Enough "It's too early" and "Not trying to get ahea

OCinBuffalo

(supposed to say "ahead of ourselves")

1. We can schit talk all we want, or piss and moan all we want, and we will still have the same effect we normally do = next to 0.

2. Due to number #1, we are allowed to think as big as we want. People, we need to be enjoying ourselves, not pretending like something we say/do may have an effect on game. So: screw it, I am saying right now that we are going to go 6-0, f the Chargers, and yes, I am looking past the pitiful Rams and Cards.

There is no reason for people to keep apologizing for being excited, getting ahead of themselves or anything else. Even if things don't work out, why would we want to pass up an opportunity to feel great, not just tentative, about our team, if nothing else while we can? What's the alternative? Bitching? The last 3 years on this board? No thank you. There's no reason for that stuff.

Besides, the players are focused and have the exact right mind set. I can say that definitively. I can because I talked to many of them at an undisclosed location on Sunday night. I got there totally by chance, I went there on my way home. As I was getting a drink, I suddenly realized what was happening. There were: 15-20 players on the team, a few girls, a few cops, one other fan, and me. Rather than getting into specifics, and because these guys weren't "working", just talking to a fan, I think this will suffice: I have been on a team like this, and all we did was fall one game short of winning everything. Talent wise we had no business being there, but we played/lived as team. Best team I have ever been on, ever. I got that same feeling being around the Bills for 2 hours on Sunday. These guys are focused: it was almost like they couldn't wait to tell me what they did right/wrong, and who blocked for who, and who the unsung guy was, etc. They have fun with each other, and are perhaps the most positive group of people I have had the pleasure of being around in years.

So lighten up, please, this team really is good, they really do have OBVIOUS character(I know I could end the Lynch debate permanently and immediately here, everywhere, with one sentence, but I'm not going to dignify it any further), and they are a great/funny bunch of guys. Again, not that it matters one way or the other what I say, but this team is for real, and that will be demonstrated on the field this year, just like it was both on and off the field Sunday. Individuals can still make mistakes, but I sincerely doubt it, because it's clear these guys don't want to let each other down.

Individuals can still make mistakes, but I sincerely doubt it, because it's clear these guys don't want to let each other down.

Except Peters, who had no problem letting the whole team down all summer long.

Otherwise, 'spot-on', OCinBuffTown! Most excellent observations. :lol:

(They also get together for team meetings every Monday night at the nearby home of certain undisclosed player who apparently was a 'reach' at #8, and probably adjourn to the same bar afterwards.)

No one's gonna tell me to curb my enthusiasm for this edition of the Bills - it's the best we've had in years and will not only make the playoffs, but go farther than most ever even dreamed. And the crap about 'who have we played so far?' Gimme a break - the Bills are also improving every week, learning how to win, how to come from behind, handle adversity, developing more and more confidence in themselves and each other. Even Peters will contribute, eventually.

We're witnessing the beginning of the next Buffalo Bills Football Dynasty before our very eyes...

19 and 0 baby!!! :thumbsup:

GO BILLSSS!!!!

PosLUSZny!!!!! B-)

I have been on a team like this, and all we did was fall one game short of winning everything. Talent wise we had no business being there, but we played/lived as team. Best team I have ever been on, ever. I got that same feeling being around the Bills for 2 hours on Sunday. These guys are focused: it was almost like they couldn't wait to tell me what they did right/wrong, and who blocked for who, and who the unsung guy was, etc. They have fun with each other, and are perhaps the most positive group of people I have had the pleasure of being around in years.

Runners up in the Tuesday bowling league huh? Just kidding, I do think this team is special. I said it in another post that we all will be talking about 2008 for a long time. It will be a reference point for, pre 2008 and post 2008, if you will. I'm just glad my son is old enough (11) to appreciate it. You weren't the sucker that bought the $125 shot were you?

OC you infidel!

"Oliver's Woofing Theorem states, in a nutshell, that in any given

athletic competition (team, individual, amatuer, professional), the

team/player who is the most over-hyped/over-praised by his/her/its

fans/supporters is doomed to LOSE the competition. For example, if

immediately preceding a game between the Seattle Mariners and the

Toronto Blue Jays, two Blue Jay's fans state that "Toronto will kick

ass", while only one Seattle fan makes a similar claim, then Seattle

is guaranteed a win by the ubiquitious and omnipresent Gods of Woofing."

http://homepages.cae.wisc.edu/~dwilson/rsfc/Woof.html

OC you infidel!

"Oliver's Woofing Theorem states, in a nutshell, that in any given

athletic competition (team, individual, amatuer, professional), the

team/player who is the most over-hyped/over-praised by his/her/its

fans/supporters is doomed to LOSE the competition. For example, if

immediately preceding a game between the Seattle Mariners and the

Toronto Blue Jays, two Blue Jay's fans state that "Toronto will kick

ass", while only one Seattle fan makes a similar claim, then Seattle

is guaranteed a win by the ubiquitious and omnipresent Gods of Woofing."

http://homepages.cae.wisc.edu/~dwilson/rsfc/Woof.html

:rolleyes:

I have been on a team like this, and all we did was fall one game short of winning everything. Talent wise we had no business being there, but we played/lived as team. Best team I have ever been on, ever. I got that same feeling being around the Bills for 2 hours on Sunday. These guys are focused: it was almost like they couldn't wait to tell me what they did right/wrong, and who blocked for who, and who the unsung guy was, etc. They have fun with each other, and are perhaps the most positive group of people I have had the pleasure of being around in years.

So you were on a professional football team before? Just kidding guy, you just came off a little pompous with a line like that. I am very happy though that there are plenty of fans out there that are showing so much excitement and enthusiasm for this team. It's great, especially since I haven't seen such in a loooooooong time. But as today's injury to Roscoe shows, anything can happen in the next 14 weeks. One of those two sack/fumbles JP let up on Edwards on Sunday could have easily been a knockout blow, a la Tom Brady. We just don't know what will happen. I am loving every minute of the past 3 weeks, but at the same time I am waiting for the floor to fall out. Three wins doesn't guarantee us anything, other than the fact that we'll be drafting no higher than #3 next year!

And what do you mean "one statement and I could dispel all Marshawn" stuff? Was he there, and did he say anything to you? What? I'm lost...