Love this quote!

afrodziak

“At the end of that play, I wouldn’t have taken the guy down if he wasn’t taunting,” Whitner said after the game. “I would have went to my sideline. But when you start taunting us 20, 15 yards from the end zone, then you’re telling me that you need somebody to hit you so you don’t do things like that.”

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/billsnfl/story/446008.html

I mean no one wants a penalty but that's the sort of attitude we need on the team this year - dont take no sh-- from no one!!

“At the end of that play, I wouldn’t have taken the guy down if he wasn’t taunting,” Whitner said after the game. “I would have went to my sideline. But when you start taunting us 20, 15 yards from the end zone, then you’re telling me that you need somebody to hit you so you don’t do things like that.”

I mean no one wants a penalty but that's the sort of attitude we need on the team this year - dont take no sh-- from no one!!

" Its about time this team has a little swagger , its also time to get a mean streak, take out years of frustration on the remaining opponents this season. I love what Whitner did, the Buffalo Bills are no longer gonna be the NFL's doormat, get up and punch them in the face!...these Bills just may be for real."

:lol: :lol: :lol::thumbsup: :thumbsup: :lol:

" Its about time this team has a little swagger , its also time to get a mean streak, take out years of frustration on the remaining opponents this season. I love what Whitner did, the Buffalo Bills are no longer gonna be the NFL's doormat, get up and punch them in the face!...these Bills just may be for real."

I agree 100% for a change.

In Whitners case.....the way he saw it.........he probably wanted to yell.....

"WE MUST PROTECT THIS HOUSE"

And he did.

:devil:

We could have Brady too.....or Romo.....or Edwards.....or Brees......or......wait a minute......we have Edwards :huh:

" but did any of those players get a ringing endorsement from the late great Bill Walsh?"....i think Trent is the perfect quarterback for our team, his teammates seem to rally around him as our true on the field leader...sorry J.P......"

" but did any of those players get a ringing endorsement from the late great Bill Walsh?"....i think Trent is the perfect quarterback for our team, his teammates seem to rally around him as our true on the field leader...sorry J.P......"

I was and still am a JP supporter, and I still want to see him succeed, but with the rise of Trent, I wish him the best, as we are now going down the road with Trent as our team's QB of the future. I am pretty sure JP won't be with the Bills next year, and I would love to see him get a chance to develop while it's still not too late. He really did get a raw deal here, (idiot Mularky, dumba$$ Fairchild, lack of talent, and the worst offensive line in NFL history at the time)

I wager that the entire sideline saw that and appreciated it for him!!! :D Some might say that the 14 yd Parrish TD was the game changer but IMHO, Whitner's take no sh-- attitude was it. :worthy:

What made me angry is Jauron's comments regarding this in his post game PC. He didn't like it and hoped that Donte wouldn't repeat it. :nana:

What made me angry is Jauron's comments regarding this in his post game PC. He didn't like it and hoped that Donte wouldn't repeat it. :nana:

Whatever a member of a professional football organization tells the media, the opposite is probably true. I'm sure Dick J talked to Whitner about taking a stupid 15-yard penalty, and I'm sure Whitner told Dick J he refuses to stand for that guy's b.s. taunting, and both probably agreed with each other.

Jauron MUST crack down on an intentional unsportsmanlike play in public. It was a personal foul and he can't say that he was happy Whitner did it, even if he kinda was.

How many pro-bowl quality safeties were available at the end of the third round in 2007?

The other thing people forget is that we had an investment in JPL and a new GM & HC. JPL showed legit potential.....it would have been an interesting move to select a QB at the #8 spot when we not only had so many other areas of dire need but also a 1st round QB potential starter already on the roster in JPL

I wager that the entire sideline saw that and appreciated it for him!!! :D Some might say that the 14 yd Parrish TD was the game changer but IMHO, Whitner's take no sh-- attitude was it. :worthy:

When it happened I said to the kids and the other guys watching the game that the penalty was worth it because it would fire the guys up. They all said that it caused off setting penalties, etc. but I told them that the decision by Witner was going to win the game. Me, Mr. Negative as they call me, was actually saying that because of a penalty by us on a touchdown run by them was going to turn us around was perposterous.

As for Jauron"s comments, he has to say that but I'm betting that he is thanking Donte all the way,....... on the inside.