But, from what I saw, Hardy was really asked to contribute, in a meaningful way, once...and he caught a game winning TD pass. And, while Leodis hasn't been the ST standout we expected, so far, he played fairly well, I thought, for his FIRST NFL start at CB (with a depleted defensive backfield), and contributed to a great defensive effort that, also, resulted in a win. I came away from the last game feeling pretty good about McKelvin's future as a CB for this team.

yeah i like mckelvin..he got burned a few times but he was at least right near the ball