Lazy Buffalo journalism

bananathumb

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just heard on WGR AP reporter John Warow (sp?) says he's driven by Peters' house several times and a red pickup truck with Texas plates has been in the driveway but it hasn't moved. So someone is staking him out.

Just as I suspected all along - Peters has grown so fat, he's become molecularly fused to his couch and can no longer even get up and walk outside to his truck!

Probably resembles Messr. Creosote...

There's never actually much of anything in the Buffalo News anymore. It maybe gets to 50 pages during the week. Sports section has more High School coverage than Bills coverage. One article about the Bills long snapper today. That's it. NFL news is next to nothing. I am curious to see what this Sunday's Sports section looks like. The Bills coverage is about a third of what it used to be. Whomever does the local news must just watch the 11pm news on TV and take a few stories from there.

All the Local News stations do about 2 minutes of sports. Not much content or substance there anymore either.

WGR is a joke. I expect (foolishly perhaps) that a sports talk radio station would have people that talk about sports. Not so much. The two times I turned on WGR yesterday, they were talking about moustache waxing in the morning and then kids going back to school in the afternoon. When they bothered to take calls in the afternoon all they did was dismiss the callers points as useless.

I don't know if it's the lack of money or if they all think Bills fans get their information from the internet or the nationals (ESPN, NFL Network) or what. Coverage here certainly has fallen way off. I really miss the Empire Sports Network. Fan TV, Sportsline, all the Bills shows and so on.

This is pretty lazy:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...8090101969.html

"The left side of the offensive line, with guard Derrick Dockery and tackle Jason Peters, is a bright spot as the team looks to improve upon its 112.5 yards per game rushing average."

Yeah, don't even do the smallest amount of research before you write... :thumbsup:

He's an intern -- already back in school -- and apparently assumed Peters would return to the team before the season started.

Oops. That's what happens when you try to write stuff too far in advance ...

He's an intern -- already back in school -- and apparently assumed Peters would return to the team before the season started.

Oops. That's what happens when you try to write stuff too far in advance ...

So where the heck is Peters? At home? Where is that? Is he going to the local Dairy Queen every day or at a gym working out? Dancing the night away? Somebody must have an eyeball on him somewhere.

When I was down in Arkansas, setting up the Arkansas Naturals...I was talking to a guy that went to school with Peters...

He said he was at a bar once where he saw Jason get into a fight...and the dude that got hit he said looked like he was in ALOT of pain...

why don't you go find him and see what he does to you once you start asking him questions =D

When I was down in Arkansas, setting up the Arkansas Naturals...I was talking to a guy that went to school with Peters...

He said he was at a bar once where he saw Jason get into a fight...and the dude that got hit he said looked like he was in ALOT of pain...

You hearin' that, Eugene? Hidin' under your desk yet? :thumbsup: