Ed Hochuli just hosed the Chargers. Bad.

Simon

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hoculi is an overblown show boat. Could he be on the take? Its posible :lol:

Interesting quote from Jerry Jones:

"That particular official gets a lot of criticism. He's a highly criticized official in the NFL," Jones said.

I've never really had a problem with his officiating until this, and always thought he was a pretty good ref. I wonder if there's any truth or if this is Jones being a blowhard.

How many times are you going to post this?

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?s=&am...t&p=1132016

But, Hochuli is a jerk for working out, and keeping himself in good physical condition. His bicep worship is clearly the issue.

I agree with those who said Shanahan was giving the Chragers their opportunity, by going for the two point conversion. This was his take

"We still had the ball at third-and-10 and had to get it into the end zone. Third-and-10 and then fourth-and-4. We still had to make a 2-point conversion," Shanahan said. "It wasn't like somebody gave us the touchdown. You have to go out there and still get it done."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8...mp;confirm=true

This makes me think that Jones is just running off at the mouth:

"He feels sick," Pereira said. "He's one of the most respected officials in NFL history; he's refereed two Super Bowls. He made a terrible mistake."

and

"I hope this doesn't counter everything he's done for 17 years," said Pereira. "We won't fine him, we won't suspend him. He'll be graded for his effort, just like everyone else. And he'll be back on the field on Sunday."

LINK

OK, back to Buffalo... As tainted as that game was, a loss for the Chargers is probably better for the Bills if we're in the hunt later on, as San Diego has the talent to make a late-season push and still potentially win the AFC West. So any losses the Chargers incur now will help the other division winners when playoff seeding takes place. That said, if we don't beat them in the week after our bye, it doesn't matter.