Robert Royal

Simon

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I never called you an idiot and that's the second time you've lied and put words in my mouth.

I'd gladly deal with it via PM if you hadn't so courageously blocked me last week. :thumbdown:

My apologies...you called me a "tool", not an "idiot". I must've mixed up my 7th grade insults.

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showt...20&start=20

I'll unblock you, if it'll make you feel better.

Oh well, the way I see it, this guy is one of those, "you're only a true football fan if you watch the line" kind of guys. That's fine, but I think if you defend Schobel because you think he's fantastic that's one thing, but if you defend him because you truly think he played well is another. Schobel is a little banged up, getting old, and almost everytime I take time to notice, he's not quickly getting to the QB. If he's seriously satisfied with Schobel, maybe he didn't watch Bruce Smith at all.

As far as I'm concerned you're a fan if you like the Bills.

But if you want to cut the best blocker on the Bills because of a mistake he made years ago, then you just sound like some braying fool on a stupid radio show.

My apologies...you called me a "tool", not an "idiot". I must've mixed up my 7th grade insults.

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showt...20&start=20

I'll unblock you, if it'll make you feel better.

Seemed like an appropriate response to your 7thgrade caliber posts.

And don't bother unblocking me. I see that I was evidently mistaken in believing you might be worth talking to. :thumbdown:

But if you want to cut the best blocker on the Bills because of a mistake he made years ago, then you just sound like some braying fool on a stupid radio show.

In being a fan of the Bills I wanted to see them make the playoffs. Typically, if you can't make the playoffs its important to do whatever you can to change that. At one point in time had Robert Royal not been our Tight End, Our chances of making the playoffs increased infinitely. Therefore, as a FAN OF THE BILLS, I want Royal gone because he's a bonehead. The best blocker on the bills, for the record, is not Royal, you're just too wrapped up in your dreamworld to see that though.

Seemed like an appropriate response to your 7thgrade caliber posts.

And don't bother unblocking me. I see that I was evidently mistaken in believing you might be worth talking to. :thumbdown:

Haha. You think pretty highly of yourself, don't you?

Well, you shouldn't.

At one point in time had Robert Royal not been our Tight End, Our chances of making the playoffs increased infinitely.

Cutting our best blocker would increase our chances of making the playoffs?

Infinitely?

Wow.

The best blocker on the bills, for the record, is not Royal, you're just too wrapped up in your dreamworld to see that though.

OK, who is?

Dockery's the only one who's even close to being as good at his job.

Peters, Fowler, Butler, Walker and every other TE, FB, HB haven't been nearly as effective as Royal has been this year.

So who's better?

You suffer from a serious condition of selective reading.

I do? It must be contagious as you apparently didn't read this part of my response:

OK, who is?

Peters, Fowler, Butler, Walker and every other TE, FB, HB haven't been nearly as effective as Royal has been this year.

So who's better?

So for the 3rd time now, what Bills blocker is doing their job better than Royal?

Robert Royal, while being a good blocker, is also prone to some of the most negative game changing plays in recent memory. Sometimes I wonder if he knows what the hell is going on.

I think we'll get a chance to see Derek Fine after the bye, so that is something to be optimistic about.

I do? It must be contagious as you apparently didn't read this part of my response:

OK, who is?

So who's better?

So for the 3rd time now, what Bills blocker is doing their job better than Royal?

I think that to say that Robert Royal is the best blocker is obviously wrong. I mean the literally because he could not block any of the defensive linemen as well as Peters or Dockery, but I mean that also because those players are out there blocking players in consistent one-on-one situations. I don't know who the best Bills blocker is because I have not watched the line as I would have liked this year, but I stand by my statement that Royal is not the best blocker because I have seen some fantastic blocks come from Walker and Dockery.

I hear you, but would you say blocking is Antonio Gates' primary job? Kellen Winslow? Jason Witten?

Your primary job is ultimately going to be to do whatever you're best at. If all you can do is block, then thats what you're going to be asked to do. Every tight end needs to be a competent blocker, but some tight ends are able to make a bigger impact than that.

When they signed him he was known as a TE that was primarily a blocker and they said he wasn't as bad a receiver as his reputation led people to believe. He has become a better receiver and he's done some great catches that were pivotal in some games.

TE's like Winslow, Gates and Gonazalez were drafted to be a receiving TE. Royal wasn't signed for that to be his primary job.

Oh well, the way I see it, this guy is one of those, "you're only a true football fan if you watch the line" kind of guys. That's fine, but I think if you defend Schobel because you think he's fantastic that's one thing, but if you defend him because you truly think he played well is another. Schobel is a little banged up, getting old, and almost everytime I take time to notice, he's not quickly getting to the QB. If he's seriously satisfied with Schobel, maybe he didn't watch Bruce Smith at all.

Yeah, anyone who doesn't play to BS's level isn't a good DE. All of them should be the best DE ever. :thumbdown:

You are effing funny.

Outstanding!

Can you play against the Chargers?

:D

That is one of the funniest things I've read here all year!!

When they signed him he was known as a TE that was primarily a blocker and they said he wasn't as bad a receiver as his reputation led people to believe. He has become a better receiver and he's done some great catches that were pivotal in some games.

TE's like Winslow, Gates and Gonazalez were drafted to be a receiving TE. Royal wasn't signed for that to be his primary job.

I agree. My point was that saying Royal is good at his primary task doesn't necessarily mean you're saying he's a good player. The only reason why Royal's 'primary job' is not to make plays in the passing game is because he's incapable of consistently making plays in the passing game.

OK, who is?

So who's better?

Really? You don't think Walker has played well? Thats kind of a bummer. :thumbdown: