Happy B-Day U.S. Constitution

Taro T

The Demoncrats burned it 1916 and it was the conservatives who tried to keep it alive, but it is a nursing home on life support.

God bless those Conservatives then, because it was the Republicans who stole all of her money and then stuck her in a nursing home. Her will asked for a dignified death of her own choosing when it was clear she was past saving...

The Demoncrats burned it 1916 and it was the conservatives who tried to keep it alive, but it is a nursing home on life support.

Lol. :pirate:

Compare the values of a 1916 Democrat to those of a 2008 Democrat. They have no resmblence to each other at all. Same thing with Republicans. Both parties have changed 100%.

But go on thinking you know anything. It's funny.

The Demoncrats burned it 1916

Can you explain that? What did Wilson do in 1916 that killed it? (the FED was created in 1913, Federal Trade and Antitrust act are from 1914....). Only important act in 1916 was the Adamson Act and i don't know how the 8 hours workday in railroads killed the Constitution...

Can you explain that? What did Wilson do in 1916 that killed it? (the FED was created in 1913, Federal Trade and Antitrust act are from 1914....). Only important act in 1916 was the Adamson Act and i don't know how the 8 hours workday in railroads killed the Constitution...

I bet the RR Union workers made Wilson burn te Constitution! Another reason to hate the commie Unions!

Lol. :thumbsup:

Compare the values of a 1916 Democrat to those of a 2008 Democrat. They have no resmblence to each other at all. Same thing with Republicans. Both parties have changed 100%.

But go on thinking you know anything. It's funny.

Never said they did. But go on thinking I was making a comparison of Dems in the 1910's and now. It's funny.

Strangely though it was through the Dems that the most destruction came unto the country, and they became the springboard to the eradication of conservatism in this country as I don't consider 99% of elected Republicans "conservative" with a big taxes/big spending mentality while preaching the contrary.

That's because the majority of the French are idiots. If the shoe fits...

If you knew anything the Brushaber v. Union Pacific Railroad case solidified the income tax as a punishable offense whereby they could take property without due process. The 16th Amendment in 1913 wasn't considered that big of a deal until implemented. People thought they could fight against it. They were wrong. Judges began to fight for the power of the Feds to tax anything they saw fit (illegal) and then take property (illegal).

Here is what Mr. Justice Butler argued in 1926:

It was not the purpose or the effect of that amendment to bring any new subject within the taxing power. Congress already had the power to tax all incomes. But taxes on incomes from some sources had been held to be "direct taxes" within the meaning of the constitutional requirement as to apportionment. [cites omitted] The Amendment relieved from that requirement and obliterated the distinction in that respect between taxes on income that are direct taxes and those that are not, and so put on the same basis all incomes "from whatever source derived". [cites omitted] "Income" has been taken to mean the same thing as used in the Corporation Excise Tax of 1909 (36 Stat. 112), in the Sixteenth Amendment, and in the various revenue acts subsequently passed. [cites omitted] After full consideration, this court declared that income may be defined as gain derived from capital, from labor, or from both combined, including profit gained through sale or conversion of capital.

The plan was in 1913 with the 16th Amendment and to quote Woodrow Wilson: "I am a most unhappy person. I have unwittingly ruined my country." While that quote is disputed it has been verified to be mostly accurate.

That's because the majority of the French are idiots. If the shoe fits...

If you knew anything the Brushaber v. Union Pacific Railroad case solidified the income tax as a punishable offense whereby they could take property without due process. The 16th Amendment in 1913 wasn't considered that big of a deal until implemented. People thought they could fight against it. They were wrong. Judges began to fight for the power of the Feds to tax anything they saw fit (illegal) and then take property (illegal).

Here is what Mr. Justice Butler argued in 1926:

The plan was in 1913 with the 16th Amendment and to quote Woodrow Wilson: "I am a most unhappy person. I have unwittingly ruined my country." While that quote is disputed it has been verified to be mostly accurate.

The president isn't involved in the amendment process so the quote is most likely bull crap*

Why can't we swear?