SF Bay Area Bills Fans...

poejeters

I heard from one of the backers in SF that the North Star was packed before 10 am Sunday. Need to get there early as it is a small bar, but a great place for Bills fans.

Way 'back in the day', when the earth was still cooling, either The Dean or I had to stop at Liguria to pick up the

foccacia

for the game crowd, then run over to 'The Star' and open it up at 9:30 am - there was usually a small Bills crowd already there, waiting for the doors to open...

By kickoff it was packed.

Ah, the memories...

GO BILLSSS!!!!

19 and 0 baby!!!!! :cry:

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Way 'back in the day', when the earth was still cooling, either The Dean or I had to stop at Liguria to pick up the

foccacia

for the game crowd, then run over to 'The Star' and open it up at 9:30 am - there was usually a small Bills crowd already there, waiting for the doors to open...

By kickoff it was packed.

Ah, the memories...

GO BILLSSS!!!!

19 and 0 baby!!!!! :cry:

See that is the difference between East Coast sport fans & west coast sport fans. West Coast fans think it is a big deal to get to the place a 1/2 hour before kickoff. Try getting a seat in Mcfaddens in NYC a 1/2 hr before the bills kickoff, you will get laughed out of the place. Most of the people there are on their 8th or 9th beer at that place 1/2 hr before kickoff.

See that is the difference between East Coast sport fans & west coast sport fans. West Coast fans think it is a big deal to get to the place a 1/2 hour before kickoff. Try getting a seat in Mcfaddens in NYC a 1/2 hr before the bills kickoff, you will get laughed out of the place. Most of the people there are on their 8th or 9th beer at that place 1/2 hr before kickoff.

See that's also the difference between kickoff being at 10 AM on the Left Coast vs. 1 PM on the East Coast. :cry:

See that's also the difference between kickoff being at 10 AM on the Left Coast vs. 1 PM on the East Coast. :cry:

I thought about that. It is a poor excuse. I cracked my first beer last sunday @ 7:45am on the way to the Ralph.

I thought about that. It is a poor excuse. I cracked my first beer last sunday @ 7:45am on the way to the Ralph.

I'll be up at 7am so I can watch the pre-game stuff. The people out here think I'm crazy but it's just what we do as Bills fans.

I flew home last weekend for opening day and I met 3 other people taking the same red eye flight from SF to come back to Buffalo.

IT NEEDS TO BE SUNDAY ALREADY!

I loved being an East coast sports fan, living on the West coast. Roll out of bed to Berman and the crew, drinking early and watching the game by 10. You can get really faced, and still have time to sleep it off if you have an important commitment early Monday morning.

Night games starting at 6pm (or even 5pm) is really outstanding, too.

Now that I'm back on the East coast, it seems like forever until kickoff.

7:45 AM??? Why so late????? I was having breakfast beers with my omelette. :cry:

Actually, when I was in EssEff most of us were already drinking at down the street at LaRocca's, Columbus Cafe, Capp's Corner, or Gino & Carlo's at 6 AM, either still out from the nite before or waiting for The Dean or me to open up 'The Star' at 9:30 for the Bills kickoff. So there! Harumph!

Trust me - Bills fans start 'pounding' early, no matter which coast we're on! :wallbash:

GO BILLSSS!!!!

I heard from one of the backers in SF that the North Star was packed before 10 am Sunday. Need to get there early as it is a small bar, but a great place for Bills fans.

For those of you who went to the North Star, were all the TVs on the bills game or jus the one in front. I visited with the South Bay Bills Backers at the Britannia Arms. Great fans watching a great game!

For those of you who went to the North Star, were all the TVs on the bills game or jus the one in front. I visited with the South Bay Bills Backers at the Britannia Arms. Great fans watching a great game!

I just moved to Boston, so the Harp is my new stomping grounds, but I spent the last three seasons at the Britannia Arms. Great people there to enjoy the games with. Definitely a much smaller crowd than the harp, and much more accepting of other teams' fans, but it was always a good time.

For those of you who are unfamiliar, here is the address:

Britannia Arms of Cupertino

1087 S De Anza Blvd

San Jose, CA

Just find your way onto Hwy 85. If you're on 85 south, exit De Anza Blvd and turn left, if you're on 85 north, exit De Anza Blvd and go right. The bar is on the left no more than about 1/2 mile down.

Try the Huevos Rancheros from the Breakfast menu or the Beer Battered Banger on the regular menu, bot are freaking delish. The stuffed mushrooms are great, too.

There are usually several games, on various TVs, at the Star.

There are usually several games, on various TVs, at the Star.

The "Brit" is the same way, but they give priority to the Bills fans. The projector is always on the Bills game, as are several TVs inside the bar and the TV out on the patio(for the smokers). The manager Tommy has been talking for a couple seasons about replacing the single, smaller TV on the patio with two big screen HD displays. Before I left for Boston, he said they would be in by the start of the season, but I am unable to verify that.

If you make it down there, tell Tommy and the hot waitress outside(Heidi) that Ian says hi.

I just moved to Boston, so the Harp is my new stomping grounds, but I spent the last three seasons at the Britannia Arms. Great people there to enjoy the games with. Definitely a much smaller crowd than the harp, and much more accepting of other teams' fans, but it was always a good time.

For those of you who are unfamiliar, here is the address:

Britannia Arms of Cupertino

1087 S De Anza Blvd

San Jose, CA

Just find your way onto Hwy 85. If you're on 85 south, exit De Anza Blvd and turn left, if you're on 85 north, exit De Anza Blvd and go right. The bar is on the left no more than about 1/2 mile down.

Try the Huevos Rancheros from the Breakfast menu or the Beer Battered Banger on the regular menu, bot are freaking delish. The stuffed mushrooms are great, too.

Hell, we even cheered when Miami won their one game last year because we felt so bad for the two Miami fans that show up every week. They come no matter what, like we do.

Hell, we even cheered when Miami won their one game last year because we felt so bad for the two Miami fans that show up every week. They come no matter what, like we do.

That's awefully sweet of you guys, but I was much more impressed by the merciless heckling of the guy that showed up last sunday in a Tony Homo Jersey.

The "Brit" is the same way, but they give priority to the Bills fans. The projector is always on the Bills game, as are several TVs inside the bar and the TV out on the patio(for the smokers). The manager Tommy has been talking for a couple seasons about replacing the single, smaller TV on the patio with two big screen HD displays. Before I left for Boston, he said they would be in by the start of the season, but I am unable to verify that.

If you make it down there, tell Tommy and the hot waitress outside(Heidi) that Ian says hi.

He said he has them, but his installer is behind. He is also getting a new Projector and larger screen for the main one. :thumbsup:

I think it is Heidi that waited on us most of the time last year. She quit but showed up at the Brit Sunday. She is moving to OC (Orange County) and her going away party is at the Brit tomorrow night. The new girl has a lot of training to do :thumbsup:

Same with the Star. Main TV and sound for the Bills...even if the 49ers are playing.

I'd love to check out the "Brit" someday.

He said he has them, but his installer is behind. He is also getting a new Projector and larger screen for the main one. :thumbsup:

I think it is Heidi that waited on us most of the time last year. She quit but showed up at the Brit Sunday. She is moving to OC (Orange County) and her going away party is at the Brit tomorrow night. The new girl has a lot of training to do :thumbsup:

No more Heidi? That's rather unfortunate, she always made the mornings entertaining.

Glad to see Tommy is doing more to please the Bills fans, we have been loyal to him for years. There aren't always a lot of us, but we are always there and we always eat and drink more than our share. It was generally at least 2 pitchers of Newcastle Brown Ale for me, and the first one was generally gone before the end of the 1st quarter.

As much fun as it is at the Harp, I still miss the Brit. There are some great fans and great people there. Even that guy Boomer with the dog(you know I hear he's a damn squid). J/K, miss you Boom, but you'll always be a damn squid in my book.

Same with the Star. Main TV and sound for the Bills...even if the 49ers are playing.

I'd love to check out the "Brit" someday.

Like I've said many times before, it's always a good time. Well, unless the Bills are @ SF or @ OAK, then we're all at the game and the Brit is a ghost town with just some local fans and a couple Pats* fans.

When in Buffalo for the game I always crack the 555 beer. That's 5:55am on the button! It's just tradition.

GO BILLS!

When in Buffalo for the game I always crack the 555 beer. That's 5:55am on the button! It's just tradition.

GO BILLS!

Nice. I plan on getting a nice early start Sunday before I hop on the T and head down to the Harp. It's always good to start sunday with a good little buzz.