Rudi Johnson robbed by... NFL player

Didn't a Yankee bench warmer get caught stealing Derek Jeter's glove a few years ago to sell for profit???

That's a dirty move. I could see stealing a bat, or a jersey, but a guy's glove is sacred...It takes seasons to get a glove broken in to where it feels "right"...

I guess some people can't help themselves.

That would be Juan Rivera, now plays for the Angels. He was released the next day.

Actually, that was Ruben Rivera. He's been out of baseball for several years.

RUDI’S CRAZY DAY IN DETROIT

Posted by Mike Florio on September 2, 2008, 9:17 p.m. EDT

A strange thing happened to running back Rudi Johnson when he visited with the Detroit Lions on Monday.

Someone stole his stuff.

Seriously.

Specifically, and as we’re told by a reliable source (i.e., not the person who told Mort that Joey Harrington had agreed to terms with the Ravens on Monday, or the person who told John Clayton that Todd Bouman had agreed to terms with the Ravens on Tuesday), Johnson left his bags outside CEO Matt Millen’s office while he met with team officials and, ultimately, worked out a deal with the team.

So when Johnson came back to get his bags, they were nowhere to be found. Johnson and Millen were stumped.

Enter the eye in the sky.

The team checked the videotapes generated by the team’s in-house surveillance system, and they quickly identified the culprit.

So who might it have been? None other than Tatum Bell, who lost his gig with the Lions after Rudi arrived.

Per the source, Bell took the bags to the house of a female acquaintance. When confronted on the matter, Bell offered up some cockamamie story that he thought the bags belonged to someone he knew. The girl, however, said that she hadn’t seen Bell in several months and he showed up out of the blue and asked her to keep the bags for a while.

Johnson has retrieved the bags, and it’s our understanding that charges won’t be pressed.

Tatum apparently didn’t know that he was being monitored.

Fortunately, the displaced running back wasn’t Najeh Davenport.

That has got to be the most bizarre/hysterical story I've ever heard.

On a side note, Tatum Bell was released and I've heard of him.....

Linkage?

:thumbsup:

Never mind found a link

Johnson said a woman returned the bags to the practice facility Tuesday evening, but that the contents were gone.

"I got the bags back -- empty," he said. "So he's got a bunch of my underclothes. What he's going to do with that, I don't know. He's got some socks and boxers."

Johnson said he was also still missing about $200 in cash along with his ID and the credit cards, but said that he did not plan to involve the authorities.

"I don't need the police for this," he said. "I got my bags back and the credit cards are canceled."

Johnson did speak with Bell after the bags were returned.

"I didn't want to talk to him, but I let him know where I stand," he said. "He knows how I feel about it, and it isn't anything positive."

:thumbsup:

If you're caught "red handed" you should atleast make sure the guy gets all of his stuff back. I would have to say that this has to be an all time low of sorts for an actual NFL player. To steal a guy's bags like that is ridiculous. Tatum Bell is surely making a case to be "black balled" from the league when he's done in Detroit.

If you're caught "red handed" you should atleast make sure the guy gets all of his stuff back. I would have to say that this has to be an all time low of sorts for an actual NFL player. To steal a guy's bags like that is ridiculous. Tatum Bell is surely making a case to be "black balled" from the league when he's done in Detroit.

Well, then I guess you missed this aspect of the story: Tatum Bell Released

Oh, I don't know. There is all the guys who come to the Pets* voluntarily.

BTW, I agree he'll be blackballed. He doesn't have the talent to get away with that. Of course I could be wrong. :thumbsup:

What does that have to do with him saying Bell will be blackballed?

What does that have to do with him saying Bell will be blackballed?

As you can see from the bolded parts, absolutely nothing.

Maybe, IF the PFT story is true (which is always in question), Bell's attitude changed after Millen told him he was gone?

I'm guessing that the extreme irony and humiliation of being fired by Matt Millen is what made Tatum crack.