I heard Colin Cowherd today say that Trent Edwards

It will take Trent much longer to get the big time attention that some other quarterbacks get, simply because he doesn't have a "cannon" arm (the dreaded c-word).

Seriously, picture Cutler after 12 games. Do you think he was further along than Trent is now? Before you answer, please consider the team Cutler was playing for, and who was coaching the Broncos. I saw Cutler at RWS and he certainly does have the arm to make every throw, yet there is so much more to being a great qb.

I really don't care at all if Trent gets as much media hype as certain other qbs. As for Trent vs. Cutler? I am not going to get into which one I prefer, but here's a clue.....his initials are T.E.

BTW, when I said "But, if your point is Trent is getting noticed...", I meant the original poster's point, not yours. I wasn't clear at all, though.

As for your post here, I agree with everything you say.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He said it conversationally, not as though it was some kind of stretch or big statement. He was talking about how difficult it will be for the Pats* this season and how they got worse while other teams got better.

This might have been said .. No time to read 3 pages ...

He also rates Jay Cutler as one of the TOP 5.

Sorry I don't agree that Jay is that good.

Gotta disagree with a lot of ur top ten Mine would go

1. Tom Brady (even though hes hurt hes still the best in the business)

2. Peyton Manning (Are we really demoting this guy 3 weeks into the year?)

3. Donovan McNabb (when hes healthy, and he is now there arent much better)

4. Big Ben (a bad line will get him pounded this year but hes a grade A QB)

5. Drew Brees

6. Jay Cutler (the smitch has been flipped with this guys)

7. Eli Manning

8. Phillip Rivers (even though I hate this guy hes playing at a real high level)

9. Carson Palmer (he hasnt played well in nearly a full season now)

10 Brett Favre (ESPN would have you believe that last year was the only season of Bretts career and that the three seasons before that one where he sucked didnt exist)

So no I dont put Trent here yet but hes very capable of passing Favre and Palmer thsi year. He would need to do it for longer to move much furthur up the ladder.

I disagree with any list which rates Brett Favre as being better than Aaron Rodgers. Favre has had a Hall of Fame career, but how good is he right now? Do you honestly believe Green Bay would win more games this year if it was Favre instead of Rodgers at QB? I think that having Rodgers under center gets the Packers at least one extra win.

I also noticed you left Tony Romo off your list, and I cannot agree with that. Tony Romo is better (IMO) than Drew Brees, Big Ben, and probably a few other guys on that list.

I Knew All along Trent had what it took. While it was hard to break down on film, do to playing behind a turnstile offensive line. You could clearly see he had the mechanics and awareness to succeed as a quarterback in the pros. With solid protection, a good group of receivers and Marshawn Lynch Trent Edwards has quickly established himself under Coach Dick Jauron. As someone who evaluates these guys from college for a living it's good to be right every now and again. Meanwhile I'm back to breaking down film, and studying tendancies for the 09 draft. Join me on NFL Network College Football Now. See just who your team may be drafting next year.

Oh puke. You didn't "know" anything. "Due" you mean you saw things you liked and felt they would translate to future success?

Watching the O-line last year, I couldn't remember the last time I saw a Bills QB given that much time to throw.

I understand plugging your site, but just throwing things out there a la Marshall Faulk's left tackle comment is going to keep people away.