To be negative.......

AnthonyF

And let's not forget, Anthony was arguing that some of the talk about TE being one of the best QBs in the league may be a bit premature when he hasn't been asked to win a game by throwing for 350 yards and 3 TDs.

We're really good, but we have flaws, just like any other team.

And let's not forget, Anthony was arguing that some of the talk about TE being one of the best QBs in the league may be a bit premature when he hasn't been asked to win a game by throwing for 350 yards and 3 TDs.

You don't need to throw for 350 yards and 3TDs to win a game.....TE was asked to bring the team back from double digit 4th qtr deficits and he just did that in multiple games to win those games....

If at all anything this team has been exposed is that they need a better RUNNING game and if Edwards goes down this team will too.

You don't need to throw for 350 yards and 3TDs to win a game.....TE was asked to bring the team back from double digit 4th qtr deficits and he just did that in multiple games to win those games....

If at all anything this team has been exposed is that they need a better RUNNING game and if Edwards goes down this team will too.

Sigh...Fine. TE will never have to throw for 350 and 3 to lead the Bills to a win. I think you're being a little too over-protective of the "no negativity" mantra this board has taken to.

Look, I can't wait to see how good TE gets. I'm as giddy as anyone else here. Just don't kill a guy for wanting to see a little more from a guy before all the superlatives come out.

Want to see more points..... San Diego's defense is not good. We did a good job of ball control and this was the first game in a while where San Diego turned over the ball, so kudos to the defense.

Listening to Schopp and the Bulldog go on about TE is just way over the top. I too am very excited about him, but can I ask for 300 yards passing and 30 offensive points? Why is it considered such a big deal to score 30 points on offense.

Before you jump on me, check Miami's and Chad Pennington's #'s vs. SD two weeks ago..... 22/29 228 yards and 167 yards rushing and almost 37 minutes TOP almost identical to yesterday. I expect we consider TE better then Chad.

I am thrilled about the team, but not ready to have them deep in the playoffs yet, though I certainly think we can play against and beat Tennessee (easily as their offense is just not good) and Pittsburgh (if we can contain Rothliesburg).....

The Bills played a very, very solid game in almost every respect. The run blocking still needs to improve, but other than that, this team has heart, talent and seems to play relatively mistake-free with TE at the helm. The glass is 1/2 full.

Want to see more points..... San Diego's defense is not good. We did a good job of ball control and this was the first game in a while where San Diego turned over the ball, so kudos to the defense.

Listening to Schopp and the Bulldog go on about TE is just way over the top. I too am very excited about him, but can I ask for 300 yards passing and 30 offensive points? Why is it considered such a big deal to score 30 points on offense.

Before you jump on me, check Miami's and Chad Pennington's #'s vs. SD two weeks ago..... 22/29 228 yards and 167 yards rushing and almost 37 minutes TOP almost identical to yesterday. I expect we consider TE better then Chad.

I am thrilled about the team, but not ready to have them deep in the playoffs yet, though I certainly think we can play against and beat Tennessee (easily as their offense is just not good) and Pittsburgh (if we can contain Rothliesburg).....

You're watching Dick Jauron football and yesterday's win was a perfect example of his recipe.

Run the ball effectively, throw short high percentage passes, control the clock, win the turnover battle and capitalize on late mistakes by the opponent. Win the game at the end. That's his way. It's not always exciting, but it's working so far this season.

We $uck :lol:

Most times when a QB throws for 350+ yards, their team loses.

AnthonyF-- As for the 30 points, if it's any consolation, the Bills probably could have score 34 yesterday by: (i) not working the clock on the last FG and instead throwing the ball, going for a TD (+4); and (ii) not kneeling on the ball when inside the 10 yard line at the end of the game (+7),

I'm not one to anoint TE as the next Jim Kelly, but I prefer to look at his efficiency this season when judging offensive effectiveness- 25 for 30, a 114 passer rating this game and in the top 5 for the season, NO INTERCEPTIONS this week (unlike Rivers' 3 pics, one a very bad one at the Bills' 9), only 2 pics total for the season, and a good field general with a good command of the offense.

An intangible- I think someone from San Diego said that they were getting frustrated by TE as he kept completing throw after throw. That's pretty demoralizing and I credit TE and some great hands by Evans and others for that.

He is in his second year and if you look at his numbers on a game by game basis he is trending somewhat up (he had a great game at Jacksonville and, of course, was in la la land at Arizona). He is improving as opposed to being flat or regressing. That's pretty impressive if you look at it from a realistic view. It's ok to be a little negative and wanting more, but as for me, I am satisfied with the way he has played thus far.

On the other hand, the part of the game I would like to see improved is rushing yardage.

Passing yards? Are you f'ing kidding me? How about running yards? Edwards did pretty freaking good considering he got no support on the ground. If you want 30+ scores you need 100+ yards running and 200+ passing and the rest will take care of itself. When you lack 100+ games on the ground your team will suffer, especially later in the year.

Do you honestly think Edwards first half would have so few points if we had a running game? Replace your emphasis from passing (which is doing great) and rushing and you figured it out.

I'm not one to anoint TE as the next Jim Kelly, but I prefer to look at his efficiency this season when judging offensive effectiveness- 25 for 30, a 114 passer rating this game and in the top 5 for the season, NO INTERCEPTIONS this week (unlike Rivers' 3 pics, one a very bad one at the Bills' 9), only 2 pics total for the season, and a good field general with a good command of the offense.

An intangible- I think someone from San Diego said that they were getting frustrated by TE as he kept completing throw after throw. That's pretty demoralizing and I credit TE and some great hands by Evans and others for that.

He is in his second year and if you look at his numbers on a game by game basis he is trending somewhat up (he had a great game at Jacksonville and, of course, was in la la land at Arizona). He is improving as opposed to being flat or regressing. That's pretty impressive if you look at it from a realistic view. It's ok to be a little negative and wanting more, but as for me, I am satisfied with the way he has played thus far.

On the other hand, the part of the game I would like to see improved is rushing yardage.

That was the first bad game by Rivers in weeks. One terrible int and two fumbles. Before the int he was pass for pass with Edwards and doing it on the road with their best receiver Chambers out.

Now revisionist history notwithstanding.... He was terrible for a quarter and a half vs. Seattle, played great fourth quarters vs. Jax & Oakland and was okay vs. St. Louis. This is not a knock against him (could be play calling, lack of consistent running game, blocking....). I just want to see that 300+ yard game that every decent qb has and lots of points.... Call me selfish..... Want to see it is in him and the team.

i guess the bills are being graded on with style points.it doesn't matter who you beat or how you beat them as long as you win. within the rules of coarse.trent edwards is playing very good football.schop and bulldog should be excited about the qb as we all are. sure they need to improve just like every other team. GO BILLS