NFL Spring games a possibility?

Beerball

Hey NFL, instead of risking your star players to injury in meaningless spring games, why don't you field your own spring teams made up of Arena League and CFL players? Call it NFL-D League or NFL-Spring. Charge $20 a ticket and I'll bet people will come out. Heck, the NFL Network needs something to show in the spring other than reruns of games.

Will Buffalo fans support a spring Bills? Like Buffalo fans would pass up a tailgate in the spring.

PTR

Hey NFL, instead of risking your star players to injury in meaningless spring games, why don't you field your own spring teams made up of Arena League and CFL players? Call it NFL-D League or NFL-Spring. Charge $20 a ticket and I'll bet people will come out. Heck, the NFL Network needs something to show in the spring other than reruns of games.

PTR

Now THATS and idea. I like it.

Will Buffalo fans support a spring Bills? Like Buffalo fans would pass up a tailgate in the spring.

PTR

exactly.

What about 10-12 teams playing from mid feb till the end of june based in non nfl towns with all NCAA players available for the draft + players without NFL contracts (from the CFL, Arena....) and you make the draft the week end after the Final?!!

I'm sure they'd have huge ratings with that!

Ok you gonna say players drafted end of june after a full season of college ball and d-league ball 'd not be ready or too tired for the NFL season... but i'm sure they can find a way to make this doable (like no rookies in the NFL before Game 8 or something like that...)

exactly.

What about 10-12 teams playing from mid feb till the end of june based in non nfl towns with all NCAA players available for the draft + players without NFL contracts (from the CFL, Arena....) and you make the draft the week end after the Final?!!

I'm sure they'd have huge ratings with that!

Ok you gonna say players drafted end of june after a full season of college ball and d-league ball 'd not be ready or too tired for the NFL season... but i'm sure they can find a way to make this doable (like no rookies in the NFL before Game 8 or something like that...)

I doubt you'd see any college players who know they're going to be drafted in the first few rounds. Why would they risk injury and a multi-million dollar contract?

I doubt you'd see any college players who know they're going to be drafted in the first few rounds. Why would they risk injury and a multi-million dollar contract?

Ok that's maybe 50 players who are gonna sit and wait for the draft (but risk to go down in the draft) but what about the hundreds of hungry ones hoping to get drafted higher than planned or just be drafted ?

Setting all the good points made above, and one really good Jason Peters fat joke aside, this topic begs this question to be asked:

Really, don't you think the NFL money pig has had enough? They will get to a point when people will, in fact get bored with the NFL from overexposure. Prime example you say? NBA.

I guess this NFL machine doesn't know the meaning of too much money.

Setting all the good points made above, and one really good Jason Peters fat joke aside, this topic begs this question to be asked:

Really, don't you think the NFL money pig has had enough? They will get to a point when people will, in fact get bored with the NFL from overexposure. Prime example you say? NBA.

I guess this NFL machine doesn't know the meaning of too much money.

while i think a "minor league" can be a good idea, i think their plan to play more than 16 regular season games is totally stupid. In today's NFL each game is important, each game is an event, and adding new games 'd just dilute the interest.

Setting all the good points made above, and one really good Jason Peters fat joke aside

It really wasn't all that funny. Clever maybe, but not funny. Frankly I'm surprised that The Senator would lower himself to such shenanigans; he is usually a very staid individual.

It really wasn't all that funny. Clever maybe, but not funny. Frankly I'm surprised that The Senator would lower himself to such shenanigans; he is usually a very staid individual.

Good observation, still on point with his conditioning, and I did use the phrase "really good" but you're right, I didn't fall on the floor in hysterics, but I am still smiling about it, as long as his obvious lack of conditioning doesn't get TE killed.

while i think a "minor league" can be a good idea, i think their plan to play more than 16 regular season games is totally stupid. In today's NFL each game is important, each game is an event, and adding new games 'd just dilute the interest.

The NFL already has a minor league. It's called the NCAA. What's even better about it is that the players play for free.

Staid? I'll tell you who shoulda staid - FatBoy. PayMe Peters shoulda staid.

DumbAss shoulda shown up for the Spring OTAs and staid thru training camp & preseason. If he'd staid, maybe he'd play better and have that fat new contract he wanted so bad.

On another topic, didn't the NFL already have a 'Spring league' thing with NFL Europa? Wasn't Hamdan the top QB or something like that?

Staid? I'll tell you who shoulda staid - FatBoy. PayMe Peters shoulda staid.

DumbAss shoulda shown up for the Spring OTAs and staid thru training camp & preseason. If he'd staid, maybe he'd play better and have that fat new contract he wanted so bad.

:lol: see, now that's funny

unless

I'll tell you who shoulda staid - FatBoy

you wasn't referring to me in those unflattering terms was you? :lol:

you wasn't referring to me in those unflattering terms was you? :lol:

Gosh no, BeerSphere - you know I'd never do that! :lol:

Some posters have different ways of referring to Jason, such as "the bestest-OT-ever-to-step-on-the-gridiron" or "most-important-player-on-the-team-whom-we-can't-possibly-win-any-games-without" - "FatBoy" is just one of my pejoratives for the portly 'PayMe' Peters! B-)

GO BILLSSS!!!!

18 and 1 baby!!!!! :lol: