Do you find Ray Lewis annoying?

lets_go_bills

Do you find Ray Lewis annoying?  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Do you find Ray Lewis annoying?

• Yes.
    • No.

You mean do I find a hall-of-fame caliber, game changing, Super-Bowl-winning, team leader who demonstrates his love for the game annoying?

No. What I find annoying is that the Bills and ever other team doesn't have someone like him.

Though what I find more annoying is that someone felt the need to beat down the very player who is a great role model for kids and fans.

:thumbsup:

You do know he's covering up for a murderer right. :worthy: Yeah, that's a great role model.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess you didn't see the words.

Love of game, team first, enthusiasm, don't give up and outstanding community guy.

Guess you missed the whole "covering up for murder" thing.

Your post would be dead on if you stopped at "don't give up." On the field - yes, great player, gives 110%, leader.

A role model and an a"outstanding community guy?" No fugging way.

:thumbsup:

You do know he's covering up for a murderer right. :worthy: Yeah, that's a great role model.

Bingo.

Guess you missed the whole "covering up for murder" thing.

Your post would be dead on if you stopped at "don't give up." On the field - yes, great player, gives 110%, leader.

A role model and an a"outstanding community guy?" No fugging way.

Bingo.

There's no excuse for getting involved in the murder incident but he's been a model citizen since.

He is one of the most active and committed community players in the league. That's a fact and nearly all other players should emulate him on and off the field.

His passion and love for the game are rare these days. The guy just loves to play football. His arrogance was acceptable about 4 or 5 years ago because he was clearly the best at his position in the game. Now, he's just another aging player whose skills are on the decline. The only thing that has remained the same is his arrogance. That's what I find annoying.

I think you hit it right on the head with this post. This is exactly what irks me about Ray Ray.

P.S. - GO OHIO U!!!!

He is a great player but I dont think he is as good as he thinks he is..

Found this tidbit from DEADSPIN (hilarious column if you don't read it) about Lewis

http://deadspin.com/5044832/the-dickpire-s...k-joke-jamboroo

"Bengals at Ravens: Your first look at Joe Flacco. Also your last, because Ray Lewis will be stabbing him to death sometime around the third quarter."

There's no excuse for getting involved in the murder incident but he's been a model citizen since.

He is one of the most active and committed community players in the league. That's a fact and nearly all other players should emulate him on and off the field.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. If he had been honest and told the police what had happened I'd agree with you but he's been holding that secret for years. I don't think it's good thing to teach kids that murder is ok if one of your friends does it?

I agree. If we had a guy on the Bills with as much passion as him I'd feel better about our team.

I do find him annoying, but for me the fact that he probably murdered some one is his redeeming quality. I think if we had a guy on the Bills that probably murdered some one, I'd feel a lot better about the team. I like the character thing, but we need some guys who put the fear into people, like Lewis. I mean he's a fearsome hitter and tackler on the field, but the players gotta be thinking in the back of their heads that he might come to their house int he middle of night with a posse and some crow-bars.

Now imagine if the Bills had a guy like that. I mean even the Sabres have their share of ganbangers:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/hockey/2005-02-11-sweden-assault_x.htm

We need more players who look dangerous.

He has to be one of the most committed community players in the league, if only to offset his involvement in that murder.

Again, if you stop at "players should emulate him on the field" then I agree. But there no way in hell that ANYONE should emulate him off the field. Involvement in a lot of charities and community does not absolve him of his role in the murder.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. If he had been honest and told the police what had happened I'd agree with you but he's been holding that secret for years. I don't think it's good thing to teach kids that murder is ok if one of your friends does it?

Bingo.

i think that there is a large case of anonymous internet righteousness going on in this thread.

id like to see what you guys would do if you were put in the real life situation of having unfortunately witnessed a murder, and then being called to testify against very dangerous individuals. thinking about your life, and your family, i dont think anyone would be so quick and "high-charactered" to stand up in court and point out some thugs.

and he is a much higher profile individual than anyone here could ever imagine being. much easier to find. much easier to get to.

furthermore, since that incident, Lewis has done nothing but prove he learned his lesson from the entire mess and has been a perfect pillar of the community. he was young, he was in an unfortunate place at the wrong time, and ever since he has completely removed himself from that lifestyle.

i live in atlanta, and go out to various bars all around the city. i could witness the same thing someday. just because i know better than to put my neck out and have a bunch of dangerous people after me, i'd be a "murderer" too? please get over yourselves.

i think that there is a large case of anonymous internet righteousness going on in this thread.

id like to see what you guys would do if you were put in the real life situation of having unfortunately witnessed a murder, and then being called to testify against very dangerous individuals. thinking about your life, and your family, i dont think anyone would be so quick and "high-charactered" to stand up in court and point out some thugs.

and he is a much higher profile individual than anyone here could ever imagine being. much easier to find. much easier to get to.

furthermore, since that incident, Lewis has done nothing but prove he learned his lesson from the entire mess and has been a perfect pillar of the community. he was young, he was in an unfortunate place at the wrong time, and ever since he has completely removed himself from that lifestyle.

i live in atlanta, and go out to various bars all around the city. i could witness the same thing someday. just because i know better than to put my neck out and have a bunch of dangerous people after me, i'd be a "murderer" too? please get over yourselves.

It has nothing to do with Internet righteousness.

Don't want to deal with that situation? Then don't hang around with "dangerous" people, like the ones who committed the murder. Don't help them get rid of their bloody clothes after they stab someone. Don't make payments to the families of the murder victim.

although, maybe im not up on the facts of the case...

was it that he was friends with the stabbers?

Ray Anthony Lewis, 24, admits being there when the fight that preceded the killings broke out. And two other men police call "longtime associates" of Lewis -- Reginald Oakley of Baltimore and Joseph Sweeting of Miami -- are also charged in the killings.

LINK

ATLANTA -- Two friends and former co-defendants of NFL linebacker Ray Lewis were acquitted of murder and assault charges Monday in the stabbings of two men after a post-Super Bowl party.

LINK

Anybody that can declare he is not annoying after reading this stuff may have issues.

Love, love, LOVE the SI Vault, and Scott Price is one of the best writers they've got right now.

Nov. 13, 2006: The Gospel According To Ray

Dec. 4, 2006: Letters

QUOTE (bg17 @ Apr 23 2008, 03:59 PM)

If you have access to this issue, have a read. And then see if you can find the letters to the SI editor a couple weeks later. Classic stuff.

http://dynamic.si.cnn.com/si_online/covers.../2006/1113.html

Love, love, LOVE the SI Vault, and Scott Price is one of the best writers they've got right now.

Anybody that can declare he is not annoying after reading this stuff may have issues.

QUOTE (bg17 @ Apr 23 2008, 03:59 PM)

If you have access to this issue, have a read. And then see if you can find the letters to the SI editor a couple weeks later. Classic stuff.

http://dynamic.si.cnn.com/si_online/covers.../2006/1113.html

Thnak you for posting that. I am an SI subscriber and had that issue. Ray is such a hypocrite. He is a two-face, living in denial.

Love this:

"Lewis appears to be mixed-up: Jesus was persecuted, Ray was prosecuted."

I don't think Ray killed anyone, but I think he was trying to protect his friends in which he should have served longer in jail for that. Athlete's like Ray Lewis, Mike Vick & Pacman Jones should have distance themselves from their troublemaking friends. When you're an athlete, you're in the public view and held to a higher standard. It's a privledge to play professional sports, not a right.

Besides that, Ray was and still is an awesome athlete. Ray is like a defensive coordinator when he's out on the field, and he's very motivating. I do respect him as an athlete.

The guys who killed the dude are Lewis' friends. After the stabbing they all got into the Limo and sped away. He saw the whole thing and knows and exactly what happened and may have been involved too.

Ray Anthony Lewis, 24, admits being there when the fight that preceded the killings broke out. And two other men police call "longtime associates" of Lewis -- Reginald Oakley of Baltimore and Joseph Sweeting of Miami -- are also charged in the killings.

LINK

ATLANTA -- Two friends and former co-defendants of NFL linebacker Ray Lewis were acquitted of murder and assault charges Monday in the stabbings of two men after a post-Super Bowl party.

LINK

They wouldn't have been acquitted of murder if Lewis had testified and testified truthfully.