Love this quote!

afrodziak

In all honesty, from what I saw, if Whitner didn't hit Higgins, then Oakland wouldn't have been flagged either. So either way, neither team would have been affected.

Probably. Even if they weren't flagged, not all personal fouls are equally damaging. I mean, a 3rd down foul on defense is killer. Having them kickoff from the 45 and bomming it into the endzone isn't a big deal since we were starting at the 20 on every possession anyway. Not that Whitner was thinking about any of this stuff at the time, but whatever...

I like it a whole lot better than that Warren Sapp water bottle incident in Tampa a few years ago when all our guys sat around doing nothing.

I live in the Bay Area, and happened to be listening to a local sports station on Monday when they were talking about the Raiders and potential firing of their HC. Even these guys brought this up and said Whitner did the right thing, and Higgins should not be acting like a hot dog. According to them, Higgins got what he deserved and they have a lot of respect for Whitner for standing up for his team.

I was and still am a JP supporter, and I still want to see him succeed, but with the rise of Trent, I wish him the best, as we are now going down the road with Trent as our team's QB of the future. I am pretty sure JP won't be with the Bills next year, and I would love to see him get a chance to develop while it's still not too late. He really did get a raw deal here, (idiot Mularky, dumba$$ Fairchild, lack of talent, and the worst offensive line in NFL history at the time)

IMO either jump on the wagon that works or throw a pity party. I too had hopes for J.P. once upon a time. At some point, you have to cut your losses and move on. If you need someone to talk to, we're here...