With Oklahoma, Missouri & LSU losing today the Top 5 will be...

Mark Vader

1. Alabama

2. Texas

3. Penn State

4. Texas Tech

5. USC

The CBS commentators of tonight's Florida-LSU game mentioned the potential top 3 makes it sound like the 1960's again.

It did'nt take long for USC to get back in the picture again. :)

Please pollsters, have BYU leapfrog USC!!! Maybe the pollsters will be merciful to Oklahoma and only drop the Sooners to 5.

1. Alabama

2. Texas

3. Penn State

4. Texas Tech

5. USC

The CBS commentators of tonight's Florida-LSU game mentioned the potential top 3 makes it sound like the 1960's again.

It did'nt take long for USC to get back in the picture again. :)

Please pollsters, have BYU leapfrog USC!!! Maybe the pollsters will be merciful to Oklahoma and only drop the Sooners to 5.

Actually, I would not be surprised to see Texas and Penn State ranked above Bama. In fact, I hope both teams end up that way. Still too early in the season to be #1. That just puts a big fat target on the teams back.

I agree with you about about BYU. They should definitely be ahead of USC.

The biggest joke is/was Auburn. How does a 4-2 team who beat teams like Miss. St and Tenn with scores like 3-2 and 14-13 even deserve to be in the top 25? Over teams like NC, Mich St, and even Wake Forest?

I suppose with this newest loss to Arky, Auburn will drop to 25.

As a Penn State fan I am VERY pleased so far but at this point I do not see how you can put the Lions ahead of Alabama.

I agree

AP poll is out

Texas jumps to #1, Bama #2, State #3. Oklahoma falls to #4 and Florida jumps to #5. No love for BYU or Texas Tech, but Oklahoma State jumps to #8

As a Penn State fan I am VERY pleased so far but at this point I do not see how you can put the Lions ahead of Alabama.

Why not? Bama sat out this week, and that has a tendency to work against the team on how it's ranked.

Penn State is now 7-0, and they got the last one by walking into Madison, WI, and blowing out the Badgers.

Why not? Bama sat out this week, and that has a tendency to work against the team on how it's ranked.

Penn State is now 7-0, and they got the last one by walking into Madison, WI, and blowing out the Badgers.

I thought you were a bama fan???? No team has a more impressive resume then Alabama right now. The only other team that could come close is Texas. It should be Bama #1, Texas #2, Penn St #3. & you know what, I would take USC over any one of those teams on a neutral field right now. This is going to be alot of fun the next few months.

I thought you were a bama fan???? No team has a more impressive resume then Alabama right now. The only other team that could come close is Texas. It should be Bama #1, Texas #2, Penn St #3. & you know what, I would take USC over any one of those teams on a neutral field right now. This is going to be alot of fun the next few months.

I am a Bama fan. I am not allowed to be objective? My opinion is not intended to be an insult to Bama, but it is more of an observation of the characteristics of the polls. How many times have we seen teams that were idle get leap frogged in the rankings? I am not saying Penn St SHOULD be #2, but based on the present evidence (Bama idle, Penn St. 7-0, wins big in Madison) I would have not been surprised if they were.

Now, as for me personally wanting Bama to be #3, that is more of a strategic thought. Bama still has 6 games left, and they are a young team. My biggest fear is some of the freshman get caught up in the hype, and allow it to inflate their ego. That would make them ripe for the picking for a team like Ole Miss or Miss St. A loss to one of those teams, and Bama could kiss a NC goodbye.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.