What did we learn today?

Big Turk

Re. the pass rush, I've got to think Schoebel's foot was a major factor. Plus, why not blitz more??

It almost looked like they were afraid to blitz. The entire Arizona roster was getting open on every play even with the defense playing coverage. Yes, there's less time to get the pass off on a blitz, but these guys were open right off the snap.

11) The sky is not falling---No team is going 16-0 this year, and its better the Bills lost to an out of conference opponent than an in conference one...its the first loss of the season, but likely not the last---

12) The Bye comes at a perfect time---hopefully Edwards and McGee will be back for the San Diego game, and they can work on things like pass-rushing from the D-line, O-line protections, and O-line run blocking....

I totally agree with this! I wish they didn't have to lose in such an ugly way, but if you are going to lose - let it be to an opponent like the Cardinals.

I like the timing of this bye - after that loss two weeks to regroup is exactly what we need.

This was not a fun game to watch - I almost wish I had missed it due to the TW/LIN dispute.

We were overmatched from the gun

Really? Looked to Me like The Bills were moving the Ball quite well on the 1st Drive...Our QB got knocked out...Then the entire Team went into a daze...The Bills were not overmatched from the gun...Once TE went down the entire Team went with Him initially...It happens...They are a Young Team and when their Leader went down they lost their swagger...Dumb Penalties, missed assignments, and a bit of panic set in...Like I said it happens to good young Teams every now and again...Especially on the Road...

Not taking anything away from The Cards who played awful well...REAL well as a matter of fact...But the Bills were still only 7 points back early in the 3rd Quarter and the Game was well within reach at that point...One stop and a decent Offensive Drive and it's a tie Ball Game going into the 4th Quarter...FAR from overmatched from the gun...

I think if You put that Game in Buffalo and take Warner out during the 1st Drive You may see the same type of lopsided Score the other way...It was just one of those days for the Bills when things pretty much went bad at the most crucial moments...then it kinda snowballed in the 4th Quarter...But overmatched? I don't think so...Maybe overwhelmed at the thought of playing without TE... :thumbsup:

1) 99% of the posters at TBD would have died if they suffered the hit Trent was delievered.

2) DT in the first round, anyone? Or, maybe DE. I don't know about McCargo. Stroud will either be leaving or will be over his prime in about 2 years. Williams and Spencer are really good, but not great. Schobel is past-prime.

3) JP needs to be either released or traded this off-season, if just to silence the robots around here.

4) They should extend Jackson's contract BEFORE the end of the season, so he can be an insurance policy in the very least. We can afford to let Greer go.

I will be extactic if they could trade him this offseason, seeing as how they would ahve pulled a fast one on the league and the other team since they won't own his rights and he will be a FA and walk at the end of the year

Jeez, overreact much? The kid has some to learn, but keep in mind, there are very, very few DB's who make the jump out of college, into the pros, without a learning curve. The kid is a tremendous athlete, I think it is a little premature to label him a bust 5 games into his NFL career. Once he adjusts to the speed of the NFL game, I am pretty sure you will not be noticing a "lack of instinct" on his part.

In other news our first pick next year is a bust and a reach!

Really? Looked to Me like The Bills were moving the Ball quite well on the 1st Drive...Our QB got knocked out...Then the entire Team went into a daze...The Bills were not overmatched from the gun...Once TE went down the entire Team went with Him initially...It happens...They are a Young Team and when their Leader went down they lost their swagger...Dumb Penalties, missed assignments, and a bit of panic set in...Like I said it happens to good young Teams every now and again...Especially on the Road...

Not taking anything away from The Cards who played awful well...REAL well as a matter of fact...But the Bills were still only 7 points back early in the 3rd Quarter and the Game was well within reach at that point...One stop and a decent Offensive Drive and it's a tie Ball Game going into the 4th Quarter...FAR from overmatched from the gun...

I think if You put that Game in Buffalo and take Warner out during the 1st Drive You may see the same type of lopsided Score the other way...It was just one of those days for the Bills when things pretty much went bad at the most crucial moments...then it kinda snowballed in the 4th Quarter...But overmatched? I don't think so...Maybe overwhelmed at the thought of playing without TE... :censored:

Are you trying to tell me that the defense wasn't overmatched from the start? Granted they had to work with a short field but they were just awful. Not the end of the world mind you, it hurts they lost this bad but it may be a better situation for humility to get blown out. Agreed though that TE is definitely the heart and soul of this team.

You don't even need to take Warner out in Buffalo to have the loss be lopsided, Arizona can't win on the road. Good points, but I'm stickin by my earlier post - our offensive and defensive lines were overmatched, our corners were waay overmatched, so yeah not too far from overmatched from the start but appreciate the response.