Niagara Falls Hotel

Kiwi Bills fan

Hey guys,

I'll be taking the family back to the states here in a couple weeks and would love to show the wife and kids Niagara Falls while we're back there.

Can you guys recommend a good hotel near the falls that we can all stay in? It doesn't need to be flashy... just nice and ideally in a good location near the falls.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Mark

Go Bills

American or Canadian side?

One plus is being after Labor Day is prices go down. The Canadian side has more rooms that face to falls. The American side, location is key if you want to be able to just walk everywhere.

For the American side, I've stayed in the Hampton Inn and Crowne Plaza, both decent places, Hampton includes breakfast.

It's been many years since I've been to Niagara but if I remember correctly, the Canadian side was nicer.

That being said... any suggestions?

American or Canadian side?

One plus is being after Labor Day is prices go down. The Canadian side has more rooms that face to falls. The American side, location is key if you want to be able to just walk everywhere.

For the American side, I've stayed in the Hampton Inn and Crowne Plaza, both decent places, Hampton includes breakfast.

the canadian side has more to do, especially for the kids....but the rooms are a lot more expensive when you add in all the taxes compared to the american side. The seneca niagara has really nice rooms for a decent price, but everything is a little bit more of a walk. Like mentioned earlier, the hampton and the crowne plaza are both really nice as well.

Do you guys mean the Hampton Inn on the American or Canadian side?

(It looks like there's one on each side.)

I meant the one on the American side. If you do stay in Canada, I'll suggest the Hilton or Marriott, both are great hotels and probably the cleanest in the area

Do you guys mean the Hampton Inn on the American or Canadian side?

(It looks like there's one on each side.)

I meant the one on the American side. If you do stay in Canada, I'll suggest the Hilton or Marriott, both are great hotels and probably the cleanest in the area

I meant the American side also.

The Sheraton on the Canadian side is very close to the Falls.

Here is a link to the Falls Cam from the Sheraton:

https://www.niagarafallslive.com/Niagara_Falls_Webcam.htm

The cam may not be working right now but from this link you can see how close the hotel is to the Falls. The Canadian side is better for the drive between Buffalo and the Falls, the view of the Falls and activities for adults with and without (Ballet) the family.

If you have extra $$ stay on the Canadian side. The American isn't as nice, but less expensive hotel rooms. I'd check with a good travel agent, or use the sites like expedia or travelocity.

If you go to the Bills game, there is a Kiwi who tailgates in Lot 1 right near the "Pinto" who flies a NZ flag up high.

Thanks for all of the advice.

I was able to get a pretty good deal on a nice Falls View suite at Embassy Suites.

We thought we may as well splurge a little.

If anyone has any positive or negative things to say about the Embassy Suites... please tell me!

Can't wait to be back in Upstate New York and take the Seaway Trail to Niagara from Webster. It's going to be great!

Thanks for all of the advice.

I was able to get a pretty good deal on a nice Falls View suite at Embassy Suites.

We thought we may as well splurge a little.

If anyone has any positive or negative things to say about the Embassy Suites... please tell me!

Can't wait to be back in Upstate New York and take the Seaway Trail to Niagara from Webster. It's going to be great!

Good pick on Embassy, nice hotel there too...forgot about that one. Hope you have a blast when you come in