(ot) Has anyone ever had a tooth pulled?

njsue

I think they gave me the option, as I'm a complete wimp, I chose unconsciousness.  I remember it well, "Ok, count backwards from ten...." 10..9...8.......7.... and I was in bed at home.

-Jeff

81641[/snapback]

I am too (especially with dental stuff) and would've taken the knockout juice. :devil:

Oh well.

CW

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am too (especially with dental stuff) and would've taken the knockout juice. :devil:

Oh well.

CW

81643[/snapback]

I had to have one of those gum scraping things done once. IV sedation. I highly recommend. Highly. I vaguely remember having a very animated conversation with everyone around when we were done-no one payed the slightest bit of attention to me. Sort of like here. Anyway, I was a happy cowboy, and my healing process went faster since I wasn't so tense for the surgery (I have a typical three points of contact in the dentists chair- two elbows and a tailbone).

My wife went to the dentist last week and got some bad news. He found a lump in her breast but the good news was he only charged her for one filling.

81647[/snapback]

:devil: That's pretty cold. Reason to stick to novocaine, though.

I've had lot's of teeth pulled, including three eyeteeth by an incompetent old dentist I went to as a kid. They came in WAY out of position, but a competent dentist would have pulled another tooth instead, to let the eyeteeth move into position. I had a partially impacted wisdom tooth. It came in at a wild angle and a piece of gum was stretched over the top of it. Food was getting trapped under the gum and rotting the tooth out. The dentist (a competent one this time) had to cut the gum and use an instrument to break the to0oth into pieces, and extract it a piece at a time. That was really fun! I also had a root canal from a dentist who weighed over 400lbs and had hands like hams jammed in my mouth.

I've had lot's of teeth pulled, including three eyeteeth by an incompetent old dentist I went to as a kid......I also had a root canal from a dentist who weighed over 400lbs and had hands like hams jammed in my mouth.

81793[/snapback]

At least my dentist seems competent, is cute, AND has pretty eyes. :devil:

Still doesn't mean I like going ot the dentist though. :)

CW

I was completely out of it when I was leaving the oral surgeon's office. I had all four yanked in one go.  Like you said, they had knocked me out.. I was in a state of "just coming too" while we were getting in the car.

I don't remember this at all, but my wife tells me... I looked at the nurse that was helping us out to the car... snapped my fingers at her until I got her attention.... and then pointed down to my "part" and winked at her.

I laugh my ass off every time I tell that story.

-Jeff

81628[/snapback]

I had all 4 wisdom teeth pulled at once and was knocked out. My father drove me there and the first thing I remember saying to him after coming to was "I can drive home, I've been a lot drunker than this!" :):devil: