A real poll about DB

KurtGodel77

How long should we stick with Bledsoe?  

141 members have voted

1. 1. How long should we stick with Bledsoe?

• We should bench him immediately, and start Matthews
    • We should bench him once Losman is healthy
    • We should play him through this year, then let Losman start next year
    • Bledsoe should be our starter for two years or more

The thing I like about Losman is that he is used to playing behind a lousy offensive line. He has learned to make plays even so. But watching Carson Palmer struggle in Cinncinnatti is making me a little nervous about throwing Losman to the wolves.

83284[/snapback]

Yes, but Drew is beyond making us nervous. . . he makes us lose, which, makes us sick.

The thing I like about Losman is that he is used to playing behind a lousy offensive line. He has learned to make plays even so. But watching Carson Palmer struggle in Cinncinnatti is making me a little nervous about throwing Losman to the wolves.

83284[/snapback]

Actually.....Palmer sat for a year behind another QB didn't he? It should serve as a good for instance on why NOT to let a 1st round rookie QB sit and watch

THey need the reps

Only if we could bench the entire line as well!  Until you include that option, I won't vote.

83285[/snapback]

I'm not saying that benching Drew would fix every problem on this team. I'm not even saying that the QB spot is the weakest link on this team--that's a question for a different pole? All I'm asking is which QB would give our team its best chance to win.

In your own words, "I hate to break this to you, but there is a right way and a wrong way to design a survey."

Your choices should be "yes" or "no," especially given your scolding of todd on the verbiage of his poll. :blink:

bledsoe is all done!maybe if he was on a team with an elite runningback and an entire all pro line he could be allright.hey he is a nice guy but his play on the field leaves much to be desired.i am officially on the start jp bandwagon.i have 3 bledsoe t's away/home and then t's i will never wear one again.i am done with drew.give em' away for a 5th round pick or cut him outright!go bills in'05

In your own words, "I hate to break this to you, but there is a right way and a wrong way to design a survey."

Your choices should be "yes" or "no," especially given your scolding of todd on the verbiage of his poll.  :blink:

83324[/snapback]

The problem I had with Todd's poll is that it forced people to either say, "benching Bledsoe will solve all our problems," or "we should keep Bledsoe on the field." Most fans don't believe that either option is right.

I don't really see how the yes/no question you suggest would do a better job of letting fans express their opinions than the poll I designed.

The problem I had with Todd's poll is that it forced people to either say, "benching Bledsoe will solve all our problems," or "we should keep Bledsoe on the field." Most fans don't believe that either option is right.

I don't really see how the yes/no question you suggest would do a better job of letting fans express their opinions than the poll I designed.

83344[/snapback]

Your question is, "Should Bledsoe be benched?"

A yes or no answer would be the most direct answer to your query. The problem with your choices are that they expect people to know the future. Your question is posed in the present, and therefore should have an answer relative to today, to now, not the rest of the season, not next season.

Given your scolding of todd, I'd expect better.

Your question is, "Should Bledsoe be benched?"

A yes or no answer would be the most direct answer to your query.  The problem with your choices are that they expect people to know the future.  Your question is posed in the present, and therefore should have an answer relative to today, to now, not the rest of the season, not next season.

Given your scolding of todd, I'd expect better.

83361[/snapback]

Dude, it's just a topic title. I didn't have the room to write a title like, "should Bledsoe be benched immediately, when Losman returns, when Losman enters his second year, or not at all?"

The problem with Todd's title was that it referred to people as "morons" for taking a certain position. Mine didn't. Case closed.

83401[/snapback]

Only busting your chops. But it ain't closed til I say it's closed :blink::)

Our offensive line is bad ,real bad.Looking at other teams I see no real standout offensive lines ,some good ones but none outstanding. What happened to offensive lines , simple all the big fast players are players are playing defense. Forget the offenseve line coming straight up on a big fast defense, here and soon on all teams .And what is the cure you say? Well my suggestion would be get innovative .For instance most qb handoffs today wouldnt fool your blind gramma.As a matter of fact use a defensive lineman on the offensive line and beat them at their own game .There are many more innovations and the coaches must address them. Oh and did I mention a qb that can get out of his own way when rushed.

You could put Tom Brady behind that so-called O-line and he's suck. He'd probably do better than Blew Dreadslow, but not good enough.

Those guys looked like sleepwalkers today. Mularkey needs to kick some ass in that locker room. Scrap the stupid penalties and play up their ability - may still not be a playoff team but they are WAY better than 1-5 and it is NOT all on Bledsoe.