(ot) Has anyone ever had a tooth pulled?

njsue

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had 4 wisdom teeth removed. Luckily, they put me out.  :) I remember waking up in the recovery room and asking my poor Dad if the doctor kept my teeth for me. He had to go ask the doctor to pull them out of the disposal bin.  :devil:

It takes a while to heal, but I was eating normally within 24 hours.

81483[/snapback]

I was completely out of it when I was leaving the oral surgeon's office. I had all four yanked in one go. Like you said, they had knocked me out.. I was in a state of "just coming too" while we were getting in the car.

I don't remember this at all, but my wife tells me... I looked at the nurse that was helping us out to the car... snapped my fingers at her until I got her attention.... and then pointed down to my "part" and winked at her.

I laugh my ass off every time I tell that story.

-Jeff

I was completely out of it when I was leaving the oral surgeon's office. I had all four yanked in one go.  Like you said, they had knocked me out.. I was in a state of "just coming too" while we were getting in the car.

I don't remember this at all, but my wife tells me... I looked at the nurse that was helping us out to the car... snapped my fingers at her until I got her attention.... and then pointed down to my "part" and winked at her.

I laugh my ass off every time I tell that story.

-Jeff

Ok, I'm coming to the conclusion that my parents picked a REALLY crappy dentist for me... Everyone else was knocked out, I was awake (and cringing) through the whole thing -- all I got was novacain (or some similar injection in the gums). :devil:

No wonder I have a strong fear of going to dentists nowadays. :)

CW

Ok, I'm coming to the conclusion that my parents picked a REALLY crappy dentist for me...  Everyone else was knocked out, I was awake (and cringing) through the whole thing -- all I got was novacain (or some similar injection in the gums).  :devil:

No wonder I have a strong fear of going to dentists nowadays. :)

CW

81633[/snapback]

I think they gave me the option, as I'm a complete wimp, I chose unconsciousness. I remember it well, "Ok, count backwards from ten...." 10..9...8.......7.... and I was in bed at home.

-Jeff