4-0*

bluenews

While we're assigning *'s let's assign one to Cincy's 0-4 record because they are obviously better than their record .... they've played the Ravens, Titans, Giants, and Browns with a combined record of 10 - 3.

The Bengals would be 0-4 regardless of who they've played.

For several years in a row, the Bills had one of the toughest schedules in the NFL. Has anyone suggested an "*" for their losing record during that period?

As far as I know, every team the Bills played is an NFL team. None of them are recent expansion teams. Two of them made the playoffs last year. Jacksonville beat the Colts two weeks ago.

Do I think the Bills are the best team in football, right now? Probably not the best, yet. But, I think they are one of the best teams in the league, and in the top 5 (easily) of the AFC, at the moment. They are a young team learning how to win, and learning it well. I'll proudly enjoy this 4-0 start, without asterisks or guilt.

Do you realize that 14 of the 16 games played by every team in the NFL has been set in stone since 2002? How have the Bills played a tough schedule? You play the Pats twice a year and that's it. While you guys play the 3rd or 4th place teams in the other 2 games, the Pats play the 1st place teams.

When was the last time you guys played the Colts? How about the Steelers? Was that 2005 when you lost to their backups at home?

The Bills are off to an excellent start this season. Enjoy it.

I think there should be an *. That way the rest of the league won't realize just how good the Bills are. They'll say,"Hey, they are 4-0*, but wait..there's an asterisk so the must not be that good." Then we'll win and be 5-0*...then 6-0*...then 7-0*.

I'm fine with that.

Also, the Jags are good. The 2 teams they've lost to are a combined 8-0...wait 8-0* leaving them 2-2...sorry...2-2*.

I think you see how :lol: this is.

CORRECT ANSWER!

:ph34r:

That's a tarded idea. Should the Bills get an * next to their recorded for the last few years, when they had very hard schedules? Well...this 8-8* really is a 12-4 because their schedule was the toughest in the league... :ph34r:

2007 SOS 0.539 (toughest in the league)

2006 SOS 0.477 (23rd toughest)

2005 SOS 0.531 (6th toughest)

2004 SOS (10th toughest)

Do you realize that 14 of the 16 games played by every team in the NFL has been set in stone since 2002? How have the Bills played a tough schedule? You play the Pats twice a year and that's it. While you guys play the 3rd or 4th place teams in the other 2 games, the Pats play the 1st place teams.

When was the last time you guys played the Colts? How about the Steelers? Was that 2005 when you lost to their backups at home?

The Bills are off to an excellent start this season. Enjoy it.

Uh, each year there's this thing called "Strength of Schedule". I'd post a link, but the fact that I'd have to implies you've never heard of it, thus, my time would be wasted. It's an official "stat" that's based on teams you play and....... why am I explaining this to a Pats fan????? Somebody else can do this......... Go Cassell!!

Uh, each year there's this thing called "Strength of Schedule". I'd post a link, but the fact that I'd have to implies you've never heard of it, thus, my time would be wasted. It's an official "stat" that's based on teams you play and....... why am I explaining this to a Pats fan????? Somebody else can do this......... Go Cassell!!

Here:

2008:

Bills SOS 27th toughest

Pats* SOS 32nd toughest (how they get to play the weakest schedule is beyond me. Oh, because they're the Pats*. Forgot.)

2007:

Bills SOS 2nd toughest

Pats* SOS 3rd toughest

2006:

Bills SOS 23rd toughest

Pats* SOS 26th toughest

2005:

Bills SOS 6th toughest

Pats* SOS 3rd toguhest

2004:

Bills SOS 10th toughest

Pats* SOS 7th toughest

So, basically, for the past 3 of 5 years, the Bills have had to play harder schedules than the Pats*. So, the Pats* really do deserve the *.

I still can't get over how the Pats*, after going 18-1 last year, were awarded the weakest schedule in the NFL this year. Brady probably blew Goodel or something.

I may agree to an * next to the Bills 4-0 record ........ but

What goes next to the Titans 4-0 record???

The Bills have played Jags, Seahawks, Raiders, and Rams who have a combined record of 4 - 11

The only other AFC team at 4 - 0 is the Titans who have played the Jags, Bengles, Texans, and Vikes with a combined record of 3 - 12, do they get a **?

While we're assigning *'s let's assign one to Cincy's 0-4 record because they are obviously better than their record .... they've played the Ravens, Titans, Giants, and Browns with a combined record of 10 - 3.

Bottom line is ya gotta play who is on your schedule ..... win em all and you're a good team, lose em all and you stink.

Plain and simple

Too true. I'm a little concerned until the Bills beat a few division opponents or a team like SD but you play who the schedule says you play.

For several years in a row, the Bills had one of the toughest schedules in the NFL. Has anyone suggested an "*" for their losing record during that period?

As far as I know, every team the Bills played is an NFL team. None of them are recent expansion teams. Two of them made the playoffs last year. Jacksonville beat the Colts two weeks ago.

Do I think the Bills are the best team in football, right now? Probably not the best, yet. But, I think they are one of the best teams in the league, and in the top 5 (easily) of the AFC, at the moment. They are a young team learning how to win, and learning it well. I'll proudly enjoy this 4-0 start, without asterisks or guilt.

They are learning well. The fourth quarter comebacks are teaching them that they are never out of a game. Is it just me or does the signing of Kawika Mitchell, a player who was on a team with that attitude last year is more than coincidence? I don't think he's the entire reason but I believe he's a big reason.

With Deano chiming in, this thread is starting to make perfect sense :ph34r:

Steely, just ask Deano who gets the ultimate stupid post trophy around here, he'll tell ya <_<

I once argued with Deano and kelly the fair and balanced dog for hours in defense of another poster until I realized after reading the whole thread, there was no other poster to defend :flirt:

Dude, let it go! YOU LOST!! nobody is saying that he is the overall champ just that this particular thread is the worst THREAD I've seen so far. :lol::wallbash::P

It's all very simple.

So Far,

The Bills beat the Rams, who lost to the Seahawks, who lost to the 49'ers, who beat Seattle.

We beat Seattle, who lost to the 49'ers, who beat Seattle.

We beat Oakland, who beat Kansas City, who beat New England.

Next we face the Cardinals, who lost to the Jets, who lost to New England, who lost to Miami, who lost to the Cardinals.

After a bye, we face the Chargers, who lost to Denver, who lost to Kansas City, who lost to Oakland, who lost to us.

Simple really. :ph34r:

Should the Bills have an asterisk next to the 4-0 record based upon the weak strength of schedule??

Don't be silly. Does ANY team do it? I can name NE as a team with an easy schedule the past 3 seasons, Indy and Jax took advantage, Steelers with 3 division teams, Denver etc etc

Take the wins and be happy.

And I believe it's

4-0 vs teams that are a combined 4-11