Take them all seriously

Commentary-

With a nice start for our beloved team and sitting nicely at 3-0, it is easy to think we can and will roll over every weak team now on our schedule. I have tickets to the Bills/Rams game, and again am not thinking this will be a slaughter, but have quiet faith we will win the game. St. louis still has some serious talent on offense, and if the Bills offense plays as poorly(3 qtrs) as they did this past sunday, this game might turn out to be a disappointment and a loss for the Bills. St. louis has far more talent and experience than the Raiders, and being a game on the road, could spell trouble.

I am not suggesting the Rams are one play away from being good, but our Bills still show a lot of areas that need some serious improvement before I see them as a top conference team. Don't get me wrong, this team is a playoff team, but we are some strategy, run blocking, line backing depth, and a receiving corps deep ball threat away from being the top team.

Lets face it, any team is capable of beating the other, I just hope this young team plays each week to the best of its ability, and we take each opponent very seriously.

Commentary-

With a nice start for our beloved team and sitting nicely at 3-0, it is easy to think we can and will roll over every weak team now on our schedule. I have tickets to the Bills/Rams game, and again am not thinking this will be a slaughter, but have quiet faith we will win the game. St. louis still has some serious talent on offense, and if the Bills offense plays as poorly(3 qtrs) as they did this past sunday, this game might turn out to be a disappointment and a loss for the Bills. St. louis has far more talent and experience than the Raiders, and being a game on the road, could spell trouble.

I am not suggesting the Rams are one play away from being good, but our Bills still show a lot of areas that need some serious improvement before I see them as a top conference team. Don't get me wrong, this team is a playoff team, but we are some strategy, run blocking, line backing depth, and a receiving corps deep ball threat away from being the top team.

Lets face it, any team is capable of beating the other, I just hope this young team plays each week to the best of its ability, and we take each opponent very seriously.

Don't kid yourself; good teams always beat the bad ones, esp when it counts. We should beat them easily if the line shows up to pass and run block. Faders were almost handed a game.

Commentary-

This game concerns me for some reason. Question to TSW readers: Didn't Trent Green come in as a replacement for someone previously and beat up on the Bills in a prior season? Possibly with KC? I can't remember exactly, but it seems to me he kicked our ass sometime in the last couple of years.

Really?? Care to explain, or even compare their QB, receiving, RBs, and O'line side by side? Since you have absolutely nothing to back up your useless post, thanks for the bump.

Oakland is a much better team than their record shows, you only had to watch Sunday's game to see they're no slouch.

The Raiders beat the Rams in every offensive and defensive stat except for penalties, so not sure where you perceive Rams as being better in any respect.

This game concerns me for some reason. Question to TSW readers: Didn't Trent Green come in as a replacement for someone previously and beat up on the Bills in a prior season? Possibly with KC? I can't remember exactly, but it seems to me he kicked our ass sometime in the last couple of years.

Trent Green's history against Buffalo:

2002: Chiefs 17, Bills 16 - mediocre day passing, but ran for the winning TD in the fourth quarter.

2003: Chiefs 38, Bills 5 - 20-35, 275 yards, 2 TDs in primetime buttkicking.

2005: Bills 14, Chiefs 3 - Sacked 6 times and threw 3 picks.

2007: Miami - already gone for the year by the time the Bills played them.

He started each of those Chiefs games.

Oakland is a much better team than their record shows, you only had to watch Sunday's game to see they're no slouch.

The Raiders beat the Rams in every offensive and defensive stat except for penalties, so not sure where you perceive Rams as being better in any respect.

I am comparing:

1. a pro bowl QB to a lousy Jamarcus Russell

2. a pro bowl RB to an unproven and injured Raider RB corps

3. a Raider O'line that made the '05 Bills O'line look like the Hogs

4. Holt & company to the Raiders grab bag of useless Wr's

My point is simple. This Ram team has proven it can score in years past, the raiders have proven Jrussell and their game plan reeked of a fairchild/holcomb outing.

I never mentioned defense.

Really?? Care to explain, or even compare their QB, receiving, RBs, and O'line side by side? Since you have absolutely nothing to back up your useless post, thanks for the bump.

Experience doesn't mean they're good. Look at the defense. The average NFL experience of their starting 11 defenders is 5.8 years and they've given up an average of 39 points.

I agree. The Raiders are a pretty good team, they will be very good in the next couple years. I didn't have a good feeling about last week, as I knew it would be a closer game than many expected. I would have taken the points if I were a gambling man. But this Rams team is weak and are no where near being a good team, so I expect the Bills to play well and win by a couple scores. The Rams have scored 29 points in 3 weeks, I think the defense will shut them down. I also believe the offense will rack up the rushing yards this week. GO BILLS!!!

A Raider O'line that helped the team rush for 300 yards against the Chefs....

I am comparing:

My point is simple. This Ram team has proven it can score in years past, the raiders have proven Jrussell and their game plan reeked of a fairchild/holcomb outing.

Has the 2008 version of the rams shown that they can score? 29 points and 600 total yards in 3 games says otherwise. As was said yesterday, trent green hasnt played in a year and is one solid hit from being taken off the field in a body bag. The rams OL is in shambles. And who exactly is Holt's company? I'll leave out the fact that Holt was once a great WR, but now is 32 and his YPC have declined steadily the past 4 seasons. As for his "company," Donnie Avery, Drew Bennett, Dante Hall and Dane Looker really dont scare anyone.

I am comparing:

1. a pro bowl QB to a lousy Jamarcus Russell - Their Pro Bowl QB was benched

2. a pro bowl RB to an unproven and injured Raider RB corps - Their Pro Bowl running back is currently ranked #26 and the unproven/injured dude is #9

3. a Raider O'line that made the '05 Bills O'line look like the Hogs - I thought we were talking about the Rams vs Raiders. The RAMs OL has allowed 11 sacks and their offense is statistically at the bottom (#31), whereas the Raiders are #21.

4. Holt & company to the Raiders grab bag of useless Wr's - Ok, for some reason, the Raiders won't let Russell throw the ball, but it's pretty obvious the man has a good arm, as witnessed by the perfect TD throw to Higgins last Sunday. Yes, the Rams have a better passing game.

interesting way to make your point :lol:

never mentioned defense, sounds like a personal problem to me...

Has the 2008 version of the rams shown that they can score? 29 points and 600 total yards in 3 games says otherwise. As was said yesterday, trent green hasnt played in a year and is one solid hit from being taken off the field in a body bag. The rams OL is in shambles. And who exactly is Holt's company? I'll leave out the fact that Holt was once a great WR, but now is 32 and his YPC have declined steadily the past 4 seasons. As for his "company," Donnie Avery, Drew Bennett, Dante Hall and Dane Looker really dont scare anyone.

Valid points and I don't disagree one bit. I'd still hold that mess in higher regard than the horse fodder the Bills faced last sunday. My original point was that they(Rams) are still an NFL team, and the Bills need to approach the game with as much ferocity as if they were still the greatest show on turf. Most of the fans here in Nashville Bills Backers club were a little surprised at how close this game was.

But given the points you made it is very unlikely they will play very good, but not impossible that won't be trying to win and play to previous capability.

I am comparing:

Many years past. They were 28th in scoring last year, five spots behind Oakland. And that was with Isaac Bruce, not Dane Looker, starting opposite Torry Holt.

As someone living in STL and privy to the Rams' problems, let me say that this season's team is completely inept in just about every aspect outside of the kicking game. The offensive line is terrible, Stephen Jackson runs like a p*ssy, Holt is old, and the rest of the receivers couldn't catch a cold. The defense is just as bad, the d-line gets no real pressure, the linebackers stink, and the DB's can't cover dick.

While I do believe that in the NFL, more than any other league, any squad can beat any other squad given the right circumstances, the Bills should destroy the Rams.

interesting way to make your point :rolleyes:

never mentioned defense, sounds like a personal problem to me...

It is a discussion forum, where I posted my opinion, and opened up my views for all to debate, pro or con. While I see this game as a possible trap is MY opinion, I enjoy reading other points to argue and debate.

Your insults are purely childish and completely de-value any point you were trying to make.

Seriously <_<

Many years past. They were 28th in scoring last year, five spots behind Oakland. And that was with Isaac Bruce, not Dane Looker, starting opposite Torry Holt.

Not to mention that the Rams O-Line is an absolute joke. THEY if anyone make even the Raiders O-Line look like the Hogs. Why do you think Bulger is on the bench now? It's not nearly as much his fault as it is the 5 guys in front of him IMO.