Takeo Spikes

Mark Vader

Glad to hear he's doing good. I still have his jersey. Loved the guy. Too bad that achilles injury killed his career. Yeah, he still made tackles in Philly, but he lost his explosiveness and overall playmaking ability.

Before he got hurt, he was the best OLB in football. Just a dominant, well-rounded football player.

Yeah, I've still got his jersey too. You never know with Achilles injuries. Maybe he CAN become the old Takeo. I hope so.

The one thing that bugged me about him was how he got his injury. He was at risk and he knew it. His choice was to take the rest of the season off or to keep playing. He kept playing and got hurt. I just don't think that was a smart decision. Achilles injuries aren't like ACLs. Achilles injuries can be career destroyers. Why didn't he take the season off? Why?

Still love the guy, though. Hope he comes all the way back. Maybe he has.

We play the niners later this year at their place, I believer. I wonder if he has that game circled...............

Hmmm. Guess this ticket for the Nov. 30 game at the Ralph is a misprint, then.

:thumbsup:

I always hoped for the best for him, and given our thin LB corps right now I'd welcome him back today. I always wished we had won more games while he was here, he was stuck in cincinnatti for sooooo long, I really felt for the guy.

The first thing that came to my mind when Angelo Crowell got place on IR, was "Let's sign Takeo Spikes back. I think it would have been a better move production wise, for him to replace Ellison. Or, to have Mitchell move to LOLB and have Spikes go into the ROLB spot.

One can dream.

They got a nice tandem in Willis and Takeo. Not to mention Haralson and the other young guy they got.