The Maryland Terrapins 2008 football so far:

Week 1: They hold off Delaware 14-7

Week 2: They lose to Middle Tennessee State 24-14

Week 3: They upset California

Week 4: They defeat Eastern Michigan

Today: They Upset Clemson 20-17

Should the Terps be ranked now?

Guest Guest_zow2_*

Ralph Friedgen always has that team playing better in the 2nd half of the season.. Not sure why? Lately, they've always stumbled early in seasons and then beat teams you would not figure they could beat? Weird team.

Clemson - a lot of talent, mediocre coaching.

Too bad they just signed T Bowden to an extension also. When are they ever going to learn that he will never get them any farther then Peach Bowl & even that looks like a pipe dream right now.

The Maryland Terrapins 2008 football so far:

Week 1: They hold off Delaware 14-7

Week 2: They lose to Middle Tennessee State 24-14

Week 3: They upset California

Week 4: They defeat Eastern Michigan

Today: They Upset Clemson 20-17

Should the Terps be ranked now?

The ACC is pretty average this season. That's how I sum it up.

The ACC is pretty average this season. That's how I sum it up.

Thats pretty dead on. No team is standing out, and no team is without a major weakness or 2. Instead of subjecting the rest of the country to 2 early january blowouts, perhaps they can just schedule the ACC champ to play the Big Least champ in their BCS bowl.

Thats pretty dead on. No team is standing out, and no team is without a major weakness or 2. Instead of subjecting the rest of the country to 2 early january blowouts, perhaps they can just schedule the ACC champ to play the Big Least champ in their BCS bowl.

Don't get me wrong. There's some great opportunities for entertaining games in the ACC, such as NC State's big win over East Carolina. I watched that game from start to finish (I even tivo'd it and later recorded it to keep), and it was one of the best college games I've watched this year. Nice back and forth action w/ the game going down to the wire, much like the Pirates' win over Va Tech earlier this year.

Ralph Friedgen always has that team playing better in the 2nd half of the season.. Not sure why? Lately, they've always stumbled early in seasons and then beat teams you would not figure they could beat? Weird team.

Friedgen's teams are like Tommy Bowden's teams - always inconsistent. Frankly I don't see why all the hype about Ralphie. With the exception of 2006, his teams haven't shown much. He had three big years when he first got there, going a combined 31-8, but in the four years since he's had one winning season (06) and is 25-23 coming into this year.

And they got spanked by Virginia today, 31-0.

Friedgen's teams are like Tommy Bowden's teams - always inconsistent. Frankly I don't see why all the hype about Ralphie. With the exception of 2006, his teams haven't shown much. He had three big years when he first got there, going a combined 31-8, but in the four years since he's had one winning season (06) and is 25-23 coming into this year.

And they got spanked by Virginia today, 31-0.

His teams remind me of the Ravens and the Bengals. Friedgen is the offensive guru, yet the Terps steadily supply the NFL w/ quality defensive players (Madieu Williams, Shawne Merriman, E.J. Henderson) way more than offensive players.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.