(ot) Has anyone ever had a tooth pulled?

njsue

I went through the agony of getting a mollar pulled. The cause was a wisdom tooth pushing into the mollar in front which was decayed. OH THE PAIN! :)

How long will it be until the mollar area is completely healed?

When were anyone of you able to eat normally?

Thanks for the comments :devil:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I went through the agony of getting a mollar pulled. The cause was a wisdom tooth pushing into the mollar in front which was decayed. OH THE PAIN! :)

How long will it be until the mollar area is completely healed?

When were anyone of you able to eat normally?

Thanks for the comments :)

81478[/snapback]

I had 4 wisdom teeth removed. Luckily, they put me out. :) I remember waking up in the recovery room and asking my poor Dad if the doctor kept my teeth for me. He had to go ask the doctor to pull them out of the disposal bin. :devil:

It takes a while to heal, but I was eating normally within 24 hours.

I had 4 wisdom teeth removed. Luckily, they put me out.  :) I remember waking up in the recovery room and asking my poor Dad if the doctor kept my teeth for me. He had to go ask the doctor to pull them out of the disposal bin.  :devil:

81483[/snapback]

Why did you want to keep your teeth?????

My dentist showed me the mollar that was so bad. Asked me if I wanted the tooth I have had for 33 years. No way.

I just hate pain. He gave me 3 needles. But, the worst part was hearing him yank the tooth out. :devil:

I had 4 wisdom teeth removed. Luckily, they put me out.  :) I remember waking up in the recovery room and asking my poor Dad if the doctor kept my teeth for me. He had to go ask the doctor to pull them out of the disposal bin.  :devil:

81483[/snapback]

Do you not chew on that side?

Do you not chew on that side?

81489[/snapback]

Since it was all 4 I just took little bites and chewed them with the front teeth. Two of the teeth were semi-impacted and he had to put a couple of stitches in. Getting the stitches removed made me wince a little. :devil:

I left work early on wednesday to have an emergency oral surgery done.

Damn I was in fugging pain. Shooting pain up to my right temple.

The dentist gave me prescription motrin. WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :devil:

I left work early on wednesday to have an emergency oral surgery done.

Damn I was in fugging pain. Shooting pain up to my right temple.

The dentist gave me prescription motrin. WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :devil:

81503[/snapback]

I had Tylenol w/ Codeine. :)

My sister got a really bad infection when she had hers taken out and she wasn't allowed to eat solid food for over a week.

81499[/snapback]

War stories. I spent a week in the hospital one time because the lame assed dentist sewed infected tissue back into my head after a wisdom teeth pull. Caused a brain abcsess. IC for three days. For a friggen tooth.

Good way to lose weight though, live on liquids for a few days. Even after all that, I was back to solid foods in about 3-4 days.

I had all 4 wisdom teeth removed when I was in highschool. Unlike CL, I was awake through the whole thing and it *sucked.* :) All I remember was tooth dust flying out of my mouth as they drilled it through. My mouth hurts just thinking about it. :)

That said, it took about a week before I could eat real food. Not fun.... :) But my parents did buy me a lot of milk shakes which was cool :devil:

CW

War stories. I spent a week in the hospital one time because the lame assed dentist sewed infected tissue back into my head after a wisdom teeth pull. Caused a brain abcsess. IC for three days. For a friggen tooth.

81508[/snapback]

Damn! :devil:

Good way to lose weight though, live on liquids for a few days. Even after all that, I was back to solid foods in about 3-4 days.

81508[/snapback]

I had a friend whose cousin's wife had two wisdom teeth pulled and she bled so much they had to strap her to the dentist's chair and turn it upside down to get blood to her head, and hold her there for seven hours.

The only thing they could do was feed her ice cream and wait for the bleeding to stop.