Week 8

Mark Vader

Wow, so much for BYU's chances at ruining the BCS. Now the BCS commitee is hoping that BYU beats Utah.

As for the rest of Week 8 what does everyone think about the big games? I know that my Wolverines will get taken to the woodshed by JoePa & Company, so I wo'nt even bring that game up. But here is what we have to look forward too.

Texas Vs. Missouri: Can the Longhorns avoid the letdown after their big upset last week, or will the Tigers rebound and play spoiler themselves?

Michigan State Vs. Ohio State: Winner will have an inside track in the Big 10 race with Penn State.

Oklahoma Vs. Kansas: Sooners are at home and will be looking for redemption. The Jayhawks also need to show that they are serious contenders. Can the Sooners be upset in back-to-back weeks?

Georgia Vs. Vanderbilt: If the Commodores want to prove they are no fluke this is the place to do it, but the Dawgs may be too much.

Alabama Vs. Mississippi: Crimson Tide, back after a week off, will have to be cautious of Ole Miss. After all the Rebels did win in Gainesville, can they do the same in Tuscaloosa?

Wow, so much for BYU's chances at ruining the BCS. Now the BCS commitee is hoping that BYU beats Utah.

As for the rest of Week 8 what does everyone think about the big games? I know that my Wolverines will get taken to the woodshed by JoePa & Company, so I wo'nt even bring that game up. But here is what we have to look forward too.

Texas Vs. Missouri: Can the Longhorns avoid the letdown after their big upset last week, or will the Tigers rebound and play spoiler themselves?

Michigan State Vs. Ohio State: Winner will have an inside track in the Big 10 race with Penn State.

Oklahoma Vs. Kansas: Sooners are at home and will be looking for redemption. The Jayhawks also need to show that they are serious contenders. Can the Sooners be upset in back-to-back weeks?

Georgia Vs. Vanderbilt: If the Commodores want to prove they are no fluke this is the place to do it, but the Dawgs may be too much.

Alabama Vs. Mississippi: Crimson Tide, back after a week off, will have to be cautious of Ole Miss. After all the Rebels did win in Gainesville, can they do the same in Tuscaloosa?

I'm on my way up to Buffalo for the UB-Army game and tomorrow's Bills-Chargers game. Man, do I love football season!

Don't be so sure 'bout PENN STATE beating your Wolves. I'll believe it when I see it, as they've lost 9 straight to Michigan. I sure hope w/ this year's team that they will win, but I'm not counting it 'til it's over and they've scored more points. The Michigan State-TOSU game is also one to keep track of. Both teams are upcoming on PENN STATE's schedule, and they will be tough games. This 3 game stretch coming up, Michigan, @ TOSU, @ Iowa, really concerns me. Those teams have been the biggest thorns in PENN STATE's side in terms of Big 11 play in recent years.

No mention of Mississippi State-Tennessee? I know they're not dominant programs, but I really like how hard the Bulldogs play for Sly Croom. They give teams fits (see Vanderbilt), and are entertaining to watch. Sometimes you get to see great games 'tween not so highly ranked teams. Case in point: the East Carolina-NC State game earlier this year was the best college game I've seen this season.

Good post, MV. Everyone enjoy Week 8! I'm outta here.

As much as I'd love to see the Wolverines upset Penn St.,I just don't see it happening. But it is a conference game and strange things happen sometimes (Ore.St. vs USC). It'on tv in my area,so I'll put on my lucky hat and be watching. As far as some of the other games, I see Texas,OSU,Oklahoma,Georgia and Alabama winning. But look,I've just picked all the favorites,and there's bound to be at least 1 upset here. So why not Michigan? GO BLUE!!!!

You may yet get your wish, Tigre, because this is beginning to look suspiciously like the last nine meetings. The coach of the high school team I cover talked about getting his kids to stop "fearing purple," the color worn by the rival they played today. I'm beginning to wonder if the Penn State players have a similar phobia about winged helmets.

But, it's early yet. We'll see.

You Penn State fans ... yeesh. No confidence in your team going into the game vs Michigan. How do you feel now?

Congrats on the W against Mich. Now, stroll into the Shoe, drop 50+, 40+, 30+, 20+, heck, just win and make my prediction true.

You Penn State fans ... yeesh. No confidence in your team going into the game vs Michigan. How do you feel now?

Congrats on the W against Mich. Now, stroll into the Shoe, drop 50+, 40+, 30+, 20+, heck, just win and make my prediction true.

I said this before the start of the season, Michigan was going to stink this year. The real test for Penn St comes next week in the shoe. Next week is a great week for college football. OSU/PSU, Texas/Okl St, Georgia/LSU. Well, got to get ready to go to the bills game. See you later boys/Lori.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.