Is Edwards Injury Prone?

Pyrite Gal

Edwards Injury Prone?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Yes

• No

When my brother was 10 he thought that car was really, boss, to use a term from the time.

When I was a kid, my dad sold our Maverick to North Side Salvage in East Rochester for two used tires and just enough to buy a six-pack of Genny Cream Ale.

The Maverick was a fine car...

Tijuana Taxi

Ford Flashback

(JK - it was ugly.)

As for TE being injury prone, it depends on whether you use the same 'yardstick' Losman-bashers used to deem JP 'injury-prone', or TE gets to use his own special yardstick!

Seeing as the guy's only managed to get thru one complete season w/out injury (2005 at Stanford), I don't see how anyone in his right mind can insist he's not injury prone.

As for TE being injury prone, it depends on whether you use the same 'yardstick' Losman-bashers used to deem JP 'injury-prone', or TE gets to use his own special yardstick!

Seeing as the guy's only managed to get thru one complete season w/out injury (2005 at Stanford), I don't see how anyone in his right mind can insist he's not injury prone.

it appears that there are different yardsticks, as one person tried saying earlier that trent's record this year is 4-0.

Anyone taking that kind of hit would be prone to injury more times than not.

Not saying I disagree, but anyone who misses portions of 3 college seasons, part of his rookie season, and now (possibly) this season all due to injuries, just might have earned the 'injury-prone' distinction.

I tried to set this up as a poll with a simple yes or not answer and then I am curious what folks reasoning is. I have not done a poll in this format so my apologies if I messed it up and I would be overjoyed if someone with more computo skills did it instead if I mess it up.

I vote no, because he does not meet my definition of injury prone yet.

However, tjhe scary thing is that I think he is really close to meeting my definition and that is a real worry for this fan.

For me, a player is injury prone when his style of play and something about his body causes him to miss playing time for a variety of injuries from hits that I have seen other players shake off an walk away from.

A player may miss PT in my book because a old injury recurs or the original injury is not repaired properly but I still would not consider him injury prone as he doesn't come down with a variety of injuries from relatively standard hits. Jim Kelly had recurring bursa sack problems but between padding, an ability to tough his way through pain and a willingness to cortisone up I would not call him injury prone.

RJ on the other hand is the classic real world definition of injury prone. He was a gutsy athletic player for sure, but his gutsiness and escapability got him hit often enough and led to him missing PT for concussion, shoulder separation, deep bruises and even an injury to his chest from falling on the point of the ball that I easily label him as injury prone.

The concussion suffered by Edwards today is problematic to me since for the third time in his brief and shining career he was lost PT due to injury. One was for the wrist last year and a second was an injury which cost him a pre-season game. Today it was a concussion from a wicked hit, but as much credit as I give him for hanging in there and completing the pass, I think the team would have been better off if he ducked and covered and took a loss rather than hitting the pass but leaving himself exposed.

I thought he took the hit fine but did not protect himself well enough in the fall and I think got concussed not from the hit but from his head hitting the ground.

I think it is too early to label Edwards as injury prone, but particularly given he had a record of missing PT due to injury in college, if he has another hit from issed PT this year ane eveb next year I think he will deserve to be called injury prone.

Andre the Giant, the Invisible Man, the Incredible Hulk, Irving Immelman and SuperCaptainCoolMan would get killed behind this OL. Wait....Andre IS dead, isn't he?

TE wouldn't have lasted 4 downs against...

Art Donovan

Fatso is a GREAT read. I think it is sub-titled, "Football when Men were Men." His anecdotes are fanatastic, and I am sure embellished.

Back to Edwards, he has been taking those shots all season long. When you stand in there, focusing on your receiver, knowing somebody is going to hit you like a tsunami, it is only a matter of time before you get hurt. He has to figure out a successful way to "chuck and duck" or his career will be short.

Question: How often was Jim Kelly injured to a degree where he missed all, part, or multiple games?

I AM NOT COMPARING EDWARDS TO KELLY!

It just seems that Kelly played tough and refused to back down, and the result was injury.

Anyone have any stats?