Made a big trade....

Buftex

So, even though I am 4-0 in our leauge, it is "smoke and mirrors" kind of 4-0. I have been getting little prodcution from the QB or TE position. I traded Carson Palmer, Reggie Wayne and Donald Lee, for Brett Favre and Chris Cooley. Palmer and Wayne have done liittle for me (though I know Wayne is bound to rebound), and Lee was just a toss in, so the guy I traded with wouldn't be stuck without a starting tight end.

The trade leaves me with this roster:

QB: Brett Favre, Trent Edwards

RB: Marshawn Lynch, Michael Turner, Thomas Jones, Chris Johnson, Ray Rice

WR: Greg Jennings, Robert Meachum, Kevin Curtis, Steve Smith (NY Giants)

TE: Chris Cooley, Ben Utect

Kicker: Ryan Longwell

Def/ST: Jacksonville, San Francisco

So, was trading Palmer, Wayne and Lee for Favre and Cooley a bad move?

So, even though I am 4-0 in our leauge, it is "smoke and mirrors" kind of 4-0. I have been getting little prodcution from the QB or TE position. I traded Carson Palmer, Reggie Wayne and Donald Lee, for Brett Favre and Chris Cooley. Palmer and Wayne have done liittle for me (though I know Wayne is bound to rebound), and Lee was just a toss in, so the guy I traded with wouldn't be stuck without a starting tight end.

The trade leaves me with this roster:

QB: Brett Favre, Trent Edwards

RB: Marshawn Lynch, Michael Turner, Thomas Jones, Chris Johnson, Ray Rice

WR: Greg Jennings, Robert Meachum, Kevin Curtis, Steve Smith (NY Giants)

TE: Chris Cooley, Ben Utect

Kicker: Ryan Longwell

Def/ST: Jacksonville, San Francisco

So, was trading Palmer, Wayne and Lee for Favre and Cooley a bad move?

Cooley is an upgrade over Lee. Doesn't look like Rogers looks to the TE that much.

Favre currently is an upgrade over Palmer, but Palmer is too good to struggle all year.

Losing Wayne is going to hurt though. Other than Jennings, your WR's are a little weak.

Too early to tell if the trade will pay dividends. But if Palmer continues to struggle, you made the right move.

Personally I wouldn't have done it. I'm not sold on the Jets willingness to unleash Favre and allow him to reach his potential, so I don't know how much of an upgrade he's ultimately going to be over Edwards. I can understand your need to find a tight end, but would've rather seen you let go of one of those running backs than Wayne.

Best of luck! :rolleyes:

Personally I wouldn't have done it. I'm not sold on the Jets willingness to unleash Favre and allow him to reach his potential, so I don't know how much of an upgrade he's ultimately going to be over Edwards. I can understand your need to find a tight end, but would've rather seen you let go of one of those running backs than Wayne.

Best of luck! :rolleyes:

Yeah, I would have rather let a running back go, but, the guy I traded with really wanted a WR. I just kind of snuck the Cooley for Lee thing, as an add on. I like Cooley...

As for my receivers, Greg Jennings has been great all season, and I think Meachum is going to start getting more chances.

I just think Favre and Cooley, every week, will get me an additional 10-12 points over Trent and Lee. Wayne hasn't done a lot either. Palmer has had 2 miserable games, one okay game, and missed a game. I had him last year, and he was pretty poor all season. I thouhgt it was just the lingering effects of the injury, but I think he is not right, and the Bengals offense is falling apart. So, I think Favre is an upgrade. He isn't going to get me 6 td's every week, but I think he is bound to put up good to great numbers week in week out. If Trent starts putting up bigger numbers, I will have some decent trade bate for later.

I am working right now on trying to trade Thomas Jones for a legit starting receiver. I have offered him for Bryalon Edwards (a guy like Wayne, great at times but not having a great season), but the every offer I have made to that guy is counter offered with some insane scenario where I basically give up everytning of value that I have.

Okay, so a follow up:

I have just been offered Chris Perry (Bengals RB) and Braylon Edwards, for Chris Johnson (RB Titans). Getting Edwards is would be a replacement for Reggie Wayne (who I dealt in the Favre deal). What do you think?

If I make the deal, my roster would be:

QB: Brett Favre and Trent Edwards

RB: Marshawn Lynch, Michael Turner, Thomas Jones, Ray Rice, Chris Perry, Freddie Jackson

WR: Greg Jennings, Braylon Edwards, Robert Meacham, Kevin Curtis, Steve Smith (NY Giants)

TE: Chris Cooley and Ben Utect

K: Ryan Longwell

DEF/ST: Jaguars and 49'ers

Sorry to be a pain in the ass, but I value your opinions mightily.

Okay, so a follow up:

I have just been offered Chris Perry (Bengals RB) and Braylon Edwards, for Chris Johnson (RB Titans). Getting Edwards is would be a replacement for Reggie Wayne (who I dealt in the Favre deal). What do you think?

RB: Marshawn Lynch, Michael Turner, Thomas Jones, Ray Rice, Chris Perry, Freddie Jackson

WR: Greg Jennings, Braylon Edwards, Robert Meacham, Kevin Curtis, Steve Smith (NY Giants)

iirc, you don't have a flex and just start 2 RBs and 2 WRs?

If so, I'd make that trade in a heartbeat, given your roster. Johnson doesn't do anything for you that you're not getting from Thomas Jones, and you've really got to find a way to upgrade that WR2. I'm not particularly high on Edwards, but this just makes too much sense for your team to pass it up.

In conjunction with your first trade, you'll have improved quite a bit. :thumbsup:

Okay, so a follow up:

Do it now! BE's would be a great addition to your team. Chris Perry is very good, but if you don't have a flex, there is no need to be loaded at RB. Well, actually the reason to be loaded at RB is to trade for a top receiver.... :thumbsup:

Do it now! BE's would be a great addition to your team. Chris Perry is very good, but if you don't have a flex, there is no need to be loaded at RB. Well, actually the reason to be loaded at RB is to trade for a top receiver.... :worthy:

I have not accepted the trade yet, because I have some concerns about the Browns/Braylon Edwards. What would you all think of me trading Chris Johnson for Eddie Royal (WR- Broncos), who is having an amazing season so far. He is on the "trade block" for a RB.

You aree right, I do not have a flex position, I can only play 2 WR's and 2 RB's per week.

I have not accepted the trade yet, because I have some concerns about the Browns/Braylon Edwards. What would you all think of me trading Chris Johnson for Eddie Royal (WR- Broncos), who is having an amazing season so far. He is on the "trade block" for a RB.

You aree right, I do not have a flex position, I can only play 2 WR's and 2 RB's per week.

Well, B Edwards is a proven #1 receiver off to a slow start. Royal is an unproven #2 receiver that is off to a fast start. Clevelands offense has been pathetic, but they have talent and I think they will improve. Denver's offense has been on fire, can they keep up that pace? I would take the #1 WR on just about any team before the number 2, there are exceptions, but I really think Anderson will regain last years form and Edwards is a much better option.

I don't like it at all. Chris Johnson is good and getting better. Edwards has been a bust this year, largely due to the awful play of Anderson. They'll switch to Quinn sooner or later and the rest of Edwards' year will be wasted as a rookie QB gets broken in (think Lee Evans last year). Plus Chris Perry has done little and now is hurt.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.