Adam Jones

If the NFL really wants to crack down on players doing crap like this, owners must also be held accountable. Everytime a player gets fined or suspended for violating the personal conduct policy, the owner should also face the wrath of the commish. I don't think Pacman will get suspended, because it seems Goodell likes to slob on the Cowboys star too much. But imagine if he does get suspended, and the NFL levies a 100,000 fine on Jerry Jones. And if Jones knew that such a penalty would have occurred in August, do you think he would have still taken a chance on the kid? Maybe (with all the money he's throwing around), but maybe not. Maybe you can also fine a GM - its not like the GM has owner money, and such a fine would impact his decisions and financial landscape much more than it would an owner. In Jerry Jones case, it should be double (since he is both GM and owner).

I don't see how a policy like this would be much different than Kraft getting fined for the actions of Bellicheat. Until owners or general managers are also held responsible for the actions of the players that they take, they will keep picking up these players in their paternalistic and egotistical fashion, thinking they are the ones, the ONLY ones, that can treat turn the deadbeats around.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3633432

fighting his own bodyguards whose job it is to make sure he doesnt get in trouble...

This is all the medias fault......Pacman has no choice but to inflict harm when it is obvious that these guys "disrespected" him!!

If the NFL really wants to crack down on players doing crap like this, owners must also be held accountable. Everytime a player gets fined or suspended for violating the personal conduct policy, the owner should also face the wrath of the commish. I don't think Pacman will get suspended, because it seems Goodell likes to slob on the Cowboys star too much. But imagine if he does get suspended, and the NFL levies a 100,000 fine on Jerry Jones. And if Jones knew that such a penalty would have occurred in August, do you think he would have still taken a chance on the kid? Maybe (with all the money he's throwing around), but maybe not. Maybe you can also fine a GM - its not like the GM has owner money, and such a fine would impact his decisions and financial landscape much more than it would an owner. In Jerry Jones case, it should be double (since he is both GM and owner).

I don't see how a policy like this would be much different than Kraft getting fined for the actions of Bellicheat. Until owners or general managers are also held responsible for the actions of the players that they take, they will keep picking up these players in their paternalistic and egotistical fashion, thinking they are the ones, the ONLY ones, that can treat turn the deadbeats around.

A hundred grand is tip money to these guys. As far as the GM goes Jones would most likely pay it for him.

It's funny how he has a four man body guard contingent, I'm assuming they rotate shifts, and they still can't keep him from acting an :devil: -hole.

It would be better to lose a draft pick if a player is suspended by the league. That would make them stand up and take notice.

I believe this is directly tied to Goodell's appearance at the Cowboy's facility on Wednesday. Right before he met the commishoner before his suspension he went to a strip club. He later said it was because he didn't want anyone telling him what he can and can't do. I'm thinking the bodyguard tried to stop him from something and that attitude returned.

I hear Jerry Jones was pissed, but not because Pacman got in trouble, but because this is one criminal that he can't go and add to his team because he is already there. Instead he just tied to offer him another contract.

In related news, some Bengals scouts and FO people were spotted watching the Cowboys practice trying to figure out what to offer Jerry for Pacman

A hundred grand is tip money to these guys. As far as the GM goes Jones would most likely pay it for him.

It's funny how he has a four man body guard contingent, I'm assuming they rotate shifts, and they still can't keep him from acting an :devil: -hole.

It would be better to lose a draft pick if a player is suspended by the league. That would make them stand up and take notice.

I believe this is directly tied to Goodell's appearance at the Cowboy's facility on Wednesday. Right before he met the commishoner before his suspension he went to a strip club. He later said it was because he didn't want anyone telling him what he can and can't do. I'm thinking the bodyguard tried to stop him from something and that attitude returned.

$100,000 was just an example. And as I clearly said, that money like this is a drop in the bucket for Jones. Make the penalty stiff enough where it would discourage owners from taking chances on these players. Draft picks also sounds like a good idea. And in case you didn't read the articles, they said the trip was already planned beforehand to talk about the CBA, and Goodell looked suprised when reporters told him. His visit had nothing to do with Pacman, since the incident occurred only about 6-8 hours before his arrival.

Assuming that taking away draft picks for player conduct was a real possibility, how long do you think it would be until some @$$hole cop took it upon himself to make sure visiting players got in trouble while they were in his town?

And I'm not saying this meaning all or any significant portion of the police force are corrupt. Just saying it only takes one bad apple.