Unsung Hero~~ Rian Lindell

theesir

That 44 yard kick with 3 minutes left was huge. Giving SD the ball back with 3 minutes only down by 6 could have made that a different game.

Over the past 3 years Lindell has been clutch. He's kicking at over 86% and is perfect over the past 3 years inside 40.

Is there anyone else on this team that has been playing such a huge role that gets so little attention?

after a few rough years at the beginning, he's been nothing but mr. clutch for us making kicks.

i can only remember 2 kicks of consequence that he's missed the past few years... against indy a few years back, and against pittsburgh that one year we lost to their 3rd stringers. :lol:

after a few rough years at the beginning, he's been nothing but mr. clutch for us making kicks.

i can only remember 2 kicks of consequence that he's missed the past few years... against indy a few years back, and against pittsburgh that one year we lost to their 3rd stringers. :lol:

Their 3rd stringers, like Pro Bowl HB Willie Parker and their first string OL?

yeah, the pro bowl hb willie parker who back then was buried on the bench collecting splinters in his ass, along with james harrison.

He's money inside the 40. He's calm and cool and has mastered the Buffalo weather. He botched the 52-yarder, but he had enough leg on it, so I wasn't too bummed about it because of just how good and consistent he is inside the 40.

It's great to have a reliable kicker like that. Having a shakey and inconsistent kicker is so stressful and worrisome.

Don't forget Harrison, who caused a fumble returned for TD in that game...

To be fair, on that day both Willie Parker and Harrison were 3rd stringers for the Steelers...They even played their 3rd string QB St. Pierre for the entire 4th quarter who even ran the ball on a 4th and 5 to take the Bills out of the game....I don't have any problems in calling out that loss to the Steelers 3rd Stringers....

His first few years weren't rough. Look at his %s.One missed FG vs Pittsburgh and fools were blaming him for a loss where we couldnt stop them at all.

i can only remember 2 kicks of consequence that he's missed the past few years... against indy a few years back, and against pittsburgh that one year we lost to their 3rd stringers. :wallbash:

I was leading the charge for Lindell to be cut when he missed that FG against the Steelers.

Boy was I wrong. Lindell has been a great Kicker for us. He would have gone to the Pro Bowl had the Titans kicker not broke the FG's in a single game record.