So WTF is up with the Sox batting helmets?

It is nasty but, management just lets them play & have fun. They are one of the hardest working team/practice. Dirt Dogs! not Yankees style!GO SOX!!

Did they decide to have an ugliest helmet contest??? :blush:

78861[/snapback]

They're all Craig Biggio wannabes...he started that trend a few years back

78871[/snapback]

They've (MLB players) been doing the pine tar thing for as long as I can remember. Why? I don't know, but it's definitely been going on for at least 20 years.

Great. Now that I understand they don't use their batting helmets to clean up after their dogs in the park, maybe someone can explain the origin of the "Who's your daddy" cheer while Martinez was pitching.

79028[/snapback]

When the Yankees beat Pedro in a game late in the season he made a statement after the game that he couldn't find a way to beat the Yankees and I guess you can call them my daddy..... That's where it came from.

Oscar Madison vs Felix Unger, notice all cleancut the Yankee players are... :blush:

79097[/snapback]

Well here is a clean cut conversation between those Yankees this morning:

Derek: Hideki, Alex, what kinda ball are you playing?

Alex: I'm playing a Titlest, i marked it with .167, our 1-4 batters average in last four games

Hideki: Anata ga atarashi Topflight booru desu

Derek: do yu guys think I shaved close enough today, I could not hit Derek Lowe for stevestojan but I wanna make sure I'm clean cut on the golf course. Do i look fat in these golf pants?

Hideki: Hai!!!!!!

Well here is a clean cut conversation between those Yankees this morning:

Derek:  Hideki, Alex, what kinda ball are you playing?

Alex: I'm playing a Titlest, i marked it with .167, our 1-4 batters average in last four games

Hideki:  Anata ga atarashi Topflight booru desu

Derek: do yu guys think I shaved close enough today, I could not hit Derek Lowe for stevestojan but I wanna make sure I'm clean cut on the golf course.  Do i look fat in these golf pants?

Hideki: Hai!!!!!!

79140[/snapback]

Very nice. :w00t:

Yep but those dirst dogs or slobs whatever you want to call them beat your Spankee asses and are preparing for something other then golf which your spankees are doing lol. And the whos your daddy reference now points to the Red Sox being the Spankees DADDYS!!!

Can tell there aren't many true baseball fans or players here. The pine tar isn't intentionally smeared on the helmets, you crybaby Yankee fans. Use your heads....... the pine tars is used on the bat handle, which comes in contact with their batting gloves, which then comes in contact with their helmets when they put them on, adjuct them at the plate, pick them up after walkoffs HRs beat the biggest bunch of greedy, miserable eunuchs.

And unlike the power-hungry, controlling egomaniac that is George Steinbrenner, John Henry doesn't make the players or ball boys or whoever is responsible to buff the helmets daily so everyone can see the almighty sign of corporate sports gone wild. God-forbid the team has some unique identity that takes away from your marketing.

Man it feels great to be a Sox fan today.