Looks like one and done for Merriman

Rubes

What an idiot. He could've had the surgery right after the season, and he'd be ready to go right now. He waited all that time, and now he's going to miss this season.

What, did he think the ligaments would miraculously put themselves back together?

Who gives these guys advice anyway?

If I were AJ Smith, I'd be pissed!

Merriman likely to be placed on IR

"Total reconstructive surgery on his knee." I'm no doctor, but that can't be good.

Oh wait, yes I am.

What an idiot. I hope he didn't do more damage to his knee than he already had. Dumbass. :D

What, the crack about being a doctor?

;)

Dr. Sarah Sitarides: Wow, restaurant. Flowers...

Jerry: Well, I'm a classy guy. How's the life-saving business?

Dr. Sarah Sitarides: It's fine.

Jerry: Well, it must take a really big zit to kill a man.

Dr. Sarah Sitarides: What is with you?

Jerry: You say you're a dermatologist? Well, I call you Pimple Popper, MD. :thumbsup:

What an idiot. He could've had the surgery right after the season, and he'd be ready to go right now. He waited all that time, and now he's going to miss this season.

What, did he think the ligaments would miraculously put themselves back together?

Who gives these guys advice anyway?

If I were AJ Smith, I'd be pissed!

AJ Smith is the guy who let him do it. He could have put him on IR but he wanted him on the field. He's just as much to blame, if not more, than Merriman.

Just crawled up out of the sewer. :thumbsup:

Sure, one good win and everyone comes out of the woodwork ...

(Kidding. Good to see ya, Bri.)

Merriman was nuts to even THINK about playing on that knee. This was the only rational decision he could have made.

Sure, one good win and everyone comes out of the woodwork ...

(Kidding. Good to see ya, Bri.)

Merriman was nuts to even THINK about playing on that knee. This was the only rational decision he could have made.

Didn't something like four doctors tell him he needed surgery before the season started?

Didn't something like four doctors tell him he needed surgery before the season started?

Yep. He kept trying to find one who would okay him to play, couldn't, and said, "screw it, I'm playing anyway." At the time, I mentioned how well that plan worked for Takeo Spikes (who lasted less than two quarters into the following game). Looks like I was pretty close.

Yep. He kept trying to find one who would okay him to play, couldn't, and said, "screw it, I'm playing anyway." At the time, I mentioned how well that plan worked for Takeo Spikes (who lasted less than two quarters into the following game). Looks like I was pretty close.

fyi ... Spikes is with the 9ers now, so we get to see him again this year.

Wow. didn't see that coming. :thumbsup:

Dean!

Great to see you back! How are you doing?

Oh, wait. Better make this football-related. Um.....Merriman lost a couple of chromosomes from living downwind of the acetone factory for too many years.

Good. The Wall seems oddly normal again.

fyi ... Spikes is with the 9ers now, so we get to see him again this year.

Not so sure bout that. saw a highlight this weekend where he coughed up a pooch kickoff. Two things.

1) He had the right idea, but just didn't execute physically

2) TKO is on special teams. I have no idea how much he played in the game, and if he played for Buffalo it would be something else. But most teams do not play starters/important players on teams, and Takeo was there.

Me thinks he may not be there long LOL

Not so sure bout that. saw a highlight this weekend where he coughed up a pooch kickoff. Two things.

2) TKO is on special teams. I have no idea how much he played in the game, and if he played for Buffalo it would be something else. But most teams do not play starters/important players on teams, and Takeo was there.

With Crowell gone maybe they'll get him back here. :thumbsup:

he had 3 tackles and 1 assist. doubt all of those were special teams so looks like he's playing on plays from scrimmage