Ko Simpson has been dissapointing?

ACor58

Oct 11, 2008 03:39 PM CDT

Simpson disappointing

The News

Buffalo free safety Ko Simpson has not been playing well for the team, but there is no suitable backup, so the Bills are hoping he improves, according to Pro Football Weekly.

Our View

Next on the depth chart is George Wilson, but apparently the team is not enamored with him, either. Simpson has 20 tackles on the season.

I hadn't really thought about it, but he does seem to take poor angles.

The only way I wouldn't absolutely flip out if the Bills drafted a DB in the 1st round would be if William Moore fell to their pick. Whitner and Moore would be interchangable and a devestating combo. Simpson is just a guy you can get by with, not a difference maker like Moore would be. Don't worry though, I would prefer a DE, DT, C, or TE first and foremost.

The only way I wouldn't absolutely flip out if the Bills drafted a DB in the 1st round would be if William Moore fell to their pick. Whitner and Moore would be interchangable and a devestating combo. Simpson is just a guy you can get by with, not a difference maker like Moore would be. Don't worry though, I would prefer a DE, DT, C, or TE first and foremost.

I disagree. Every member of the Bills secondary, including the nickel back, should be a first round, if not a top 10 pick.

On a serious note, I forgot to throw in LB as an early option if the right player is around.

Let Stroud miss a few games and the need for another DT will become glaring. Even if he stays healthy, nobody else really pushes back the pocket. Fowler will be a ufa. Maybe another team will offer him fifty cents and we will be rid of him, and we also need another guard.

Alas, we will see what happens.

Agreed. I listed DE, DT, C, TE, and LB, but yeah, I'm all for another guard as well. I'm not a Butler fan as most already know. IMO, Dockery has been slightly dissapointing as well, but that's mainly because of his salary.

Agreed, agreed.

Please Bills Hydra GM, draft an O-lineman day 1.

My men, it looks like we are going to need to play against brady in the future and farve until he is 64. It is actually my opinion that defensive backs should continue to be our top priority. Mind you, I was not impressed with the Mckelvin pick, but he is as raw as Youboty was, and Ashton has really come a long way.

Acor has a good point. For some reason free safety seems to be more expendable than strong or cornerback. If we all send Bob Sanders love letters, will he come to buffalo? I know his mom, and I'll work on it guys.

I hadn't really thought about it, but he does seem to take poor angles.

I would disagree. KO is disappointing from a Fantasy Football standpoint; hence, that site may not like his play. However, from a Real Football standpoint, I would suggest he's a pretty solid player. Yes, he does make a few mistakes and take a bad angle at times. However, much like Poz, remember KO is still young and learning the defense so mistakes will happen. This is only his second year of playing time. So, he's still got plenty more upside than downside.

I would disagree. KO is disappointing from a Fantasy Football standpoint; hence, that site may not like his play. However, from a Real Football standpoint, I would suggest he's a pretty solid player. Yes, he does make a few mistakes and take a bad angle at times. However, much like Poz, remember KO is still young and learning the defense so mistakes will happen. This is only his second year of playing time. So, he's still got plenty more upside than downside.

Bingo!

I expected Ko to be a little further developed, this year, after his very good first year. But, I'm not overly disappointed. He is WAY better than George Wilson, and most people here seem to really like George. (I admit his story is good, and he has a big heart for the game,)

Ko has been good, but not great. I'm in the group that expected a lot out of him, given his SEC pedigree. But he's still settling into the starting role. I'm willing to be patient with him. More importantly, he hasn't made any glaring mistakes.

Well, I can think of one. He took a terrible angle on Higgens' long TD in the Raider game.

But, I'm with you. I think Ko will be a good, solid Safety in this league.

Well, I can think of one. He took a terrible angle on Higgens' long TD in the Raider game.

But, I'm with you. I think Ko will be a good, solid Safety in this league.

Hey now. You can't put that TD on just Ko. That pass was a slant, caught right in front of a linebacker, the receiver then split our two safeties. That gaff was team screw-up.

Hey now. You can't put that TD on just Ko. That pass was a slant, caught right in front of a linebacker, the receiver then split our two safeties. That gaff was team screw-up.

Oh, I'm not blaming the entire thing on Ko, no way. There is plenty of blame to go around, on that one. But, that surely isn't one of Ko's finer moments.