4-0*

bluenews

No. All of the playoff contenders that were picked before the season are currently floundering. Pats, Jets, Jaguars, Vikings, Packers, Colts, Chargers....

Anyone who says our record isn't real is basing this off opinion not fact.

Guest dog14787
Should the Bills have an asterisk next to the 4-0 record based upon the weak strength of schedule??

nawww, a big smiley face next to the record based upon how sweet it is :w00t:

Some folks will believe differently though, I'm sure.

Guest dog14787
And the winner of the stupidest thread goes to bluenews!!

'Nuff said.

doggonet, thats not fair, my "TE/ protect the baby" thread was by far the worst thread ever in case you have forgotten and I'm much more experienced at dishing out stupidity then most folks around here, geesh!!! :w00t:

ok,ok, excluding ieatcrayonz thats is, doggonit!! I just can't compete with crayonz

Should the Bills have an asterisk next to the 4-0 record based upon the weak strength of schedule??

I don't recall any apologies last year when teams beat up on the Bills who were pulling players off the street to cover injuries. I don't recall Denver and Dallas apologizing for kicking the winning points on the last play of the game. I don't recall any of the teams on our schedule NOT taking part in recent drafts to attempt to make themselves better. I don't think Jacksonville is "weak" when you consider they beat Indy on the road. I don't think Oakland looked "weak" yesterday when they were up 15-0 on San Diego.

It's hard to win in this league, especially on the road. But since these were easy games, sure go ahead and put your asterisk. All I know is, 4-0* looks MUCH better than 1-3.

doggonet, thats not fair, my "TE/ protect the baby" thread was by far the worst thread ever in case you have forgotten and I'm much more experienced at dishing out stupidity then most folks around here, geesh!!! :w00t:

ok,ok, excluding ieatcrayonz thats is, doggonit!! I just can't compete with crayonz

Accept defeat with dignity. Jack-Ass!

I may agree to an * next to the Bills 4-0 record ........ but

What goes next to the Titans 4-0 record???

The Bills have played Jags, Seahawks, Raiders, and Rams who have a combined record of 4 - 11

The only other AFC team at 4 - 0 is the Titans who have played the Jags, Bengles, Texans, and Vikes with a combined record of 3 - 12, do they get a **?

While we're assigning *'s let's assign one to Cincy's 0-4 record because they are obviously better than their record .... they've played the Ravens, Titans, Giants, and Browns with a combined record of 10 - 3.

Bottom line is ya gotta play who is on your schedule ..... win em all and you're a good team, lose em all and you stink.

Plain and simple

I think there should be an *. That way the rest of the league won't realize just how good the Bills are. They'll say,"Hey, they are 4-0*, but wait..there's an asterisk so the must not be that good." Then we'll win and be 5-0*...then 6-0*...then 7-0*.

I'm fine with that.

Also, the Jags are good. The 2 teams they've lost to are a combined 8-0...wait 8-0* leaving them 2-2...sorry...2-2*.

I think you see how :w00t: this is.

To me... this is 4-0*... but, 4-0 = 4-0* on paper. Which is all that counts.

It's like a good news bad news thing...

Seattle - 1-1 outside of our game (The team played very well & Seattle was supposed to be better)

Jax - 2-1 outside of our game (A quality W)

Oak - 1-2 outside of our game (though they played good against SD in defeat...)

StL - 0-3 outside of our game (a decent road Win...)

So, that's 4-0 vs teams that are a combined 4-7 not counting our wins...

Next week, it'll be interesting to see how they do against the Cardinals on the road. It's a long way to Arizona...

I'm beginning to wonder about the gameplanning... why do we always start out slow this season? At least their adjustments are working - and Trent is really pulling things together in the 4th.

For several years in a row, the Bills had one of the toughest schedules in the NFL. Has anyone suggested an "*" for their losing record during that period?

As far as I know, every team the Bills played is an NFL team. None of them are recent expansion teams. Two of them made the playoffs last year. Jacksonville beat the Colts two weeks ago.

Do I think the Bills are the best team in football, right now? Probably not the best, yet. But, I think they are one of the best teams in the league, and in the top 5 (easily) of the AFC, at the moment. They are a young team learning how to win, and learning it well. I'll proudly enjoy this 4-0 start, without asterisks or guilt.

Guest dog14787
For several years in a row, the Bills had one of the toughest schedules in the NFL. Has anyone suggested an "*" for their losing record during that period?

As far as I know, every team the Bills played is an NFL team. None of them are recent expansion teams. Two of them made the playoffs last year. Jacksonville beat the Colts two weeks ago.

Do I think the Bills are the best team in football, right now? Probably not the best, yet. But, I think they are one of the best teams in the league, and in the top 5 (easily) of the AFC, at the moment. They are a young team learning how to win, and learning it well. I'll proudly enjoy this 4-0 start, without asterisks or guilt.

With Deano chiming in, this thread is starting to make perfect sense :thumbdown:

Steely, just ask Deano who gets the ultimate stupid post trophy around here, he'll tell ya :blink:

I once argued with Deano and kelly the fair and balanced dog for hours in defense of another poster until I realized after reading the whole thread, there was no other poster to defend :lol:

It's all very simple.

So Far,

The Bills beat the Rams, who lost to the Seahawks, who lost to the 49'ers, who beat Seattle.

We beat Seattle, who lost to the 49'ers, who beat Seattle.

We beat Oakland, who beat Kansas City, who beat New England.

Next we face the Cardinals, who lost to the Jets, who lost to New England, who lost to Miami, who lost to the Cardinals.

After a bye, we face the Chargers, who lost to Denver, who lost to Kansas City, who lost to Oakland, who lost to us.