Wall of Fame

When you see OJ's name on the Wall, what do you think of?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. When you see OJ's name on the Wall, what do you think of first??

• I think of his accomplishments as a Buffalo Bills RB
    • I think of the crimes he's committed

I'm not trying to turn this into yet another "remove OJ from the Wall of Fame thread" I'm just looking to get a consensus view of what people think of when they see OJ's name on the Wall of Fame. It was placed there long before the murder and the Wall is there to recognize his accomplishments as a Buffalo Bills RB, not what kind of person he is. Quite honestly, removing his name would be a big story nationally and lead to more controversy than there is now with him remaining on the Wall.

My first time in the stadium was the 1996 preseason game against Washington...only about a year removed from the acquittal. When I looked up and saw his name up on the Wall of Fame, I didn't think about the murders, I thought about the 2,003 yard season, the way he could turn in mid-air on his runs from scrimmage, and the way that Barry Sanders' running style was so similar. Some people don't seem to be able to separate the man from the athletic accomplishments and I'm curious how many view it one way or the other.

IMO the Wall of fame itself should go down. Do we really think that we're producing one worthy member each year? That's stupid, and it loses its credibility. The point of those things are mostly to show the crowd and the current team the accomplishments of your franchise...I think a few Kelly, Bruce, OJ posters plastered outside and around the stadium would do just fine...

IMO the Wall of fame itself should go down. Do we really think that we're producing one worthy member each year? That's stupid, and it loses its credibility. The point of those things are mostly to show the crowd and the current team the accomplishments of your franchise...I think a few Kelly, Bruce, OJ posters plastered outside and around the stadium would do just fine...

The last four Wall of Fame honorees:

2008: Bruce Smith - likely first-ballot Hall of Famer, Class of 2009

2007: Steve Tasker - Hall of Fame semifinalist

2006: Andre Reed - Hall of Fame semifinalist

2005: Thurman Thomas - Hall of Fame, Class of 2007

They look worthy to me ...

Well put, the wall is our version of number retiring, what's wrong with it?

Bruce Smith.....God's gift to mankind.And he knows you know it. But just in case you are not presently thinking of him with due deference--he'll remind you of what a gift he is.