Why doesn't the league like the Ravens?

Dan

OK, lets forget our woes for a moment. Once again, the Ravens are beating an undefeated team (referring to the Pats* game last year and the Titans game yesterday) and once again the Refs make a horrendous call against the Ravens.

Late 4th quarter, the Titans are down, but driving. The Ravens appear to stop them; but wait. 2 flags on the play. 1st is false start on the Titans; 2nd is roughing the passer on the Ravens (not to mention the guy didn't even knock Collins down, he just ran into him - ticky tack to say the least). They throw out the false start and enforce the roughing the passer. Titans proceed to score and win the game.

WTF?? Is this a new rule that you can choose to decline a false start penalty? Someone please explain to me how that can happen.

OK, lets forget our woes for a moment. Once again, the Ravens are beating an undefeated team (referring to the Pats* game last year and the Titans game yesterday) and once again the Refs make a horrendous call against the Ravens.

Late 4th quarter, the Titans are down, but driving. The Ravens appear to stop them; but wait. 2 flags on the play. 1st is false start on the Titans; 2nd is roughing the passer on the Ravens (not to mention the guy didn't even knock Collins down, he just ran into him - ticky tack to say the least). They throw out the false start and enforce the roughing the passer. Titans proceed to score and win the game.

WTF?? Is this a new rule that you can choose to decline a false start penalty? Someone please explain to me how that can happen.

They don't score and they actually stop most other teams from scoring. The NFL hates teams like this, they are the New Jersey Devils of football.

They don't score and they actually stop most other teams from scoring. The NFL hates teams like this, they are the New Jersey Devils of football.

That is a great analogy Baltimore runs the trap defense like no other NFL team - win field position, no turnovers, a great forecheck, pressure the other team into turnovers, and finally score off of their mistakes.

Can make for a boring game, but I thought their game against Pittsburg was fun to watch.

Yes, a 15 yarder is enforced in that situation, they do not off-set. Last year the refs were correct in every call in the Pats game, and they were correct yesterday. Now, you may say the dude barely touched Collins and it was not intentional, and I'd agree. However, the rule says you cannot hit the QB in the head, and thats what the dude did.

Yes, a 15 yarder is enforced in that situation, they do not off-set. Last year the refs were correct in every call in the Pats game, and they were correct yesterday. Now, you may say the dude barely touched Collins and it was not intentional, and I'd agree. However, the rule says you cannot hit the QB in the head, and thats what the dude did.

But I thought once there was a false start the play was over and pretty much anything after that doesn't count. Granted a blatant personal foul would, but that "hit" didn't look blatant at all. It looked like he didn't hear the whistle and played until someone stopped him.

Last year the refs were correct in every call in the Pats game, and they were correct yesterday

I didn't catch the game at all, but I've lost respect in your assessments since you don't think the Ravens got jobbed last yaer vs. the Pats. To read you say the officiating was correct makes me want to puke.

I didn't catch the game at all, but I've lost respect in your assessments since you don't think the Ravens got jobbed last yaer vs. the Pats. To read you say the officiating was correct makes me want to puke.

The Pats never get the calls and the league is against them. Didn't you know? :censored:

Every friggen call in that Pats- Ravens call was correct. there was not one judgement call in there, like a PI or the like. Just like the call yesterday, we may not like it, but it is the rule!

How can you get called for a penalty during a play that doesn't exist? If a lineman false starts and then grabs a hold of a defensive player can you take the holding penalty and decline the false start? What if there is a false start penalty and the lineman walks towards the bench? Can you call ineligible man downfield on him?