Rate my "new" Fantasy team!

Buftex

So, I overhauled my 4-0 fantasy team this week. Even though I was winning, I didn't like the production I was getting from

most of my lineup. You could say I was a "lucky 4-0". Is my new team a better FF team than my old one?

My New Team

QB ]

Brett Favre NYJ

Trent Edwards BUF

RB

Thomas Jones NYJ

Michael Turner ATL

Marshawn Lynch BUF

Le'Ron McClain BAL

Fred Jackson BUF

Ray Rice BAL

WR

Greg Jennings GNB

Eddie Royal DEN

Lance Moore NOR

Robert Meachem NOR

Steve Smith NYG

TE

Chris Cooley WAS

K

Ryan Longwell MIN

Def/ST

Jacksonville Jaguars JAC

San Francisco 49ers SFO

OLD TEAM

QB

Carson Palmer CIN

Trent Edwards BUF

RB

Thomas Jones NYJ

Michael Turner ATL

Marshawn Lynch BUF

Fred Jackson BUF

Chris Johnson TEN

Ray Rice BAL

WR

Greg Jennings GNB

Reggie Wayne IND

Kevin Curtis PHI

Steve Smith NYG

Donte Stallworth CLE

TE

Ben Utect CIN

K

Ryan Longwell MIN

Def/ST

Jacksonville Jaguars JAC

Actually, I do like it. Maybe I missed it in the other thread, but having Le'Ron McClain makes up for trading Johnson and I think the upgrades at QB (Palmer is done this year) and TE are worth the downgrade at #2 WR when you consider how good Eddie Royal looks so far.

What was the deal you ended up making for Royal? I'm guessing the other guy backed out of the Edwards trade?

No, I waited to long to decide, he withdrew the offer. I just am not sure about the Browns offense. I know Edwards has been good in the past, but they look awful. Even if they make the switch to Brady Quin at QB, there is a chance he will go through some growing pains. Their running game has disappeared, beyond Anderson playing some terrible football.

I made a counter offer of Chris Johnson for Eddie Royal. Maybe I am nuts, but Royal is averaging 7 receptions a game, as a #2 guy! As long as Royal, and Cutler are healthy, and Mad Man Shanahan is in charge, I think the Broncos are going to be bent, all season, on putting up as many points as possible. Royal is a good player.

Meh, I'm not a big fan of this. I understand being undefeated and not liking your team since I currently feel the same way. However I do think being 4-0 gives you the cushion to think long-term as opposed to figuring out a way to win the next couple weeks and it just looks like you've done the latter.

The value of those Saints WR's certainly goes down considerably when Colston/Shockey come back.

Mc'Lain looks like a nice player and all, but his fantasy value as a bye week filler is next to nothing compared to Johnson who you can start with confidence when he has better matchups than Jones/Turner.

I suppose the huge TE upgrade in addition to Palmer ---> Favre makes it not terrible.

You may all be right...we shall see. I guess I enjoy this part of fantasy a little too much.

The way I see it, I upgraded at two positions (QB and TE), and am taking a gamble that Eddie Royal will be at least as productive as Reggie Wayne down the stretch. The NO recievers I have, along with the two Ravens rbs' are all backups.

My starting lineup, give or take a player here or there:

QB: Bret Favre

RB: Marshawn Lynch, Michael Turner

WR: Greg Jennings, Eddie Royal

TE: Chris Cooly

K: Ryan Longwell

Def: Jacksonville

I think I added about at least 10 points a week to my starting roster.

I like it more than what I had before...now I just gotta hope that the JAGS defense starts to live up to their hype.

No, I waited to long to decide, he withdrew the offer. I just am not sure about the Browns offense. I know Edwards has been good in the past, but they look awful. Even if they make the switch to Brady Quin at QB, there is a chance he will go through some growing pains. Their running game has disappeared, beyond Anderson playing some terrible football.

I made a counter offer of Chris Johnson for Eddie Royal. Maybe I am nuts, but Royal is averaging 7 receptions a game, as a #2 guy! As long as Royal, and Cutler are healthy, and Mad Man Shanahan is in charge, I think the Broncos are going to be bent, all season, on putting up as many points as possible. Royal is a good player.

I drafted Royal and have been very pleased with his production, although he will most likely be out with an ankle injury this week.

I drafted Royal and have been very pleased with his production, although he will most likely be out with an ankle injury this week.

Yeah, I seem to have that luck with trades. When I trade for a guy having a good season, he seems to get hurt...why I need to draft better!

So, without starting another LAMP post, after trading for Royal, I have been offered this deal:

DeSean Jackson (Eagles WR) and Chris Perry (Bengals RB) for our very own Marshawn Lynch. I am inclined to reject the trade, but Jackson is having a very good season. I don't want to give up faith the Bills O-line will start to run block better, but Marshawn is having a disappointing, FF wise anyway, season so far. What do you think, in light of what I already have. It would be a nice depth/upgrade at WR for me, but my RB depth would take a hit.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.