R-E-S-P-E-C-T

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like our team, and I really like our chances to be in the playoffs and hopefully try to win some games once there, but I think the only week 2 ranking that matters is that we are 2-0. I would personally put us around #10, and think #5 is very high but entertaining. If it has any impact at all, I think we would be better off being behind the Patriots* and still underdogs until we either have a better record than they do or until we actually beat them in week 10. (they have won 20 consecutive non super bowl games and are pretty good even without Marsha). I am looking for validation in the standings and in Foxboro and the post season, not in the eyes of the media.

Go Bills.

he said through an absinthe stupor....

Indeed. The wormwood helps my brain focus.

I think the real point, is it is too early for "Power Rakings" much like it is too early for college polls. I'd wait til AT LEAST the fourth game of the season before I expect these ranking to make any sense.

Indeed. The wormwood helps my brain focus.

I think the real point, is it is too early for "Power Rakings" much like it is too early for college polls. I'd wait til AT LEAST the fourth game of the season before I expect these ranking to make any sense.

It's never too early for a 'Power' Rake, Deano...

Mmmmm...Rake...Mmmmmmm...6.1% :flirt:

(Lookin' for a Berkeley or OakTown-based microbrew for this Sunday's tailgate :rolleyes: )

In the past the whining was about getting no respect and now the consensus is that we are ranked too high. TOO HIGH ???? Too much respect by Carucci ?

What an unhappy, anal retentive bunch we have here.

For the record, I'm not complaining. I don't care where these guys rank the Bills. I just think 5 is too high, just as I think 15 is too low, should someone have ranked then there. Just an opinion, not a complaint.

For the record, I'm not complaining. I don't care where these guys rank the Bills. I just think 5 is too high, just as I think 15 is too low, should someone have ranked then there. Just an opinion, not a complaint.

I personally would be happier with a 7.931 ranking, but then again there aren't fractional teams around.

In any case, my post wasn't directed at you in particular and certainly wasn't meant to berate anyone. Just being my usual, cynical self.

I kinda thought you were complaining as well...JMO.

I kinda thought you were complaining as well...JMO.

Once again, you were wrong. I'm not all that surprised, to tell the truth. Maybe working so "closely" with Vic is having an effect.

While on the subject of respect, has this link been posted yet?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_...?urn=nfl,108056

"hopelessly premature playoff picture" has the Bills and Steelers w/ the bye week....

Ha, if it's ok to dream a little in week 15, why not in week 2?

(Apologies to Raising Arizona):

That night I had a dream. I dreamt I was as light as the ether- a floating spirit visiting things to come. In my dream the I saw the Bills hosting New England* in the AFC Championship game and, amidst the swirling snow, Buffalo romped, sending the Pats* home wondering what had hit them. Sweet revenge for last year's debacle.

And still I dreamed on, further into the future than I had ever dreamed before; and I heard the wailing and gnashing of teeth in the Cowboys locker room...the Losers' locker room; and I beheld the gleaming Lombardi Trophy residing where it had always rightfully belonged, at One Bills Drive; and I felt all the sorrows of the past melt in the warm rays of a glorious new dawn.

GO BILLS 19-0 :flirt:

Once again, you were wrong. I'm not all that surprised, to tell the truth. Maybe working so "closely" with Vic is having an effect.

I want to say one thing to the readers of this board. I want you to listen to me. I'm going to say this again: I did not work "closely" with that dude, T-Bone. I never told anybody to lie, not a single time; never. These allegations are false, and I need to go back to work. Thank you.