Ed Hochuli

valle7878

When is the NFL going to relieve this guy from his duties he sucks bad. I hope he doesn't do the super bowl this year.

I was at the Carolina/Atlanta game and had a great view of the call in question. Ed blew the call, plain and simple. Julius Peppers hit Falcons QB Matt Ryan as he threw the ball on his shoulder pad, not helmet-to-helmet. Bank of America Stadium only showed the reply once.

I was at the Carolina/Atlanta game and had a great view of the call in question. Ed blew the call, plain and simple. Julius Peppers hit Falcons QB Matt Ryan as he threw the ball on his shoulder pad, not helmet-to-helmet. Bank of America Stadium only showed the reply once.

big deal...

When is the NFL going to relieve this guy from his duties he sucks bad. I hope he doesn't do the super bowl this year.

I saw the Panthers/Falcons game and AGREE that Hochuli made a HORRENDOUS call. How do you take 6 points off of the board because of good, clean pressure by Peppers? That was an absolutely terrible call.

If he is the best, who is the worst?

The one who blew the forward pass call in the Tennessee game in '99. At least Hochuli was willing to step up and admit last week that he missed the call. The one today was bad, but in the heat of the game was probably borderline. With the NFL's new policy about protecting QBs from late/illegal hits, that borderline call in the heat of the moment is probably one that had to be made. I don't agree with it, and was wondering after looking at the replay how it could have been called, but at full speed, I can't say I wouldn't have thrown the flag. Hochuli is a solid ref and has been one of the better ones in the league for a while. Everyone misses calls once in a while. He just happens to have made two bad ones two weeks in a row.

If he is the best, who is the worst?

i dont know all their names but there are certainly worse refs in the league

Ed is gonna have every big call questioned now more then ever because of the bad call he made in Denver

I cannot believe the ineptitude of nfl referees. In the games I have watched this year they have called offsides or a variation of it incorrectly 40% of the time. How hard is it to look down the line and see which guy moved? The ravens beat the patriots last year if the dead ball foul was called correctly.

My firmly held opinion is that refs should be much younger than they are because there is overwhelming evidence that most refs do not have all of their faculties working for them. I mean to say it is not possible for a person with reasonable reaction time and vision to make the errors that NFL refs do.