Should Schoebel be traded or cut after the season?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hands down, this is one of the most retarded threads ever. Congrats to everyone who contributed. ;)

Really, another person that thinks our DE's are doing a great job. The only one I see doing anything is Kelsay, that's it. Schobel is NOT worth the money he is getting, if you seriously think he is, than you're the one that's retarded.

Schoebel can't live on his reputation forever. He has to pick up his play. I'd like to see him moved down the depth chart and make Ellis the starter. Reminds me of Reuben Brown -- kept getting voted to the Pro Bowl year-after-year even after seasons that were less than stellar.

Hands down, this is one of the most retarded threads ever. Congrats to everyone who contributed. ;)

Here are some stats:

Aaron Schobel

Games played (including 2007-2008): 21

Sacks during that period: 7.5

Sacks through the 1st 5 games: 1

Chris Kelsay

Games played (including 2007-2008): 19

Sacks during that period: 3.5

Ryan Denney

Games played (including 2007-2008): 12

Sacks during that period: 2

So far, our DE's have only gotten 3 sacks out of 5 games. So is this really a retarded thread? 3 sacks by our DE's, and it's retarded to think we need better DE's? Schobel has 7.5 sacks in 21 games, but it's retarded to think that he's not getting the job done?!

Some people that posted on here forgot to read the last part of the topic: "after the season"

I haven't been happy with Schobel's play for 2 years now, and he's not getting the job done. We're stuck with him until the end of the season. So maybe once the season is over with, Bills Brass will try and trade him and get something in return. We could use his salary to get better players who are actually worth $7 million a year.

Some people that posted on here forgot to read the last part of the topic: "after the season"

I haven't been happy with Schobel's play for 2 years now, and he's not getting the job done. We're stuck with him until the end of the season. So maybe once the season is over with, Bills Brass will try and trade him and get something in return. We could use his salary to get better players who are actually worth $7 million a year.

My guess, and its just a guess, but you're gonna be unhappy with his play for a few more years. Because there's no way he's being traded in the off season.

My guess, and its just a guess, but you're gonna be unhappy with his play for a few more years. Because there's no way he's being traded in the off season.

If that's the case, would Denney or Kelsay get the axe, and we draft a DE in the draft (1st or 2nd round)? I would lean more on Denney getting cut.

Chicken Little ought to be our mascot; everytime the team has a bad game the blew birds come out of their holes and say "I told you so! I know more than the coaches do!" Then they run to Talk Radio like professional "wrestlers" to steriods.

If that's the case, would Denney or Kelsay get the axe, and we draft a DE in the draft (1st or 2nd round)? I would lean more on Denney getting cut.

I think you have something against white defensive lineman.....BIGOT!

Schoebel can't live on his reputation forever. He has to pick up his play. I'd like to see him moved down the depth chart and make Ellis the starter. Reminds me of Reuben Brown -- kept getting voted to the Pro Bowl year-after-year even after seasons that were less than stellar.

Ellis can't even beat out Bryan on the depth chart right now. Has he even been placed on the active roster for any of the games? And you think the bills should start him, a rookie with no NFL experience, ovre a 2 time Pro Bowler? What has Ellis done so far to get a shot at playing time, let alone starting?

I'd like to see him moved down the depth chart and make Ellis the starter

wow.....give me a break!

Reminds me of Reuben Brown -- kept getting voted to the Pro Bowl year-after-year even after seasons that were less than stellar.

Best run blocker we have had in the last 10 years.....I would GLADLY plop him next to Langston Walker RIGHT NOW!

wow.....give me a break!

Best run blocker we have had in the last 10 years.....I would GLADLY plop him next to Langston Walker RIGHT NOW!

Your right, Schobel is a very good run blocker, but DE's are also suppose to get pressure on the QB, not just run block. For $7 million a year, he needs to do both.

Your right, Schobel is a very good run blocker, but DE's are also suppose to get pressure on the QB, not just run block. For $7 million a year, he needs to do both.

What are you talking about? I am talking about Reuben Brown

Chicken Little ought to be our mascot; everytime the team has a bad game the blew birds come out of their holes and say "I told you so! I know more than the coaches do!" Then they run to Talk Radio like professional "wrestlers" to steriods.

I've been saying our pass-rush has been lacking for a few years now. Our DE's have a combined 3 sacks in 5 games played this year.

The holes on this team have been getting smaller every year, but there are still holes. If you give a good QB time to throw, he will tear up your defense, like when Brady tore us up twice last year, and Warner did on Sunday.

The comparison to Bruce Smith was goofy. Judging by that standard most of the DE's in the league suck and are overpaid.

You can talk about "after the season" all you want. Going into the bye at 4-1, I personally am not willing to give up and walk away from the current campaign.

One thing I can't get over here is how in some people's heads players are a static, unchanging commodity, meaning a player can never improve. Because Gandy didn't cut it with Buffalo, he obviously sucks and will always suck, therefore Schoebel sucks because he couldn't get pressure against Gandy. It is not possible that Gandy had a good game, or even had some familiarity with Schoebel from being on the same team that helped him.

Were you born a dumb ass, or did you have to work on it?

Definitely when I was born.....It's tough to find time to work on it when I am laying pipe in Mrs. Jerry Jabber so often