JP Losman

Guest dog14787

Guest dog14787

We have the best number two QB in the league in JP Losman. I have complete confidence Losman can win ball games playing under Turk Shonert. Nobody showed huge interest in JP, so he's probably not happy with the rest of the league. As we are seeing, the 2nd most important position on a team can very well be your number two QB. It makes perfect sense for our front office to do everything we can to negotiate a deal for JP Losman to stay here in Buffalo. I honestly believe JP Losman is good enough to win ball games in the regular season, in the playoffs, and even in the Superbowl.

When your whole season could be on the line, God forbid, TE goes down, who do you want to call? Hamden? ( and I like Hamden as a three )

No, you want to call out JP Losmans number and win the ball game, thats what we want to do.

So now we shall watch what a great team with great coaching can do without a top notch QB. ( Brady being the very best of course )

Maybe we will learn something and act accordingly. :devil:

We have the best number two QB in the league in JP Losman. I have complete confidence Losman can win ball games playing under Turk Shonert. Nobody showed huge interest in JP, so he's probably not happy with the rest of the league. As we are seeing, the 2nd most important position on a team can very well be, your number two QB. It makes perfect sense for our front office to do everything we can to negotiate a deal for JP Losman to stay here in Buffalo. I honestly believe JP Losman is good enough to win ball games in the regular season, in the playoffs, and even in the Superbowl.

When your whole season could be on the line, God forbid, TE goes down, who do you want to call? Hamden? ( and I like Hamden as a three )

No, you want to call out JP Losmans number and win the ball game, thats what we want to do.

So now we shall watch what a great team with great coaching can do without a top notch QB. ( Brady being the very best of course )

Maybe we will learn something and act accordingly. :devil:

I would love to see this as well but it won't happen. Some team will offer JP a chance to compete for the starters job next year.

JP is not going to re-sign with the Bills unless it is after he tests the free agent market and gets no offers to be given a chance to compete for the starter's job. That could happen, and then JP, sporting his Super Bowl ring, courtesy of Trent Edwards, might just want to stay with a winner.

Guest dog14787
I would love to see this as well but it won't happen. Some team will offer JP a chance to compete for the starters job next year.

Nobody showed enough interest to offer a good trade for JP so isn't it also possible nobody will show enough interest in JP Losman to offer enough money. If he can make good money as a back up, why not stay. JP Losman is really still a pup, why can't TE groom JP? I mean is it beyond the realm of possibilities? :wallbash:

Guest dog14787
Dude, you don't give back-up QB's who want to be gone and starting for another team new contracts.

If the price is right you do :wallbash:

Nobody showed enough interest to offer a good trade for JP so isn't it also possible nobody will show enough interest in JP Losman to offer enough money. If he can make good money as a back up, why not stay. JP Losman is really still a pup, why can't TE groom JP? I mean is it beyond the realm of possibilities? :wallbash:

JP wants to start. I don't sense he's looking for money as much as a team to call his own.

I did get a good chuckle out of the mental image of TE grooming JP, however, since Losman is two years older.

JP Losman is as good as gone after this year. He doesn't want to be here at all and the fact that they kept Hamdan around tells me they really think he can be the backup next year. He has similar qualities as TE and I think with another year here he'll be a serviceable\good back up. JP will not accept a backup role and someone will give him a shot to start.

Guest dog14787
JP wants to start. I don't sense he's looking for money as much as a team to call his own.

I did get a good chuckle out of the mental image of TE grooming JP, however, since Losman is two years older.

As far as raw talent, I give the edge to JP, but TE is light years ahead of JP when it comes to maturity. So yes, I believe JP could learn a thing or two from TE, in fact, allot of QB's in the NFL could learn a thing or two from TE because TE's something special. :wallbash:

TE plays like a 4th year QB and is only going to get better :lol:

Guest dog14787
JP Losman is as good as gone after this year. He doesn't want to be here at all and the fact that they kept Hamdan around tells me they really think he can be the backup next year. He has similar qualities as TE and I think with another year here he'll be a serviceable\good back up. JP will not accept a backup role and someone will give him a shot to start.

I'm sure other teams watched the preseason with some interest on JP and you guys are probably all right. Its just wishfull thinking on my part. I really like JP Losman a lot, his work ethic, dedication to the team, to the city, everything about the young fella is everything you want in a player.

I do think it makes allot of sense to throw JP a bone, just to say hey, Nobody offers you, your worth, stay here in Buffalo, we appreciate you here. The fans love you and I'm sure your teamates love you, so think about it, will ya :wallbash:

We have the best number two QB in the league in JP Losman. I have complete confidence Losman can win ball games playing under Turk Shonert. Nobody showed huge interest in JP, so he's probably not happy with the rest of the league. As we are seeing, the 2nd most important position on a team can very well be your number two QB. It makes perfect sense for our front office to do everything we can to negotiate a deal for JP Losman to stay here in Buffalo. I honestly believe JP Losman is good enough to win ball games in the regular season, in the playoffs, and even in the Superbowl.

Maybe we will learn something and act accordingly. :wallbash:

Jp should get a modest contract from us....2-3 million/yr for being a pretty good back-up. hell he should be happy. I don't think any sane team wants him to start for them.

JP's hate for this team is almost tangible, in his interviews and his demeanor on the sideline, and Hamdan is more like Edwards than is Losman, in terms of style, so I'd not hate having him be Trent's backup. Not at all.

Did you just indirectly say that you think Hamdan is better than Losman? Is there any chance of a ban?

Did you just indirectly say that you think Hamdan is better than Losman? Is there any chance of a ban?

I didn't say better. I didn't even say smarter, which I truly believe Hamdan IS (by virtue of the fact that my three-year-old retarded cousin is smarter than JP); no, what I was talking about was his STYLE, which I see being more like Trent's (ie more pocket oriented, less mobile, less of a gun of an arm).

I didn't say better. I didn't even say smarter, which I truly believe Hamdan IS (by virtue of the fact that my three-year-old retarded cousin is smarter than JP); no, what I was talking about was his STYLE, which I see being more like Trent's (ie more pocket oriented, less mobile, less of a gun of an arm).
You calling out someones intelligence if pretty funny

Guest dog14787

Think about JP's start in the NFL, bad O-line, poor coaching, poor supporting cast, then enters Turk Shonert/OC, add good supporting cast, good O-line and what do you have?

I say wins, JP Losman wins ball games. How anyone could even pretend to know JP Losmans IQ based on play calling from fairchild is beyond me :lol:

JP Losman called Fairchild out if you guys remember correctly.

Fairchilds the idiot not Losman!!! Geeesh!!! :wallbash:

Think about JP's start in the NFL, bad O-line, poor coaching, poor supporting cast, then enters Turk Shonert/OC, add good supporting cast, good O-line and what do you have?

I say wins, JP Losman wins ball games. How anyone could even pretend to know JP Losmans IQ based on play calling from fairchild is beyond me :lol:

JP Losman called Fairchild out if you guys remember correctly.

Fairchilds the idiot not Losman!!! Geeesh!!! :wallbash:

That's a brilliant point, and part of the reason why I really feel bad for JP

Losman's dream is to be a starting quarterback in the NFL. Once his contract expires, he's going to test the free agency waters to see if anyone is willing to let him at least compete for a starting position. I get the feeling he'd strongly prefer any chance to win the starter's position--even a long shot--over no chance at all. If no one offers him that long shot, he may or may not be amenable to re-signing with the Bills. I guess part of that depends on how bitter he feels about Trent having displaced him.

If Trent does well this year, maybe some of that bitterness will go away.

The only real chance I see of re-signing Losman is if 1) no team in the NFL offers him the chance to compete for a starting position, and 2) the Bills offer him a significantly higher salary than any other team does. There's a modest chance of both of these things happening.

For what it's worth, Hamdan played well in the preseason. If Losman leaves after the season is over, we might still be okay at backup quarterback.

He wants to start. He was treated horribly by the last OC. We don't need a cancer on the team. Why not sign Todd Collins next year as #2? :lol: