I got a question for all you suns a bitches

Lv-Bills

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The town right off of the exit is Dunkirk right? Fredonia is a little off the path, am I right? As many times as I come to Buffalo per year, I have no experience in this area at all.

All I know is that the snow belt seems ridiculous around this interchange in the winter time.

I'll look that place up online.

Off the I 90, Fredonia is not off the beaten path. Wing City Grille has good chicken wings and it is on route 60. Night life is good now-college girls galore. Depending on your age head to water Street.

If you're stayin on the lake, that is Dunkirk. Not much down by the lake. Might be worth it to go into downtown Fredonia(rt 20). It's a college town, all the places are good. Hook and Ladder is good for lunch. All the sub shop's(Mary's deli, Pizza Wings and Things) make great subs and wings. If you want to grog, then Coughlin's and the one right next to that, I think it's called rooney's will definately work for some ale and wingy. BJ's had some killer wings as well.

Dating yourself--rooneys hasn't been around for awhile-next to Coughlan's is 41 west.

95 - 17 - 66 - 81 -522 - 70 - PA Turnpike - 79 - 90

I like to stay on all interstates. I've tried some other ways that weren't interstates up through the middle of PA and New York and it's never been faster. It's all about the same, so I stay on as many interstates as I can.

Hell, as soon as you reach PA, there is hardly any traffic all the way to Buffalo on the PA Turnpike, I-79, and I-90.

Disclaimer, I am originally from Pittsburgh, so alot of times we stay overnight there on Fridays. So, Pittsburgh is a tad over halfway for us, and we alot of times stay there for free on Friday and Sunday Nights.

522?? It's pretty up there (very scenic) but too slow with all the lights, etc. I've been that way and this way is faster:

95N - 495N - 70W - 76W (Breezewood - PA TNPK) - 79N (@ Cranberry) - 90E

There is (was? ibecause last time i was there was 10 years ago!) a great ice cream place in Dunkirk... we used to go down there from Eden just to have their stuff! If i remember well there was some movies theaters nearby...
Aldrichs....out of business.

Aldrich's was OK, but I certainly wouldn't call it "a great ice cream place". That moniker would belong to Sullivan's in Sheridan. From the former Aldrich's, head a short ways up 60N and make a right onto 20 (@ the Wendy's on the corner). Go a little up the road and you'll see it on the left hand side. It's a cozy little place. I remember going there as a kid when it was still called Steve's (my dad grew up in Dunkirk). Different name, same great place. Gawwwwwd, I love that place. :flirt: There are also several outstanding wineries along there. Just follow the green signs with the grapes on them. A few within a couple miles of Sullivan's: Liberty Vineyards, Woodbury, Merritt Estates, & Willow Creek.

95 - 17 - 66 - 81 -522 - 70 - PA Turnpike - 79 - 90

I like to stay on all interstates. I've tried some other ways that weren't interstates up through the middle of PA and New York and it's never been faster. It's all about the same, so I stay on as many interstates as I can.

I go 81-70-76-199-80-219 . Did it last summer in 8:45, with a dog a two kids in the car and two quick potty stops/ food breaks.

Real reason for my post. I hate to fly and will be driving up for Jets game on 10/31, returning 10/03 if any Richmond/Fredricksburg folks might want to ride up together.

PM me if interested

522?? It's pretty up there (very scenic) but too slow with all the lights, etc. I've been that way and this way is faster:

95N - 495N - 70W - 76W (Breezewood - PA TNPK) - 79N (@ Cranberry) - 90E

Oh, yeah, no doubt you are right. However, the areas up around DC usually aren't good for me to leave Friday Evening. I got stuck so many times Friday evenings just sitting on the beltway that I stopped going that way if it's anywhere near rush hour. Come home in the middle of the night though, and I do go that way also. I can't stand Northern Virginia. Why anyone would want to live there, in that traffic mess, is beyond me.

I'm usually heading that way around rush hour though, so I avoid all the DC beltways.

And yeah, the only part of the trip that kinda sucks is 522 through Berkeley Springs! It is a cool little town though, but if you roll through on a Friday night when they have a home football game.......well......let's just say it's easier to get out of the Ralph than to get through Berkeley.

:flirt: