Costanzo added to 53 man roster

BradRiter

The Bills today announced that the team has signed LB Blake Costanzo.

Costanzo originally joined the Bills practice squad on October 24, 2007. He was promoted to the 53-man roster on December 14 and played three games last season.

Costanzo returns to Buffalo following his release on August 30, 2008. A graduate of Lafayette College, Costanzo originally joined the NFL as an undrafted free agent in May 2006 with the New York Jets.

Costanzo is competent depth

Today

Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 10:23 AM ET | Link

COSTANZO IS COMPETENT DEPTH: The Bills signing of Blake Costanzo to fill the spot left vacant by Crowell's I-R move makes sense. With two days before the opener you need someone that knows the defensive scheme inside and out. He's also a solid special teams player who was edged out for a roster spot by Jon Corto.

Costanzo was a more valued commodity than Donnie Spragan because he's younger and can cover more ground than Spragan who struggled in space.

Today

COSTANZO IS COMPETENT DEPTH: The Bills signing of Blake Costanzo to fill the spot left vacant by Crowell's I-R move makes sense. With two days before the opener you need someone that knows the defensive scheme inside and out. He's also a solid special teams player who was edged out for a roster spot by Jon Corto.

Costanzo was a more valued commodity than Donnie Spragan because he's younger and can cover more ground than Spragan who struggled in space.

Translation.

Because Costanzo doesn't have 4 yrs of accrued NFL experience, we need him for the opening week depth and then will sign Donnie Spragan prior to week two.

Translation.

Because Costanzo doesn't have 4 yrs of accrued NFL experience, we need him for the opening week depth and then will sign Donnie Spragan prior to week two.

I don't think thats the case. I know for a fact that Bobby April loves this kid and fought to keep him on the 53 man roster, but got overruled, if he plays well on special teams, I think he'll stick around for the whole season.

Today

Who wouldn't struggle in space? I mean, you're wearing that bulky suit, the helmet is much more cumbersome...

Umm, what were we discussing again? :thumbsup: