Now we know why McCain's been hiding Sarah Palin from the press

JK2000

Well that's certainly an interesting take on that. Ever stop to ask why are you following this line of questioning, specifically the image of McCain letting the geisha out for a walk with the hoi poloi?

After all, despite her apparent stumbling on the answers, she is the only one of the four people on the ticket who has actually managed a budget, cut taxes and reduced expenditures against political opposition. This is not a discussion about her foreign policy credentials. Sounds like you value a polished answer to Katie Couric over actual accomplishments.

I wonder if you'd be bringing up he same questions if McCain had picked Bobby Jindal for Veep? What if Obama picked Kaine - would you make the same cracks that Obama let him out of the kitchen?

And here we go. To criticize Palin is to be sexist, right? I'm not the one keeping her from speaking to the press and doing interviews. And if Jindal sounded as completely in over his head as Palin does, you can bet I'd be hammering away at his responses, too. She didn't answer any of the questions in any way that would show she had a grasp of what she was spitting out of her mouth. That has nothing to do with her gender.

As for her record as a governor, the more you examine it the less likely you are of wanting her to run anything in an executive capacity.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's just face it people. The republican darling has lost her mojo and is completely out of her league. I am hoping for more interviews with her so that more people can see how useless she is.

And I like the "Oh and..." like the light bulb went off and she realized she missed a talking point. She made Katie Couric look like a tough interviewer.

And here we go. To criticize Palin is to be sexist, right? I'm not the one keeping her from speaking to the press and doing interviews. And if Jindal sounded as completely in over his head as Palin does, you can bet I'd be hammering away at his responses, too. She didn't answer any of the questions in any way that would show she had a grasp of what she was spitting out of her mouth. That has nothing to do with her gender.

As for her record as a governor, the more you examine it the less likely you are of wanting her to run anything in an executive capacity.

It's not the criticism, it's the manner of the criticism.

Well at least some people are coming to their senses. Like a conservative columnist at The National Review calling for Palin to step down after watching the interview.

http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=MDZiM...WMyYTUxZDkwNTE=

Palin’s recent interviews with Charles Gibson, Sean Hannity, and now Katie Couric have all revealed an attractive, earnest, confident candidate. Who Is Clearly Out Of Her League.

No one hates saying that more than I do. Like so many women, I’ve been pulling for Palin, wishing her the best, hoping she will perform brilliantly. I’ve also noticed that I watch her interviews with the held breath of an anxious parent, my finger poised over the mute button in case it gets too painful. Unfortunately, it often does. My cringe reflex is exhausted.

Palin filibusters. She repeats words, filling space with deadwood. Cut the verbiage and there’s not much content there. Here’s but one example of many from her interview with Hannity: “Well, there is a danger in allowing some obsessive partisanship to get into the issue that we’re talking about today. And that’s something that John McCain, too, his track record, proving that he can work both sides of the aisle, he can surpass the partisanship that must be surpassed to deal with an issue like this.”

When Couric pointed to polls showing that the financial crisis had boosted Obama’s numbers, Palin blustered wordily: “I’m not looking at poll numbers. What I think Americans at the end of the day are going to be able to go back and look at track records and see who’s more apt to be talking about solutions and wishing for and hoping for solutions for some opportunity to change, and who’s actually done it?”

If BS were currency, Palin could bail out Wall Street herself.

If Palin were a man, we’d all be guffawing, just as we do every time Joe Biden tickles the back of his throat with his toes. But because she’s a woman — and the first ever on a Republican presidential ticket — we are reluctant to say what is painfully true.

What to do?

McCain can’t repudiate his choice for running mate. He not only risks the wrath of the GOP’s unforgiving base, but he invites others to second-guess his executive decision-making ability. Barack Obama faces the same problem with Biden.

Only Palin can save McCain, her party, and the country she loves. She can bow out for personal reasons, perhaps because she wants to spend more time with her newborn. No one would criticize a mother who puts her family first.

Do it for your country.

Well at least some people are coming to their senses. Like a conservative columnist at The National Review calling for Palin to step down after watching the interview.

http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=MDZiM...WMyYTUxZDkwNTE=

Oh, those whiny liberals at the Bill Buckley's National Review, eh? <_<

Yeah, I am pretty conservative...and I like Gov. Palin...I think she is tough, she is a layman and I think she would make an excellent VP. She could really follow mccains lead and help him form coalitions and shake things up once in a while.

HOWEVER...although I think she makes a pretty good VP....I think it would be a disaster for her to be president. I was hoping she could "fake it till she made it"...but it is clear she is over her head.

So..as long as McCain is alive...McCain/Palin is my ticket..but it scares me to think she could be President.

Yeah, I am pretty conservative...and I like Gov. Palin...I think she is tough, she is a layman and I think she would make an excellent VP. She could really follow mccains lead and help him form coalitions and shake things up once in a while.

HOWEVER...although I think she makes a pretty good VP....I think it would be a disaster for her to be president. I was hoping she could "fake it till she made it"...but it is clear she is over her head.

So..as long as McCain is alive...McCain/Palin is my ticket..but it scares me to think she could be President.

The trouble with that is that the VP job is mostly about tie-breaking votes in the Senate, and waiting for the President to die.

Let's just face it people. The republican darling has lost her mojo and is completely out of her league. I am hoping for more interviews with her so that more people can see how useless she is.

And I like the "Oh and..." like the light bulb went off and she realized she missed a talking point. She made Katie Couric look like a tough interviewer.

Dude,

I think it is cool of you to show up in this thread with people making fun of gays in it left and right. You know who you are, you don't listen to them and you state your opinion. I think both Egyln and JK were out of line and I wondered if you were reading this. It is so cool that you just let it go past without being offended. They're not worth it.

I'm not sure what to think about Palin or Obama or McCain or Biden but it is just cool that you don't let all of the gay stuff bother you.

I'm not confused at all. She's done three soft interviews and has looked stupid in all three. You've added a comma into the transcript. Why? That wasn't how she framed that sentence when she spoke it. It was a moric run-on blurt of talking points that had nothing to do with the question that was asked. Not only didn't she answer the question, she couldn't form a coherent thought.

Editing the transcript to try and prove your "point" is pathetic...and pretty partisan for a poster who's trying to look like he's above it all.

<_< You've gotta be shitting me.

Please, show me where I've said what Sarah Palin said was anything but moronic. (I'll help: I called her a blathering idiot earlier in the thread.)

To repeat: you're arguing against a point I HAVE NOT MADE.

I was simply laughing at JK2000 for screwing up when he was laughing at Palin.

Relax. What are the chances of someone with a history of melanoma in his 70's taking on one of the most stressful jobs in the world ever becoming incapacitated? it'll never happen.

Relax. What are the chances of someone with a history of melanoma in his 70's taking on one of the most stressful jobs in the world ever becoming incapacitated? it'll never happen.

Obama is not that old and skin pigment does not matter in health. That is possibly the most racist post I have ever seen.

Obama is not that old and skin pigment does not matter in health. That is possibly the most racist post I have ever seen.

I may be wrong, but I think you are off target??? He was referring to McCain and cancer, not Obama's skin pigment. Take a deep breath and aim that thing before you fire.

P.S. I think it was sarcastic and that is the way I understood it.

:lol:

And if Obama dies? Can you stomach Joe "God-Damn those Indian bastards at the 7-11" Biden as your President?

Let's face it...anyone who's serious about this country will vote for ANYONE other than either of these candidates.

I may be wrong, but I think you are off target??? He was referring to McCain and cancer, not Obama's skin pigment. Take a deep breath and aim that thing before you fire.

P.S. I think it was sarcastic and that is the way I understood it.

Dude. Melanoma is skin pigment. Everyone has some but black people have way more than white people. As pasty as McCain is, he clearly has almost none.

If he meant skin cancer then he just made a mistake. Seratonin is the technical term for skin cancer. I am not sure I spelled it right.

Dude. Melanoma is skin pigment. Everyone has some but black people have way more than white people. As pasty as McCain is, he clearly has almost none.

If he meant skin cancer then he just made a mistake. Seratonin is the technical term for skin cancer. I am not sure I spelled it right.

Wrong

You are thinking of melanin, that is a substance that makes one's skin pigment darker.

Melanoma is a cancer. Get it straight! :lol:

Definition: http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/types/melanoma

Melanoma

Image of a physician consulting with a patient

In English En español

Related Pages

What You Need To Know About Moles

Information about common moles and dysplastic nevi, or atypical moles, including pictures and a discussion of how some moles may be related to melanoma. NIH Publication No. 99-3133

Skin Cancer Home Page

NCI's gateway for information about skin cancer.

PDQ® - NCI's Comprehensive Cancer Database

Full description of the NCI PDQ database.

General Cancer Resources

Coping with Cancer

Managing side effects and complications caused by cancer and its treatment.

Support and Resources

Information about cancer support organizations, finances, insurance, home care, and hospice care.

Educational Materials About Clinical Trials

Types of trials, how they work, risks and benefits of taking part.

Complementary and Alternative Medicine

Healing philosophies, approaches, and therapies used in addition to, or instead of, conventional cancer treatments.

Definition of melanoma: A form of cancer that begins in melanocytes (cells that make the pigment melanin). It may begin in a mole (skin melanoma), but can also begin in other pigmented tissues, such as in the eye or in the intestines.

P.S.

Serotonin is a substance used by the central nervous system to transmit messages sent by the brain. A lack of which can make one depressed. You at the very least are missing some since having some would give you the ability to do a simple online search giving you the correct definition transmitting it from your brain to your fingers to keep from them typing your stupidity.

Here is a hint, go eat a shroom and if you are lucky you will get some and type more intelligently.

:lol:

And if Obama dies? Can you stomach Joe "God-Damn those Indian bastards at the 7-11" Biden as your President?

Let's face it...anyone who's serious about this country will vote for ANYONE other than either of these candidates.

Are you referring to the credit card companies' whore in Delaware?

Actually I tend to think getting Biden out of the Senate and into the VP slot might be a public good.

P.S.

Serotonin is a substance used by the central nervous system to transmit messages sent by the brain. A lack of which can make one depressed. You at the very least are missing some since having some would give you the ability to do a simple online search giving you the correct definition transmitting it from your brain to your fingers to keep from them typing your stupidity.

Here is a hint, go eat a shroom and if you are lucky you will get some and type more intelligently.

Congrats, crayonz. Got another one. :lol: