Obama and the Surge

Sept. 4 (Bloomberg) -- Barack Obama said the surge of American forces in Iraq has ``succeeded beyond our wildest dreams,'' though Iraqis still haven't done enough to take responsibility for their country.

ADVERTISEMENT

``The surge has succeeded in ways that nobody anticipated,'' Obama, the Democratic presidential nominee, said in a recorded interview broadcast tonight on Fox News's ``The O'Reilly Factor'' program.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/bloomberg/20080905.../am9xoyqf06li_1

Even though political progress isn't what it was suppose to be at least the finishing of ethnic cleansing and the Sunni awakening against al-quida have calmed the violence. Good. I hope we can dump this occupation sooner rather than later.

I can't resist.

So where's the other half Molson? You know, the part where I said there would be significant political consequences if you/the other far-left tards kept up with "The War is Lost", "so elect us for President" theme? Or, the part where I said things were getting better in Iraq? Apparently we are all "divorced from reality" and this whole thing is a figment of our "delusional" imaginations. Or, I'm sure it's Haliburton and Dick Cheney conspiring somehow.

Hint: check the new polls = they all have the Democratic candidate and the Republican candidate TIED.

You like apples? How about there's no way in hell this should have happened. You guys are well on your way to losing another election, and once again, it's your own fault, not mine or anybody else's, so don't start blaming us. Own up to the fact that you way, way, way, overstepped your bounds, and the Democratic Congress, "we just had to have", has the lowest approval rating in history, 2 years running.

Honestly, what are you going to do if McCain wins? Start 20 posts a week on how he is stupid, but a smart enough to pull off massive conspiracies and lies, at the same time?

Like I said, I couldn't resist. :thumbsup:

I can't resist.

So where's the other half Molson? You know, the part where I said there would be significant political consequences if you/the other far-left tards kept up with "The War is Lost", "so elect us for President" theme? Or, the part where I said things were getting better in Iraq? Apparently we are all "divorced from reality" and this whole thing is a figment of our "delusional" imaginations. Or, I'm sure it's Haliburton and Dick Cheney conspiring somehow.

Hint: check the new polls = they all have the Democratic candidate and the Republican candidate TIED.

You like apples? How about there's no way in hell this should have happened. You guys are well on your way to losing another election, and once again, it's your own fault, not mine or anybody else's, so don't start blaming us. Own up to the fact that you way, way, way, overstepped your bounds, and the Democratic Congress, "we just had to have", has the lowest approval rating in history, 2 years running.

Honestly, what are you going to do if McCain wins? Start 20 posts a week on how he is stupid, but a smart enough to pull off massive conspiracies and lies, at the same time?

Like I said, I couldn't resist. :thumbsup:

I don't agree we are well on our way to losing. We took a punch this week, but that's ok, we have been punched before and gotten up. Enjoy your convention bounce which has tied the game. Bounces go down eventually. And Iraq isn't hurting the Democrats. I think the country is in agreement this was a mistake

But, let's just look at Iraq and leave the politics aside for a second. Yes, things are getting better around the world in the country of Iraq. Great. Now what? Was all this worth it? The wasting of our resources on this messy operation, I'm not so sure. Maybe it was. Saddam having all that oil was not good, but then again maybe he could have been like Quadaffy. If I was the Prez I wouldn't have done it, but the milk is spilled and the clean up is going ok now, I guess.

Back to McCain. McCain isn't Bush, for all the "McSame" talk. We don't know what we are getting with him. He is the ultimate flip flopper. He might govern like a Democrat for all I know. You guys might be the ones complaining the loudest about him, and the Right Wing has a track record of doing just that with him. It can be argued that this election is between two Democrats.

thanks for taking me through my morning coffee, its off to the softball tournament now, later

You are aware that the United States doesn't elect its President based on national popular vote, right? You are also aware that McCain is trailing Obama in Iowa, Ohio, New Mexico, Montana and Colorado while he is tied with Obama in Virgina, Nevada, and North Dakota and barely ahead in Florida, North Carolina, and North Dakota?

You are aware that the United States doesn't elect its President based on national popular vote, right? You are also aware that McCain is trailing Obama in Iowa, Ohio, New Mexico, Montana and Colorado while he is tied with Obama in Virgina, Nevada, and North Dakota and barely ahead in Florida, North Carolina, and North Dakota?

Please put that in an email and send it to Al Gore. Oh, and cc all of his friends.

So now the electoral college is a good thing because it benefits your guy?