How the mighty have fallen...

PistolPeaTear

Mark McGwire has never tested positive for illegal steroid use and he was not included in the Mitchell Report. All we have to go on is the testimony of that scumbag Canseco.

Do I think McGwire juiced? Yes. But still, innocent til proven guilty. He should be in the Hall of Fame.

I don't disagree that Canseco has lived the life of a scumbag. And there's no question he's trying to make a buck when he's releasing books naming certain steroid users.

However, without Jose Canseco, Congress NEVER would've gotten involved, Bud Selig would've done NOTHING, there'd be no steroid testing in baseball because the Players Union would still have the league by the balls, and Ryan Howard probably would've hit 84 HRs this season.

You don't have to like Jose. But give him some credit for opening some eyes to the situation, even if his intent was for personal gain rather than "sanctity of the game." It still took guts, turning on the fraternity like that. And as far as we know, EVERYONE Canseco has mentioned has eventually been proven to be a former user. That's what makes his ARod claims compelling.

As far as McGwire, he was proven guilty the day he refused to talk to Congress. Defendants plea the 5th to avoid incriminating themselves, not because they're feeling shy. I don't think Sosa ever failed a test either, but when you go from charismatic good guy to "No hablo ingles" when someone asks about steroids, your guilt is written all over you.

And I agree, they SHOULD be in the Hall of Fame. It's a museum celebrating the game's history. Unfortunately, it's a sad part of the game's history, but they should be there. Include on their plaques that they are suspected steroid users. Writers can't start picking and choosing who from that era goes into the Hall, based on their opinions of who used and who didn't. Either include them all whose numbers warrant it, or they can't include any.

I think Chipper Jones is probably clean, but who knows? REALLY KNOWS?? Nobody. So why does he get a pass, and McGwire is left out?

Mark McGwire has never tested positive for illegal steroid use and he was not included in the Mitchell Report. All we have to go on is the testimony of that scumbag Canseco.

Do I think McGwire juiced? Yes. But still, innocent til proven guilty. He should be in the Hall of Fame.

Canseco isn't a scumbag. He is a man with a below average IQ, a big ego,below average maturity..and a lot of honesty.

McGwire is a border line hall of famer. He probbly woulda hit 450 homers without the juice.--And he was hitting them out in oakland before he roided up and when only he and Canseco and about 2 other players in the league could actually hit a home run in oakland at nite. Homers were brutal in that stadium with the bay fog and bay breeze blowing in.

Canseco isn't a scumbag. He is a man with a below average IQ, a big ego,below average maturity..and a lot of honesty.

McGwire is a border line hall of famer. He probbly woulda hit 450 homers without the juice.--And he was hitting them out in oakland before he roided up and when only he and Canseco and about 2 other players in the league could actually hit a home run in oakland at nite. Homers were brutal in that stadium with the bay fog and bay breeze blowing in.

So true about Oakland, especially before they expanded the stadium for the Raiders' return.

Remember how skinny McGwire was when he came up? By 1998 he looked like a totally different person.