Need some help

Well, you like to have fun of me and my country here and well you're sometimes right!! But as some of you know, even if i like to critic the american way once in a while here, i defend the USA and the americans everyday in that champion land of anti americanism that is France. Always saying to ignorant fellow frenchmen to not judge the US by what they see on TV, by what they hear in the media, telling them to cross the Pond just to see what the USA really are... etc.... but well this time i need your help because i have NO argument to answer to that question i hear ad nauseam here for 24 hours: "How stupid americans are that they could elect a VP that believes men and dinosaurs lived together on this planet 6,000 years ago?"

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, you like to have fun of me and my country here and well you're sometimes right!! But as some of you know, even if i like to critic the american way once in a while here, i defend the USA and the americans everyday in that champion land of anti americanism that is France. Always saying to ignorant fellow frenchmen to not judge the US by what they see on TV, by what they hear in the media, telling them to cross the Pond just to see what the USA really are... etc.... but well this time i need your help because i have NO argument to answer to that question i hear ad nauseam here for 24 hours: "How stupid americans are that they could elect a VP that believes men and dinosaurs lived together on this planet 6,000 years ago?"

Its not all Americans, and really only a large minority of them that support her. Tell them we have a pretty big propaganda network that brainwashes these people

More liberal BS, just like all the other stuff they tried to smear her with.

The US media is about 95% for Obama.

Ask them if they have heard Biden's latest gaffe.

He said that when the stock market crashed in 1929 and people were losing houses, FDR went on television and talked to the US.

FDR became President in 1932 :ph34r: and TV wasn't invented in 1929 :lol:.

Biden has been in congress since Palin was in 2nd grade.

He said that when the stock market crashed in 1929 and people were losing houses, FDR went on television and talked to the US.

Ummmm...the difference between a gaffe and crazy religious belief is lost on you?

BTW, has McCain figured out who the Sunni and Shittes are yet?

i think (i know it's not the point) that TV has been invented in 1928...

Anyway that gaffe has no impact here because:

About nobody in France knows and cares about who was President of the USA in 1929

and

My three year old son knows dinosaurs never lived at the same time than humans.

i think (i know it's not the point) that TV has been invented in 1928...

Anyway that gaffe has no impact here because:

About nobody in France knows and cares about who was President of the USA in 1929

and

My three year old son knows dinosaurs never lived at the same time than humans.

I think Hoover had actually been on tv, as a novelty.

She hasn't said that. Show me a clip.

Biden is so stupid, he keeps making gaffes like that. He was at a fundraiser and asked someone to stand up, then realized the guy is in a wheelchair. :ph34r:

It may be that he is that stupid or that he has been affected by the two anuryisms (sp?) he has been operated on for.

She hasn't said that. Show me a clip.

Biden is so stupid, he keeps making gaffes like that. He was at a fundraiser and asked someone to stand up, then realized the guy is in a wheelchair. :ph34r:

It may be that he is that stupid or that he has been affected by the two anuryisms (sp?) he has been operated on for.

ANCHORAGE -- Soon after Sarah Palin was elected mayor of the foothill town of Wasilla, Alaska, she startled a local music teacher by insisting in casual conversation that men and dinosaurs coexisted on an Earth created 6,000 years ago -- about 65 million years after scientists say most dinosaurs became extinct -- the teacher said.

After conducting a college band and watching Palin deliver a commencement address to a small group of home-schooled students in June 1997, Wasilla resident Philip Munger said, he asked the young mayor about her religious beliefs.

Palin told him that "dinosaurs and humans walked the Earth at the same time," Munger said. When he asked her about prehistoric fossils and tracks dating back millions of years, Palin said "she had seen pictures of human footprints inside the tracks," recalled Munger, who teaches music at the University of Alaska in Anchorage and has regularly criticized Palin in recent years on his liberal political blog, called Progressive Alaska.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/na...story?track=rss

Hopefully in the debate she'll be asked to clarify her views on science and what should be taught in school.

It is sad but I think I can help with your answer. Try saying this:

The alternate VP choice is a former hippy commie. He is still a commie and kind of still has a hippy look about him. If he had his choice, he would turn America into another France and if America became just another euro-style doormat, the real euro-style doormats would have no one left to protect them.

So, in the end America has to decide whether to go against someone with weird beliefs or to go against getting trampled like beret wearing ninnies.

Your countrymen may understand that Americans are assessing the lesser of two evils and that inevitably, some will choose on each side. They still may not understand as they have become accustomed to being trampled, but it is worth a shot. Let us know how it goes.

P.S. I am ashamed of my fellow Americans in the thread who chose to argue rather than simply trying to honor your original request. i could have easily gotten into how good Edwards and/or Tancredo would have been, but I did not.

It is sad but I think I can help with your answer. Try saying this:

Your countrymen may understand that Americans are assessing the lesser of two evils and that inevitably, some will choose on each side. They still may not understand as they have become accustomed to being trampled, but it is worth a shot. Let us know how it goes.

P.S. I am ashamed of my fellow Americans in the thread who chose to argue rather than simply trying to honor your original request. i could have easily gotten into how good Edwards and/or Tancredo would have been, but I did not.

:pirate::o:w00t:

i knew i could count on you Crayonz!!!

FDR became President in 1932 :pirate: and TV wasn't invented in 1929 :o.

Smear with her? have you seen her interviews? Oh my lord it's pathetic.

Well, Barak and I both smoked crack back in 2000 when I ran into him in Chicago.

About as much proof as the statement of the teacher with the liberal blog has.

I expected such a response, which is why I said I hope she's asked to give specifics on her views on science and what should be taught in schools. And they can ask Obama about his meeting with you.

FDR became President in 1932 :pirate: and TV wasn't invented in 1929 :o.

I never really heard the exact context that JB's "gaffe" was taken in... It was pretty stupid... Sure he didn't mean that if FDR was President during the crash... He would have spoke and came on TV... Now, I know TV wasn't in the houses and what not and FDR wasn't even President... But, do you see what I am getting at? I am not sure you can take JB's words literally... It was a very dump thing to throw out there... Even if he was making some EII connection in his brain.

??

Oh... Olivier... Americans are dumb and will always fall for the patriotic populus schtick. Been getting worse for 8 years. Throw in about 3,000 dead and two kaput buildings and the baby most certainly will always be thrown out with the bath water.

If lust and hate is the candy,

if blood and love tastes so sweet,

then we give 'em what they want.

Hey, hey, give 'em what they want.

So their eyes are growing hazy 'cos they wanna turn it on,

so their minds are soft and lazy.

Well, hey, give 'em what they want.

If lust and hate is the candy,

if blood and love tastes so sweet,

then we give 'em what they want.

So their eyes are growing hazy 'cos they wanna turn it on,

so their minds are soft and lazy.