Troubling

generaLee83

i haven't seen any of ellis on defense - that is the problem.....it's time to see what we got........i do know he can't be any worse then bryan

But the coaches HAVE seen him. So, while I agree with you (and most others here), there may be a reason he hasn't seen the field.

But the coaches HAVE seen him. So, while I agree with you (and most others here), there may be a reason he hasn't seen the field.

coaches also saw greer for years before giving him his chance.......you can put jackson and youboty in that group as well

coaches don't always make the correct decisions

it would be different if bryan was performing at even an average level, but he has been one of the worst players on the field in my eyes.........i just don't buy that ellis could be worse, not for a second

coaches also saw greer for years before giving him his chance.......you can put jackson and youboty in that group as well

it would be different if bryan was performing at even an average level, but he has been one of the worst players on the field in my eyes.........i just don't buy that ellis could be worse, not for a second

Like I said, I agree. But, Greer looked great in preseason (and in preseason the year prior to last). Did Ellis look good in preseason, I don't remember. Maybe the guy can't remember the plays, and is always out of position. Maybe he has a nagging injury that they are hiding. Maybe he sleeps during team meetings, and they don't trust him.

My point is, he should play because he can't be worse than what we have, is tragically flawed. There may be a reason he isn't playing. If it is simply fear of starting a rookie, then I agree, let's see the guy. But, neither you, nor I, know WHY he isn't playing. I think it matters, apparently, you don't.

Just to take the opposing view. Maybe the coaches waited until the players were ready.

He's a rookie. Think back to the rookie seasons of fellow 3rd rounder Ashton Youboty, and former 1st rounders John Fina, Henry Jones & Eric Moulds (drafted when the team was always a playoff contender). When a team is pretty good, rookies sit. Have patience, during the Marv years he always preferred the "rookies" to be 2nd year players.

Back then a team had more time to groom players in the age of FA a 3rd rounder should be starting or contributing heavily by his second year, IMO. Ellis should at least be a part of the rotation. He's been a disappointment so far. He may have an injury we don't know about.

We're not very good at getting after the QB though...why not get him some reps to see what the kid can do?

The coaches know what they are doing. I think the most talented guys are out there playing. If he was showing almost anything he'd at least be part of the rotation.

Like I said, I agree. But, Greer looked great in preseason (and in preseason the year prior to last). Did Ellis look good in preseason, I don't remember. Maybe the guy can't remember the plays, and is always out of position. Maybe he has a nagging injury that they are hiding. Maybe he sleeps during team meetings, and they don't trust him.

My point is, he should play because he can't be worse than what we have, is tragically flawed. There may be a reason he isn't playing. If it is simply fear of starting a rookie, then I agree, let's see the guy. But, neither you, nor I, know WHY he isn't playing. I think it matters, apparently, you don't.

the fact that greer looked good in preseason doesn't have anything to do with the convo - the bottom line is he was the best option to have on the field and the coaching staff made a mistake by not recognizing that........there are other examples, and they all demonstrate that they can make mistakes on roster decisions (just like any coaching staff), and i stand by the position they are making one here by not getting ellis on the field........how can i be so certain? because he can't possibly be worse then bryan......you might think that is flawed logic, but i've seen enough of bryan to know that ellis can't be worse

and it's also safe to say this has nothing to do with an injury - if it was he'd be listed on the injury report, unless the bills are turning into the pats lite and circumventing those rules

special teams be damned - bryan has got plenty of snaps on defense and looked horrible.....he has no instinct and constantly runs straight up field, taking himself out of the play........given his upside, we need to see what ellis can do and i'm sure at this point of the year he can adequately handle bryan's special team role

and by the way the play that sticks out in my mind regarding bryan on special teams was a holding penalty that pinned the bills on their own 1 yard line at a crucial moment of the raider game

Kinda what I'm thinking... has Bryan done anything on special teams to make anyone say that any scrub couldn't replace him? We know he's absolutely got no game on defense.

You should be happy that we have a team good enough that it can sit its rookies, groom them and bring them along slowly. The fact that McKelvin, Hardy and Ellis are riding the pine most of the time is a good thing.

Teams that thrust wide-eyed rookies into starting roles are usually rebuilding and lose games.

i disagree...I'm a little worried about the 1st draft class of the russ brandon era, where not one guy is contributing to the starting lineup.

i haven't seen any of ellis on defense - that is the problem.....it's time to see what we got........i do know he can't be any worse then bryan

Without seeing him you can not "know" anymore than loud mouths on WGR.

Are you claiming you are as big as idiots as they are?